Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

38 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

You could have a small amount of blood pist- surgery but it should be well- digested down towards black and tarry, if it is bright flaming red, a cause for concern, bring your bariatric team back into the loop. For at least 6 weeks, you are legally Their Baby! Let them know, please? You are important, you do matter, I'm a grandma twice over, if you were mine I WOULD WORRY- shoot I would frog- March you into the office and Great- Grandma Frustr8 would get some action, even if you sat silent. I fight for and protect My Own and I done adopted YOU!

So I managed to go today and it was black so maybe that's a good sign. I told them and my dr said he thinks things are fine but if things get worse to go to my nearest ER. I am so glad you adopted me lol. Your posts always make me smile.

Central Ohio, actually 14 miles from the Geographical Center, Centerburg, where my Late Mama graduated from the small High School there in (shudder( 1935. This indicates I too am older than dirt! I turned 73 last December 26th, Looked up your profile, you actually live in Carrollton, the crown jewel of Carroll County. I had a friend, haven't heard from her for a while, she claimed to be from Salem but in actuality Hanoverton. When her hubby died he was buried in the cemetery there.
I actually live in Mount Vernon, population 20,000, birthplace of Daniel Decatur Emment, author of "Dixie , Dr James Semple, a dentist who helped invent chewing gum, he actually thought it would whiten his patients teeth and Paul Lynde , actor who was in Bye Bye Birdie and also played Uncle Arthur on Bewitched. Now the home of me, don't always make the headlines but in the last 2 weeks had 2 drownings in the Kokosing, our main river, one recovered, too bad , I knew the guys mother pretty well, graduated from High School with his Dad, Mark was only 40. The next week a 15 year old from Columbus drowned on a vacation trip up here. Both times the Water was deep, and like many Ohio. rivers , treacherous. They think they found him in Dresden, if so he made it past Walhonding , Coshocton and into the Muskingum, a far piece by anyone's standards. Awaiting an autopsy, think they are doing it in Zanesville instead of sending him over to Columbus. I wouldn't even wade in the Kokosing at High Water levels and I know it better than most!
But by and large, I am doing reasonably well after my surgery , 170+ pounds down from my High weight, 120+ since my surgery close to 10 months ago. Started at the High Morbid Obesity BMI of 52, now down to just under 200 and BMI 31.1, at 30 I will be merely Overweight- not Obese any more and Never Again! Even if portions of me look like a balloon somebody blew up and
let the air out of, it's worth it. I can hide that under clothes. My complaint is: once I lost my double chins, chipmunk cheeks and shrunk body parts including my neck and arms, now tummy and rump, I'll be Ding Dang Donged who I actually resemble cause I sure don't look like ME anymore! Tomkitten keeps telling me " You're still beautiful to ME!" might believe him more if the opthamologist hadn't recently fitted him with glasses! Oh Well, it is what it is!

That is if you're Brittany, BulletWithButterflyWings is from Arkansas, home to both Bill Clinton and Mike Huckabee, so by extension Sarah Huckbee Sabders, Donald Trump's soon to be Ex-Press Secretary. AND we ❤ you both oodles, you both brighten Bariatric Pal!

Please excuse my smart-aleck Smartphone, 8t is on a mission to discredit my wording and spelling, in real life I am able to do BOTH,

On 06/24/2019 at 12:06, brittanyatwalsh said:

@Frustr8 what part of ohio? Im near canton

Ladies, I’m in South Dayton/North Cinci

2 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

MALE Bari-pals I do know and honor the pain you must go through with much longer a plumbing route!

LMAO, you crack me up !!! Thankfully, I have never had to have one in my life.

In the Land of 5-9-12 TV stations, the Reds, the Bengals and Football Club Cincinnati? Glad to meet and Greet You! I'm clear up in Central Ohio, in Mount Vernon, I do Bleed Scarlet and Gray, have the t-shirt to prove it so of course my surgery was at OSU. When I got re- hospitalized in late November I told anyone who would listen " I prayed from the time I was 5 for GOD to let me cone to Ohio State. I should have specified the Educational Plant but not the HOSPITAL!" it was still OKAY, my room overlooked Ohio Stadium, yeah I got to watch OSU- Michigan Game, went back and forth from TV to looking at the crowds . And had a good seat ---all things considered! And I am much better, much thinner now!

Thanks BWBW, you're a pretty cool lady Too!❤

9 days post and down another 4 pounds, so 9 lbs total since surgery, A pound a day is pretty dang good in my opinion. I've seen so many say how slow they lose after revision but I would say this is great, especially since I am doing no type of exercise yet. I can only hope it continues. Hope everyone else is doing good. And best wishes to those getting ready to go.

8 hours ago, BulletWithButterflyWings said:

So I managed to go today and it was black so maybe that's a good sign. I told them and my dr said he thinks things are fine but if things get worse to go to my nearest ER. I am so glad you adopted me lol. Your posts always make me smile.

I'm glad your doc isn't worried, and that things are looking up a little! Keep us posted on how you're doing, and my fingers are crossed for you!

So, almost right away after mentioning that I hadn't vomited once... yeah, I think I got ahead of myself. I've thrown up several times now ☹️ I can pretty much account for every instance (consuming too much, etc.), but it's still not pleasant. I have my 2 week follow ups on Wednesday, so I figure I'll mention it, in case there's concern of stricture or anything, but I think it's just me getting a little bit cocky about what I can fit in my new pouch 😝

Probably so, but I'll put in a little prayer for you anyway! Bet you will be just fine and dandy!

12 hours ago, MgbGirl said:

My surgery is tomorrow morning at 7:30 I have to be their at 5:30 did any of you have catheters during this surgery anything I need to do to prepare for tomorrow ?

That's so exciting...I pray that everything goes smoothly :)

12 hours ago, BulletWithButterflyWings said:

So idk about anyone else, I'm on day 5 post op from my bypass and omg my left side hurts so bad. I knew to expect pain because this is a major surgery but I've seen so many people say they didnt hurt very bad. It's so bad. When I get up, when I cough, when I laugh, it pulls and hurts. I've emailed my drs nurse because yesterday I went number 2 and it was all blood. Did anyone else experience any of this?

Other than this though, things have been going great. Been up and moving around some and sipping and resting.

Sometimes if we eat something with red food dye in it, our poop can look like blood. If it is truly blood then you need to get checked out. I'd wait to hear back from Leslie though before heading a primary Dr.

I'm so sorry that you're still in pain :57_cry: