Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 6/21/2019 at 1:22 PM, Batty2000 said:

I originally was only taking two weeks, but I just called and added a third. I'm feeling better but my abdominal muscles are just so achy. Can't imagine sitting at a desk yet.

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm anticipating 3 weeks but i'm not sure that my Dr will go along with that(I see him on the 8th). I work on my feet in a hospital wrestling patients so i'm worried about pulling something before it's healed well.

I had some pureed chicken mixed with refried Beans today. I could barely eat any of it but it was good

Hi, everyone! :)

Hope all of you are well and doing great after your surgery, or you are all ready for your big day!

Just a quick update on me, in case anyone wants to see what a few weeks out may/can look like.

I will be 4 weeks out of my RNY on Monday. I think I am finally starting to feel more like myself again. I am feeling like I have a bit of a bariatric routine going for Vitamins, food, and Water so it isn't quite taking over so much of my daily focus and I am starting to feel more energy, too.

I am able to eat some soft chicken, fish and shimp now without trouble. (I weigh each "meal" out with a scale, about an ounce worth or less, and log it down.) I have a calorie limit of 300 calories this week, which bumps up to 400 next week. I have never felt nauseous, but I only eat till I feel any pressure at all and stop. For those on only liquids still, hang on! It does get sooo much better with just a little bit of real food.

I have been just meeting the low end of my 60-80 grams a day Protein goal- though I think it will be easier with a few more calories to use, if I need them. So far I have still needed a whey Protein Shake to meet my daily protein goal. UGH!!! Good Lord, if I never, ever taste another whey shake again that would be great... I am SOOO over those puppies. I feel like I can taste that stuff all the time. GROSS!!!

Honestly, the hardest thing for me is getting that 64 ounces of water in daily! I am full for so long after eating, I think I just don't want to drink even. I am doing better everyday though.

Wishing each of you the best in your journey and looking forward to reading more about everyones great progress !!! 💙

On 06/21/2019 at 03:15, ARMoma45 said:

Dang, that's pretty scary...probably orthostatic hypotension. I hope things go smoothly for you from now on :)

Yes things have been going a lot better

On 06/22/2019 at 21:19, FluffySaysForkIt! said:

Hi, everyone! :)

Hope all of you are well and doing great after your surgery, or you are all ready for your big day!

Just a quick update on me, in case anyone wants to see what a few weeks out may/can look like.

I will be 4 weeks out of my RNY on Monday. I think I am finally starting to feel more like myself again. I am feeling like I have a bit of a bariatric routine going for Vitamins, food, and Water so it isn't quite taking over so much of my daily focus and I am starting to feel more energy, too.

I am able to eat some soft chicken, fish and shimp now without trouble. (I weigh each "meal" out with a scale, about an ounce worth or less, and log it down.) I have a calorie limit of 300 calories this week, which bumps up to 400 next week. I have never felt nauseous, but I only eat till I feel any pressure at all and stop. For those on only liquids still, hang on! It does get sooo much better with just a little bit of real food.< br />

I have been just meeting the low end of my 60-80 grams a day Protein goal- though I think it will be easier with a few more calories to use, if I need them. So far I have still needed a whey Protein Shake to meet my daily Protein goal. UGH!!! Good Lord, if I never, ever taste another whey shake again that would be great... I am SOOO over those puppies. I feel like I can taste that stuff all the time. GROSS!!!

Honestly, the hardest thing for me is getting that 64 ounces of Water in daily! I am full for so long after eating, I think I just don't want to drink even. I am doing better everyday though.

Wishing each of you the best in your journey and looking forward to reading more about everyones great progress !!! 💙

Fluff, I second everything you said. I’m starting week 4, am free to eat anything fork Mashable, and feel so much better/normal/healthy than I did 2 weeks ago👍🏼and same on the shakes🤮

My surgery is tomorrow morning at 7:30 I have to be their at 5:30 did any of you have catheters during this surgery anything I need to do to prepare for tomorrow ?

So idk about anyone else, I'm on day 5 post op from my bypass and omg my left side hurts so bad. I knew to expect pain because this is a major surgery but I've seen so many people say they didnt hurt very bad. It's so bad. When I get up, when I cough, when I laugh, it pulls and hurts. I've emailed my drs nurse because yesterday I went number 2 and it was all blood. Did anyone else experience any of this?

Other than this though, things have been going great. Been up and moving around some and sipping and resting.

Just now, MgbGirl said:

My surgery is tomorrow morning at 7:30 I have to be their at 5:30 did any of you have catheters during this surgery anything I need to do to prepare for tomorrow ?

Yay!!!!! I didn't have a catheter. They said since it's such a short surgery that I wouldnt need one but I have seen a few of our group that did need them. I asked my nurses as soon as they took me back to prep me.

The blood doesn’t sound normal have you called them about that ? And thank you how long was your surgery

10 minutes ago, MgbGirl said:

Shave.......... I didn't shave before surgery and I'm wishing I did now! Lol 7 days post op and I finally shaved my legs today. Shaving my right leg was harder than my left because of the bending on my stomach.

Nor did I, my surgeon only made me promise to void just before I was transported to the OR, I kept my promise and he kept his! Didn't have bladder spasms or lower pelvic pain like I did after knee replacements, even with them removing the Foley cath the same calender day. Its a tender area to have tubing introduced intom, even for us Females. MALE Bari-pals I do know and honor the pain you must go through with much longer a plumbing route!

11 minutes ago, BulletWithButterflyWings said:

So idk about anyone else, I'm on day 5 post op from my bypass and omg my left side hurts so bad. I knew to expect pain because this is a major surgery but I've seen so many people say they didnt hurt very bad. It's so bad. When I get up, when I cough, when I laugh, it pulls and hurts. I've emailed my drs nurse because yesterday I went number 2 and it was all blood. Did anyone else experience any of this?

Other than this though, things have been going great. Been up and moving around some and sipping and resting.

Call your team. Do you have a temperature? What is your heart rate? Any nausea?

2 minutes ago, brittanyatwalsh said:

Call your team. Do you have a temperature? What is your heart rate? Any nausea?

Not a whole lot of nausea. I havent noticed a temp either. As for my heart rate it's a little faster than normal but not much. I called the emergency dr exchange last night and my surgeon happened to be the one on call and said this sometimes happens but to email or call the office today to update them.

You could have a small amount of blood pist- surgery but it should be well- digested down towards black and tarry, if it is bright flaming red, a cause for concern, bring your bariatric team back into the loop. For at least 6 weeks, you are legally Their Baby! Let them know, please? You are important, you do matter, I'm a grandma twice over, if you were mine I WOULD WORRY- shoot I would frog- March you into the office and Great- Grandma Frustr8 would get some action, even if you sat silent. I fight for and protect My Own and I done adopted YOU!