Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Congrats :)

Hey everyone. So I’m one week out from surgery. I had the VSG done on the 28th. I don’t feel hungry at all. Getting my Water and Protein are hard. But I have been eating cream of wheat which has been a life saver. I don’t have any indication really that I’m full when I eat so I usually will eat 2-3 oz and then stop as I don’t want to get sick. My mom and brother are in town to help me out but I have been focused on keeping them entertained instead of resting. Today my stomach is very sore. Probably because all of the movement. One episode of vomiting of my first night home, but otherwise I’ve been feeling good. Occasionally the muscle under my incisions will burn really bad and I have to sit and rest before I can move again. I also have been having a ton of acid production which has been pretty painful. It feels like an intense hunger pain. But my medication and tums have really been helping.

On 7/3/2019 at 5:23 PM, Batty2000 said:

Preach it! I still hate sleeping because I can't sleep on my side yet.

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

Girl I feel you on that. I keep trying to side sleep because I CANNOT sleep on my back. I miss side sleeping comfortably.

11 hours ago, ARMoma45 said:

Congrats :)

How are you feeling momma? Hows the liquid diet going?

On 07/05/2019 at 11:50, BulletWithButterflyWings said:

Girl I feel you on that. I keep trying to side sleep because I CANNOT sleep on my back. I miss side sleeping comfortably.

You still can’t sleep on your side?! Ugh. Lol I keep trying and it’s not working. When will the tightness go away?

13 hours ago, BulletWithButterflyWings said:

How are you feeling momma? Hows the liquid diet going?

It was easy peasy the first couple days but now on day 5 it's much harder. I only eat between the hours of 10pm and about 8am which is mostly my work hours...which is fine as long as I can control things...BUT on the nights that i'm working short staffed and crazy busy, I don't get to eat like I should which means I don't eat much at all. One night this week I only got in 545 calories and I paid dearly the next night feeling so weak. Plus i'm working 6 and 7 days a week due to short staffing and i'm pretty drained.

I have lost about 11 lbs though lol.

You still can’t sleep on your side?! Ugh. Lol I keep trying and it’s not working. When will the tightness go away?
I'm able to sleep on my left side if I tuck a pillow under my side. Still can't sleep on my right. The muscles still ache too much.

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

Good Morning All! I just wanted to share my good news. Today I woke up in Onderland! I am so grateful for my tool!!

11 hours ago, Mamasboys_svg said:

Itching around incisions ?? Surgery 8 day PO normal?? How can is too the itching can it be infection?

mamasboys_vsg

I had the same but it is just the normal healing process. I did use the pre op soap hibaclens a few times but it looks like everything is healing nice. I am still itchy 23 days out so you’re fine. Don’t worry.

9 hours ago, Aimy76 said:

Good Morning All! I just wanted to share my good news. Today I woke up in Onderland! I am so grateful for my tool!!

Congratulations!!! That is an awesome thing! :) Way to go!!!!

On 7/6/2019 at 12:21 AM, ARMoma45 said:

It was easy peasy the first couple days but now on day 5 it's much harder. I only eat between the hours of 10pm and about 8am which is mostly my work hours...which is fine as long as I can control things...BUT on the nights that i'm working short staffed and crazy busy, I don't get to eat like I should which means I don't eat much at all. One night this week I only got in 545 calories and I paid dearly the next night feeling so weak. Plus i'm working 6 and 7 days a week due to short staffing and i'm pretty drained.

I have lost about 11 lbs though lol.

Hang in there!

I honestly think the liquid diet was the worst part of the whole thing for me. I felt pretty ill through all of it, too. It was so bad I just ended up eating about 400 cals a day as it was all I could stomach for most of the two weeks.

(Probably because there are no pizza Protein shakes... lol!)

48 minutes ago, FluffySaysForkIt! said:

Hang in there!

I honestly think the liquid diet was the worst part of the whole thing for me. I felt pretty ill through all of it, too. It was so bad I just ended up eating about 400 cals a day as it was all I could stomach for most of the two weeks.

(Probably because there are no pizza Protein shakes... lol!)

LOL I'm craving meat.

16 hours ago, Mamasboys_svg said:

Itching around incisions ?? Surgery 8 day PO normal?? How can is too the itching can it be infection?

mamasboys_vsg

It's probably just itching because it's healing. Unless you see that it's getting really red and having some drainage, I wouldn't worry to much about it.