Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

EVERYTHING feels stuck, keep vomiting

Today I’m 15 days post op. Supposed to move up to purée. (No chance in heck I’m trying) every single thing I put in my mouth feels like it just sits in my esophagus and I belch until I vomit it up. Doesn’t matter what it is. Water broth shakes, sugar free popsicles, power aide zero. 🤮😩 plz tell me this won’t be the rest of my life? I literally haven’t kept anything down in 3 days. Not that I’m hungry but I know I need it.

FIRST CONSULT DR FIRST THING THEN GO BACK TO THE DAY AFTER SURGERY SIPS NOT drinks SLOW DOWN SIPS ARE A MUST I CAN STILL SEND IT BACK OUT IF I DRINK TO MUCH OR TO FAST

I’ve only been sipping. Like two sips to swallow a spoon full. I emailed the surgeon and she didn’t seem to concerned that’s why I was reaching out. If it’s something I just gotta man up and get through then I will but I gotta know this won’t be a forever feeling.

Try different temperatures. Cold did me in. But warm or room temp went down well. If you can't get your Fluid in you risk dehydration (which makes you nauseated and makes it even harder to keep liquids down). Don't worry about Protein today. Focus on getting your Clear Liquids in.

Keep at your Dr as dehydration is awful. I too found warm liquids much better, and salty/savoury flavours like Soup. I couldn't tolerate Protein Drinks and still can't 6 months out (I get foamies and throw up). Try and relax, when I'm upset or stressed nothing goes in to my sleeve! Powerade was great as once my electrolytes got sorted then I felt less sick and was able to drink more. It truly does get better!! But definitely get medical help if it doesn't come right soon.

Take very small bites , i went and bought baby forks and spoons. That way you are only getting very small bites and also wait for 30 seconds or so before i take another bite. Hang in there , I'm lucky I've had no issues. It will get better :)

Edited by TreeMystic

How are you doing now? Please let us know if you are improving and if you managed to contact your doctor.

Learning how to live with this is like immersion therapy to learn a foreign languagr, very gratifying when you acheive fluency but scary as heck until you get there.

I could only do ice chips the first 3 weeks. We all heal differently. From there I was able to drink only chicken broth until 4 weeks when I finally was able to drink 2 oz of Protein Drink and would be full. My dr told me fluids were the most important since my body had plenty of stored energy (fat). Try different temperatures and even different brands of Protein Shakes. I hope it gets better for you soon. Take care.

I remember being like that. I couldn’t keep anything down and just foamed right back out. My sister gave me propel Water (I think the berry flavor) And once my electrolytes were replenished I was able to keep other liquids down.

I’ll try that. I saw the physical therapist at work yesterday after noon. He said every single rib on my lift side was out of place. He would guess happened in surgery them pulling and pushing me around and laying flat on the surgery table. He put them back. Instant relief of pain! When I set up it was like a rush (I can only describe it as a flush) everything suck felt like it went straight down! He said they were out so badly that they might have been pressing on my esophagus and making me have trouble swallowing. It’s been about 18 yrs now without vomiting. Although I still feel like my throat is full after every drink or bite. And I did froth several times today. I do feel much better! Thank u everyone.

Today I’m 15 days post op. Supposed to move up to purée. (No chance in heck I’m trying) every single thing I put in my mouth feels like it just sits in my esophagus and I belch until I vomit it up. Doesn’t matter what it is. Water broth shakes, sugar free popsicles, power aide zero. 🤮 plz tell me this won’t be the rest of my life? I literally haven’t kept anything down in 3 days. Not that I’m hungry but I know I need it.
The same happened to me. I ended up dehydrated 3 times. I was given the bariatric cocktail infusion 3 times. I can keep things down now as long as I take a real "sip."

Sent from my Moto E (4) using BariatricPal mobile app