Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 hours ago, Aimy76 said:

Good Morning All! I just wanted to share my good news. Today I woke up in Onderland! I am so grateful for my tool!!

Wow, congrats :)

Thank you!! 😍

1 hour ago, FluffySaysForkIt! said:

Congratulations!!! That is an awesome thing! :) Way to go!!!!

Thank you!!

Hey guys...hope everyone is doing well. I am almost 3 weeks out from surgery. I have ZERO energy. Which makes me so sad. Like I’m in tears just thinking about it. I’m doing my purées and getting my Water in. But I’m frustrated. I’m used to being busy. Going back to the office tomorrow and nervous that the day will be tough. Anyone else struggle through the same??

Angel Stew, I was fine for the first week, but have grown increasingly tired as the days wear on. I’m 12 days from surgery -and have been napping midday. I think this has to do w/calorie intake and healing. Also, according to my surgeon’s PA, the heat can impact tiredness as well. I’m going back to work tomorrow, too. But thankfully, I scheduled a very light week so if I need to go home or take a 5-minute cat nap, I can. Oh, I’m getting all fluids and Protein in, sometimes more than the 64oz/grams they suggest. So, I really do think this is part of the healing for some of us. Good luck tomorrow!!

Hello ladies and the one other guy, I don't think is even still with us....I haven't checked in in a bit. Just wanted to stop by and say all is well, feeling great.....or I was until today. I finally went and got a Black Card membership at PF and went today. Managed 3 miles on the treadmill, walking mostly but I was able to do a couple of intermittent jogs. Did some leg presses and then some ab killers....5 sets of 30 Russian Twists with a 10 lb medicine ball. My abs were on FIRE and I thought that would be the one I would regret but as it turns out, the leg presses were a bit too much, I can barely walk now and almost fell on my face a little while ago trying to go down the stairs. My legs are like Jello. LMAO As much as I am hurting, I still feel awesome that I went and was able to do as well as I did.

Other victories....Before surgery I was in a tight 46' jeans, I can now get into 40s but they're a bit tight so I'll stay in the loose 42s another week or so. Guy at the gym gave me a 3xl that I asked for but then he threw me a Large and said there's an extra one for you to set yourself a goal. Hell yeah!!

Started on soft foods yesterday. I can tell it's going to be hard to get in the Protein goals with just food so I guess i will keep some shakes handy. It wasn't so bad with the sleeve but with this revision, a spoonful of food fills me up. It's crazy. I make a bowl of scrambled eggs, mix in some Unjury unflavored protein and just eat a bite every 10-15 minutes.

Hope everyone is doing well. Best Wishes.

23 minutes ago, JamesL73 said:

Hello ladies and the one other guy, I don't think is even still with us....I haven't checked in in a bit. Just wanted to stop by and say all is well, feeling great.....or I was until today. I finally went and got a Black Card membership at PF and went today. Managed 3 miles on the treadmill, walking mostly but I was able to do a couple of intermittent jogs. Did some leg presses and then some ab killers....5 sets of 30 Russian Twists with a 10 lb medicine ball. My abs were on FIRE and I thought that would be the one I would regret but as it turns out, the leg presses were a bit too much, I can barely walk now and almost fell on my face a little while ago trying to go down the stairs. My legs are like Jello. LMAO As much as I am hurting, I still feel awesome that I went and was able to do as well as I did.

Other victories....Before surgery I was in a tight 46' jeans, I can now get into 40s but they're a bit tight so I'll stay in the loose 42s another week or so. Guy at the gym gave me a 3xl that I asked for but then he threw me a Large and said there's an extra one for you to set yourself a goal. Hell yeah!!

Started on soft foods yesterday. I can tell it's going to be hard to get in the Protein goals with just food so I guess i will keep some shakes handy. It wasn't so bad with the sleeve but with this revision, a spoonful of food fills me up. It's crazy. I make a bowl of scrambled eggs, mix in some Unjury unflavored Protein and just eat a bite every 10-15 minutes.

Hope everyone is doing well. Best Wishes.

Glad to hear you're doing well, apart from the Jello legs! 😄 My program is making me wait until 6 weeks post-op before I can do any strength training, but at the 6 week mark, I'll be marching myself in to PF to get a membership again so I can use their machines. I'm determined to get in a good strength training regimen as soon as I can!

The shakes are also definitely the only way I can get in all the protein I need to, though I'm getting better at it... some cheeses are sitting surprisingly well with me, so I've been starting to nibble on those more here and there. It's been a relief to finally start to eat a couple of more normal foods again!

Good for you! I just got released for normal exercise and foods on 7/2. I plan to start tomorrow with weights. I had a lot of “treats” including a sirloin burger with A-1 from the grill this week with the holiday and cooking for family, but stayed under 40g carbs and over 50 Protein every day. I think with the holiday over, being back in my routine next week will help. I probably gained a pound in Water from salt and carbs, though. Doing well. Down 30 pounds since surgery. Drs say I’m doing great and on track/compliant so I celebrated a little. Now back to reality. 😆

Angelstew I am 2 weeks post op and also tired all the time. It’s frustrating but I managed to go to The Rolling Stones tonight and walk the stadium. I have my check up with my surgeon tomorrow and I’m going to ask him about it.

On 07/07/2019 at 18:21, cris20495 said:

Angel Stew, I was fine for the first week, but have grown increasingly tired as the days wear on. I’m 12 days from surgery -and have been napping midday. I think this has to do w/calorie intake and healing. Also, according to my surgeon’s PA, the heat can impact tiredness as well. I’m going back to work tomorrow, too. But thankfully, I scheduled a very light week so if I need to go home or take a 5-minute cat nap, I can. Oh, I’m getting all fluids and Protein in, sometimes more than the 64oz/grams they suggest. So, I really do think this is part of the healing for some of us. Good luck tomorrow!!
Thank you. That makes me feel better. Good luck to you too today!

On 07/08/2019 at 01:51, Rachelj788 said:

Angelstew I am 2 weeks post op and also tired all the time. It’s frustrating but I managed to go to The Rolling Stones tonight and walk the stadium. I have my check up with my surgeon tomorrow and I’m going to ask him about it.
Rolling Stones?? Fun!!! Good luck with your appointment today

11 hours ago, Angel Stew said:
On 7/7/2019 at 6:21 PM, cris20495 said:

Thank you. That makes me feel better. Good luck to you too today!

how'd you do today? I was surprised by how energetic I felt. Maybe all that time at home on the sofa was good for me and also maybe it was too boring, allowing me to over focus on every little inkling (to yawn, for instance).

My surgeon mentioned that I would be tired the first month because it's so few calories. I really perked up once I got to add more foods.

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app