Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just sending a Good Morning!

I feel like i have been gone forever and all I have done is work and dance LOL.. I just updated my weight and the difference was over 15 pounds, so i have been gone over a month LOL... Anyways.. Hope all are doing well. I am going to catch up on the boards and be active on here again!

Have a great day!

Good Friday Blessings.

And to you also, there is beauty in every day, and as I grow smaller I see it more and more! Pretty soon I hope to be Half the woman I once was, and that will be more than twice as wonderful as I ever suspected it would be! I guess I might be channeling Disney a little but,it truly is "A Brand New World" and I am overjoyed to still be here to enjoy it!😝🌈

4 hours ago, Jazzy1125 said:

Good Morning - Hope all are doing well. going to be active on here again!

@Jazzy1125

welcome back bud - we've missed you!!

good afternoon, and you have a good day too!!

doing well, thank you very much - better now that you are back!! (laying it on thick!!)🤣

kathy

Hello there! Welcome back! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Here's to a great week. <3

Well I put in an order for a Terrific Tuesday, but let's see what I can do to insure that! This is an every- other-day week for me. Yesterday was Urology. My former urologist Dr Clemens decided to confine his practice to Franklin County and Columbus so I now belong to his partner, Dr Jed Henry. Seems very nice, a little older(42) than Dr Clemens but still young enough to be my kid. That happens a lot when you're 73. Going to call me back on Wednesday with a proper antibiotic instead of prescribing an antibiotic willy- Billy. Said I don't like the color and consistency of your urine, well Duh, I don't either, and that's why I came in. We had a good laugh at the expense of my PCP who told me last Thursday he would give me a 5 day script for Microbid and never faxed it over to Wal-Mart, my usual pharmacy. If I knew he was gonna forget, I should have asked for a hand-written script, He's only 50 or so, young for senility, maybe a transient stupid attack?
Wednesday I also go over to my local hospital, Knox Community aka the "Band-Aid Station" dubbed this by the Columbus hospitals. They have a habit of treating what they want and sending the rest by land or helicopter transport to Columbus. Hence the sarcasm.
When I was getting ready for my endoscopy on April 12th, the anesthesia doctor had a low-grade hissy because she heard a Frank heart murmer. Had my PCP. talked with me about it? Well he MIGHT have mentioned it but I thought it was mild, functional and probably part of aging. She still was a less' than- happy - camper, would not let her resident do my sedation, did it herself, and must have sent a little note to PCP because I got more cardiac testing tomorrow at 1 pm. Oh Happy Happy Joy 😂 Joy! Then on Friday I see my ENT, Dr Suzie Helming, she is a really sweet person. I have had a noticable huskiness coming over my voice, usually a high alto/low soprano quality. Now I think I sound like Lauren Bacall & why is this? Is it the culmative effect of all those years of Gerd, is my recently found thyroid nodule pressing on a vocal cord, could it have some sort of heredity basis, my late Mama was also husky- sounding the last few years of her life( died 16 years ago at 87, I was 57 then) or could it be something else? Saw her hubby Dr Jarrett, the orthopaedic surgeon, he did my 1st knee in 2014. Asked why I was sitting outside the office building on a bench, told him about going to visit his wife on Friday, we joked about that I didn't have to go to such lengths to see here, he had pictures on his wallet of her and the kids. Their daughter Charleigh is petite like her, but poor child, she otherwise looks just like her daddy. Maybe she'll outgrow it? Must going to be 3 in June, and their son Dylan, gosh I do not see a resemblance to either of them. The last picture I saw of him, he looked like Suzie had gone somewhere for Donor IVF, maybe he resembles Suzie's Dad or Jarrett's Mama? Funny how genes work! One of the cousins, Brandee, on late hubby side, spitting image of their Aunt Lois, but her grandma Aunt Woneta and Aunt Lois looked nothing alike. My hubby was the son of the oldest sister Faye, then came Aunt Ruth ,Aunt Lois and lastly Aunt Woneta. If you saw them on the street, didn't know them, you would never suspect they were sisters.
So we Will see how this week pans out. And next week on the 30th I go to Columbus to be seen at the Bariatric Clinic , my paperwork says I see Dr Noria, my surgeons partner, but one of the nurses I spoke to the other day said No I merely see Valerie the head Nurse- Practitioner. Well no big thing either way! In the meantime celebrating being down to 228 from alk- time high of 365+, I say + because I got to the point I would not get on a scale unless you jabbed me with a sharpened stick. Knew all scales carried a grudge and wouldn't say anything nice about me! Suffice it to say my BMI was in the 50s and now it's mid 30s and lowering by the day! Yippee Skipee Yahoo!👍😝👍🍀🌈