Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you think 49 is too old for plastic surgery?

Hi everyone, I'm still preop and aged 48, I'm being optimistic that I will lose the weight and am interested in having an arm lift, breast lift, and anything else I need lifted, lol. I've seen people say why bother over age 40 you are too old no need at that ;point in your life. Yes, I will be 49 and pushing 50 and I'm not trying to be a sex symbol but I it's something I want. Am I being vain? I know my younger years are behind me.

Your Younger Years are not behind you, imagine if I showed up at 73, after they finished rolling on the floor they would remind me Lourdes is in France and far far from Central Ohio. Besides as stretched out as my skin probably is, I would need seat belt retractors on my arms and inner thighs. Everybody mentions Bat Wings, what about Harem Pants thighs, that's skin not voluminous chiffon and sequins below .my hips. While everybody else fears a strong wind will take them airborne, well my former Thunder Thighs will be clapping a fond farewell as they sail over!

I am 49 and in my opinion age is just a number. If you want to nip and tuck after your surgery go right ahead. I am considering plastic for my stomach if I end up with a lot of excess skin. Don't apologize because you want to improve on your appearance. You are as young as you feel.

Just now, SusieQ2019 said:

I am 49 and in my opinion age is just a number. If you want to nip and tuck after your surgery go right ahead. I am considering plastic for my stomach if I end up with a lot of excess skin. Don't apologize because you want to improve on your appearance. You are as young as you feel.

Thank you..so many haters in my personal life....ARGH

It is never too old to be healthy, active and happy. I was 62 when i had VSG last November. My mentality of being too old changed very quickly as i started to loose weight. I'm 63 now and wear size 8 destructed jeans! And i feel GOOD!

2 hours ago, Panda333 said:

interested in arm lift, breast lift, - pushing 50 and I'm not trying to be a sex symbol - vain???

@Panda333

hey youngun😉

i was turning 58 years OLD when i had my sleeve.

62, when i had a face lift, and boob job!!

plastics go for it!! what's wrong with being a sex symbol??

you will look great, and you are not vain!!!

its never too late for ANYTHING - i plan on parachuting this summer!! (NSV)

now i stand proud/tall at 65 years YOUNG☺️

good luck with pending WLS

kathy

I was 55 when I had my VSG. I'm now 57. I've lost about 150 and am a nationally ranked athlete in my sport. I haven't had plastics yet, but I have met with a surgeon and am planning to have a panni with Tummy Tuck (which my insurance will cover) and breast reduction/lift (the reduction will be covered as well). I'd love to have my arms done, but I'm a bit scared of the recovery time on it and the impact on my sport. I'm trying to figure out when to do stuff because having it done will require some time off work and I still have one kid in college and one on the way there.

I was almost 48, when I had my sleeve. Lost all in about 9 months. Had a TT/Panni a year later & have maintained ever since.

Age is only a number. Now, I'm 54 and am happier, more confident, energetic & feel better than I did when I was younger........and obese!

I'm turning 47 later this year and have set up 3 consults in the coming weeks to weigh my plastics options. I've lost about 95 lbs and my arms are looking saggy. I want them to look as good as I feel :)

You are never too old!

On 04/19/2019 at 06:41, Panda333 said:

Hi everyone, I'm still preop and aged 48, I'm being optimistic that I will lose the weight and am interested in having an arm lift, breast lift, and anything else I need lifted, lol. I've seen people say why bother over age 40 you are too old no need at that ;point in your life. Yes, I will be 49 and pushing 50 and I'm not trying to be a sex symbol but I it's something I want. Am I being vain? I know my younger years are behind me.

Why bother after age 40? Who are these people?

I’m in my early 40’s & I’m planning plastics at the end of this year.

Considering my grandmother is 93 and still going strong, it’s likely I’m not even middle age yet.

You are never too old to want to look and feel confident. Go for it! ❤️

Note to Self: You are not too old
It is not too late
if not not now, when?
You need It
You want it
You know you do deserve it so let's go for it, Baby!

Do what makes you feel fierce, strong and happy.

I had my lapband placed when I was 54.

Next Tuesday I'm getting a Tummy Tuck. I just turned 60.

Is that too late? Who cares? I want to live the rest of my life in a body that makes me feel good and healthy. I cannot wait to have a flat, toned tummy.

And I pray🙏you shall for you are a fierce strong woman, and you deserve the BEST!