Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 07/16/2019 at 02:56, ARMoma45 said:

That's awesome, congrats....that's one of my "things I can't wait to do" :)

It will happen for you too. It’s amazing how quickly I’ve lost enough to feel better. Even if I haven’t had anyone say anything yet I have had several people tell me I look good. It’s partly bc I’m losing but I think even more because I feel so much better.

On 07/16/2019 at 08:14, Stitches78 said:

6 weeks out and I think I'm pretty much back to normal. I've lost so much weight and feel great. I went back to my kung fu classes last night. It was great. Been hitting the weights and swimming as much as possible. I saw a few people saying they didn't have energy after a couple of weeks...don't worry, it will come back. It's completely normal. I have tons of energy as long as I keep up with everything and get all my Protein in. Hope everyone is doing good.

I’m so happy to hear this! I’ll be 3 weeks post op tomorrow and I’m DRAINED! I’m tired ALL the time... I can sleep for hours. I was starting to feel a kind of way thinking how long will this continue? Especially during the time of the month... I could’ve slept for 24 hours (sorry fellas for the TMI lol)

On 07/16/2019 at 07:14, Stitches78 said:

6 weeks out and I think I'm pretty much back to normal. I've lost so much weight and feel great. I went back to my kung fu classes last night. It was great. Been hitting the weights and swimming as much as possible. I saw a few people saying they didn't have energy after a couple of weeks...don't worry, it will come back. It's completely normal. I have tons of energy as long as I keep up with everything and get all my Protein in. Hope everyone is doing good.

Glad to hear this, too! I’m five weeks out and still quite tired most days. I’m doing Water aerobics twice weekly and have zero energy when I’m done. Some days I sleep a solid 8-9 hours and take a 1.5 nap and still fall fast asleep at night. So, happy to know it does end. I even checked in with my doc, who said it was normal. I’m ready for my 6 week check up, just so I can ask all my questions. Anyway. Continued success to you and everyone else❤️

Hey everyone!!! How is everyone doing? I will be 4 weeks post OP tomorrow and so far I'm down a whopping 13 lbs since surgery. I'm still pretty tired and I've been moody but apparently that's normal since us ladies store estrogen in our fat and it starts getting released after surgery. I've been trying some new foods here and there too. Still hurts like a b!t*h when I sneeze though. My goodness it feels like I'm being ripped apart but other than that, I feel wonderful. I don't regret doing this one bit. I've noticed that I've dropped quite a few inches even if the pounds don't reflect it. Very happy with this second chance at life. Anyone else getting dizzy when you stand up though?

On 7/7/2019 at 2:12 AM, ARMoma45 said:

Wow, congrats :)

Momma, how are you holding up?! Only 6 days left!!!!!!

I'm good. I have everything taken care of with the hospital and am ready for Monday. I'm really struggling with this liquid diet however lol. I do good all day and night until I get off work...that's when i've always had my biggest meal. I'm about sick to death of Protein Shakes too :huh:

Also, I found out that i've likely had a heart issue in the past. My EKGs have always been normal but my pre-op one says I may have had a heart attack of undetermined age. Things got real very quickly. The good news though is that as of that day I had a normal sinus rhythm.

@Stitches78That's awesome...I so look forward to having some energy.

Edited by ARMoma45

14 hours ago, BulletWithButterflyWings said:

Hey everyone!!! How is everyone doing? I will be 4 weeks post OP tomorrow and so far I'm down a whopping 13 lbs since surgery. I'm still pretty tired and I've been moody but apparently that's normal since us ladies store estrogen in our fat and it starts getting released after surgery. I've been trying some new foods here and there too. Still hurts like a b!t*h when I sneeze though. My goodness it feels like I'm being ripped apart but other than that, I feel wonderful. I don't regret doing this one bit. I've noticed that I've dropped quite a few inches even if the pounds don't reflect it. Very happy with this second chance at life. Anyone else getting dizzy when you stand up though?

The dizziness is from your blood pressure not adjusting to standing quickly enough. Just stand slowly and wait a moment before you try to walk. If you're still on blood pressure meds, you may need to decrease those. My primary Dr already told me to keep a watch on my blood pressure and stop the meds if it's staying low.

Glad to hear you're doing well...especially since you're my guinea pig lol.

Sneezing is the worst!

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

Question for those that have already gone through the pre-op diet. Did y'all have brain fog? I'm having the worst time concentrating this week.

8 hours ago, ARMoma45 said:

Question for those that have already gone through the pre-op diet. Did y'all have brain fog? I'm having the worst time concentrating this week.

Momma that diet was the worst time 8 had focusing lol. You're soooo close. I'm so excited for Monday. Are the girls staying with you?

I’m second guessing my calories, I’ve lost 20 lbs and I’m 5 weeks post opp. Maybe I’m eating too much? Why the stalls for such a long time? Since week 2 I’ve been struggling to lose more than a pound or two a week. I lost 15 lbs in like the first 10 days then stop. Oh well must workout now I guess?

I am 7 weeks post OP and down 27 pounds since the day of surgery (60 pounds lost overall).

I am still stuck on mostly soft foods due to vomit when I eat regular foods. I have another follow up next week but may need to have an upper GI if it doesn't get better 😥

Three weeks four days postop and I’m SO energy “deprived”. I feel pretty good otherwise. I’m down from 207 surgery weight to 185. Whew, feeling happy about that. I’m sorry I’m not in here much. I’m in three groups on FB. I pretty much pay attention to it than in here. So I’m leaving this app. Thanks for everything. 💜💜

How is my wonderful family doing?! Big shout out to our sister ARMomma. She had her surgery last Monday. How is everyone feeling? I won't lie, cravings are horrible sometimes but I've stayed strong. I feel so hungry but can barely eat anything. I've been living off of Protein Shakes still. Ugh.