Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily calories 8 months post VSG sleeve

Height: 5’2
HW: 210
CW: 123
GW: 115

So lately my daily calories have increased dramatically. I’m able to consume around 1250 calories per day, and I most definitely do. 🤦🏼‍♀️
I’m 8 months out, I workout for at least 15-30 minutes a day (I know, that’s not much but ya know..).
Haven’t lost weight in about a month and a half, and I’m starting to go kinda nuts. Is it the daily calories that’s sabotaging my weight-loss? I wouldn’t have thought 1250 is to much...
perhaps it’s a standard stall...? Maybe it’s the excessive sodium...? (Lots of salted sunflower seeds)
thoughts?

Yep. Also the 8-10 month lull is a real thing. I've seen it in myself and in so many other sophomores!

Bottom line, to lose? I need to be at 600-850cals per day, <25-30g net carbs, 60-75g Protein, and healthy fats to fill up the remaining cals. It's about 30-45g fat per day.

Absolutely no alcohol. Very little artificial sweeteners.

And I do IF. LOL. It helped me get my last 20lbs off. I started IF in my 9th month. I can easily get my protein in from food and get 100+oz water/liquid daily.

I'm in the same boat right now at 4 months. I think it's a stall. If I eat 600 calories I maintain but if I eat 900 calories I gain. How crazy is that?

Sodium will def defeat you!

I’m nearly a year out and I fluctuate between 121 -123lbs depending on how many calories I eat. If I eat over 1100, I tend to gain. I can easily lose it by eating under 1100 the next day. Mostly I just eat 990-1000 and stay around 121. If I dip below that, I eat extra nuts the next day.

My tricks on days when I’m using up calories but feel legitimately hungry or just “want” food? A 16 ounce mug of Hot Decaf tea with Truvia and a splash of sugar free French vanilla Creamer. Very filling, sweet and few calories. It’s also hydrating. Sometimes I have to do that a few times in the same day!

Other times I just say, “Eff it”, have a single serve ice cream cup and deal with it the next day! But I always deal with it within 48 hours so it doesn’t pile up. ;)

Edited by Screwballski

You guys are incredible.
Thanks for this ! :)

Oh wow, reading this my calorie intake is quiet bad, between 1300-1600 a day these days, i am 10 months out , lost 73 odd kg’s , 6 foot 3 , 96 kg now ....

My surgeon told me to stay at 800-1,000 kcal per day...forever!