Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery is complete! Onto road to recover

Well done Jon - you're on the other side now :)

How are you feeling today? Best of luck in your journey - I know you are going to do well! (:

Wishing you the very best in your recovery. My sleeve is on Wednesday, the 24th. I did't know there was a "leak test" - that sure makes a lot of sense! Take care!

On 04/22/2019 at 18:06, pmreardon said:

Wishing you the very best in your recovery. My sleeve is on Wednesday, the 24th. I did't know there was a "leak test" - that sure makes a lot of sense! Take care!

Hey there! Thank you so much and good luck to you on yours! And yeah there’s a leak test, they make you drink this god awful contrast which I nearly threw up (why they don’t make one that tastes good is beyond me) lol

Well Jon it's a week, are you feeling weak or strong as a bill or somewhere in between?

Congrats! So happy for you. Keep us posted with your journey. I'm only halfway through the 90 days. I need words of encouragement from folks like you.

I’m feeling really good :) the gas has definitely settled down. I’m making sure to continue with my walking regimen, 3-4 miles everyday so far. I’m down to 267 as of yesterday, I lost 10 about a week before liquid preop diet, then 10 days of that dropped another 20 and 5 days after surgery weighed in another 10 pound loss. So going to keep pushing and hope I can get to 220! But all and all, strong as bull and still have no hunger which is amazing!

I had Surgery on 22nd and went home that night. My surgeon does not require a leak test. I also had the burping feeling without being able to get it out. The good news is Gas X got rid of that quickly. I missed the nausea too! yeah. I have been swollen though and struggling to get in all of the fluids I need. Today is day two and I am now able to sip without pain most of the time. I hope your recovery is going as well! Good luck!

I have 2 more pre-op visits then wait for approval and date. As I've had the lap band most of the visits are just visiting. The diet is much the same for both, the recovery a bit harder for the sleeve. I'm getting nervous but will just take this one month at a time.

On 04/24/2019 at 20:04, Shellcat said:

I had Surgery on 22nd and went home that night. My surgeon does not require a leak test. I also had the burping feeling without being able to get it out. The good news is Gas X got rid of that quickly. I missed the nausea too! yeah. I have been swollen though and struggling to get in all of the fluids I need. Today is day two and I am now able to sip without pain most of the time. I hope your recovery is going as well! Good luck!

Wow no leak test! I feel like for me personally it’s just a sense of relief knowing there’s no leak I guess, did you have the sleeve performed?

The gas pain definitely subsides, so don’t worry! If it’s gas pain from the surgery, walking around had helped me get rid of that. If it’s gas pain after your swallow something, then time was the only thing that helped. It’s been a week for me and all the gas pain has dissipated for me. I didn’t take any gasX for pain relief as by the time I got the word out on here about it, I had already started feeling better and just pushed through it.

Speedy recovery for you! It’ll go by quick, it’s already flying by for me :)

On 04/24/2019 at 21:47, Sandra Nuelken said:

I have 2 more pre-op visits then wait for approval and date. As I've had the lap band most of the visits are just visiting. The diet is much the same for both, the recovery a bit harder for the sleeve. I'm getting nervous but will just take this one month at a time.

I was super nervous and anxious when the day before surgery myself. That’s why I actually decided to join this forum to get positive feedback and read a lot of amazing weight loss stories which inspired me to get passed the anxiety. Once the surgery was over it was a huge sigh of relief and I was just ecstatic at that point to get up and motivate myself to my own weight loss journey.

Nervous is normal :) hope all goes well and hope to read your weight loss journey soon!

Thank for the support. I'm nervous maybe because after having the band I know somewhat what is ahead. Again thanks for the kind words.

I also had the band in 2007 removed in 2012. I hated it due to the terrible reflux so I know how it adds a lot more anxiety to say the least. Good Luck!