Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m staring to get paranoid because everyone else is throwing up and can’t eat and I’m plugging along and while I am eating very little for me personally, I still feel like it’s more than I should be compared to the rest of you all. Last night I had almost a half cup of shredded chicken and green Beans for dinner no issues🤷🏼‍♀️ did they actually sleeve me or just fix my hernia? I’m starting to wonder but I feel super full like up to my throat from 3 ounces of chicken so I guess so...lol
I'm not having any food issues either. You have company! Just finished a little tuna salad for lunch.< br>
Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

✍️ Heading to my SAC appointment! I can’t believe Surgery is Monday!!😍

565FB07A-F4D9-4E6C-B286-A2D8D5BC2CFA.jpeg

E420FEFF-7686-4942-9308-C593D67C015D.jpeg

Hi! Just checking in. It's great to read all of your stories. Congrats and hugs to all who have already been and best wishes to all those who are still to go!

I had my surgery a week ago and it all went great. The first night was pretty painful (gas, left shoulder mainly) but the gas pain was gone in about 18hrs. Was a little sore on my tummy the next day but have felt great since. None of the pain was anywhere near as bad as I had thought it would be.

I was up and walking almost as soon as I was awake. I needed to get to a toilet! Walking really seemed to help with the pain, so I stayed as active as I could be.

I've read a lot of posts and #1s and #2s. #1s were happening as soon as I was awake in icu and have been normal ever since. #2s started after my leak test (barium swallow xray) about 18hrs after the surgery and I've been regular ever since.

I felt a little nausea the first night but wasn't sick and it soon passed.

I'm on full liquids and not having any problems with any of the food or Water I've tried so far. I'm sticking to the diet plan I was given and still have another week and a bit before puree stage. I have noticed that my tastes have changed (for the better). I seem more sensitive to sweet and salty flavours. I haven't felt any hunger (real or imaginary) at all.

Finally and perhaps most excitingly, I've lost 10.5kg (just over 23 pounds) since surgery!

So far, I simply couldn't be happier! ☺

Edited by Deedeeleeme
Spelling

1 hour ago, djgirl19 said:

I’m staring to get paranoid because everyone else is throwing up and can’t eat and I’m plugging along and while I am eating very little for me personally, I still feel like it’s more than I should be compared to the rest of you all. Last night I had almost a half cup of shredded chicken and green Beans for dinner no issues🤷🏼‍♀️ did they actually sleeve me or just fix my hernia? I’m starting to wonder😆 but I feel super full like up to my throat from 3 ounces of chicken so I guess so...lol

I can barely eat but I've hit the three week stall and am not losing weight either. half a scrambled egg fills me up

1 hour ago, djgirl19 said:

I’m staring to get paranoid because everyone else is throwing up and can’t eat and I’m plugging along and while I am eating very little for me personally, I still feel like it’s more than I should be compared to the rest of you all. Last night I had almost a half cup of shredded chicken and green Beans for dinner no issues🤷🏼‍♀️ did they actually sleeve me or just fix my hernia? I’m starting to wonder😆 but I feel super full like up to my throat from 3 ounces of chicken so I guess so...lol

YUM!!!!! 2 more days of liquid until I can move to puree............ My mouth is watering thinking of shredded chicken and green beans!!!!!!!!!!!

@Caltania and Batty2000, I am glad I’m not the only one. I am starting to feel a little mental like what did this surgery do for me? And I’m reading about all the people who have gained weight back and thinking what if that’s so common because this really doesn’t help nearly as much as I expected. I feel like the “not cheating and eating only healthy things that I was told to eat” is all me and has nothing to do with my stomach or surgery so I’m just feeling scared that if I am not having problems eating now, will this really help when I make a poor decision here and there?

I have pushed ahead a little too because we go right from liquid to soft food. We’re supposed to wait to add soft veggies until we hit our Protein but I’ve hit it every day since I went into foods. I also haven’t had a Protein Shake since. That’s probably my motivation LMAO!!!
Today I cheated and ate a couple tiny bites of kale. Like smaller than a dime and chewed the crap out of them, but no issue. I have a gut of steel, I guess.

On 06/21/2019 at 03:15, ARMoma45 said:

Dang, that's pretty scary...probably orthostatic hypotension. I hope things go smoothly for you from now on :)

I don’t know what it is called but I don’t want it to happen again so I truly hope that’s it.. Yes things are better

On 6/17/2019 at 1:29 AM, ARMoma45 said:

Just remember that there's no use in stressing out over something you can't change. The additional stress is probably making your body drama even worse. I know it's easier said than done, but try your best to stay calm and just roll with whatever happens :)

Thank you, going for a biopsy on the 27th and my pre-op Appt on the same day. So, hopefully my answers will be rolling in.

6 hours ago, Batty2000 said:

I originally was only taking two weeks, but I just called and added a third. I'm feeling better but my abdominal muscles are just so achy. Can't imagine sitting at a desk yet.

Back to work for me today. Mostly just sitting in my pickup but every couple hours have to go climb into my crane to make a lift. I'm really wishing I could have afforded to take another week or two. My abs feel like I just did a few hundred sit ups. ☹

Hey ladies and gents

I’m trying to get together my stuff for the surgery next Friday. What things should I pack in my overnight bag?
Phone charger, bathrobe, lip balm/chapstick for sure. I also brought my laptop so I could stream Netflix. I had to bring the program book for reviewing with the nutritionist before going home.

Back to work for me today. Mostly just sitting in my pickup but every couple hours have to go climb into my crane to make a lift. I'm really wishing I could have afforded to take another week or two. My abs feel like I just did a few hundred sit ups.
Dang. Hope you are trying to take it easy when you can. I hear you on the abs -- it's killer.

I used to think I had no abdominal muscles left, then Surgery, Surprise They were still there and somewhat peeved at what i,put them through! Yeah the set-up analogy is good but I felt like I had been attached to an industrial robot and He Flexxed me past normal human endurance especially when attempting getting up and lying down. Yee-ouch!!!

20 hours ago, KareBear714 said:

Hey ladies and gents

I’m trying to get together my stuff for the surgery next Friday. What things should I pack in my overnight bag?

I used my biotene and chap stick like crazy. My hospital also did not supply Shampoo, conditioner, or soap so I was so thankful that i packed my little travel size bottles i got at Walmart. I also used my deodorant. I only brought a little backpack and my CPAP (which my hospital forgot to use). I also brought my portable charger and charger cord. Super helpful since hospital plug ins are usually a hassle.