Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

32 minutes ago, talithaf said:

Reading everyone's journey as been super encouraging!

Still waiting for final confirmation of my surgery date, but the pre-lim is June 26th. Excited and of course nervous all at the same time.

Welcome love!! Which surgery are you having?

13 minutes ago, BulletWithButterflyWings said:

Welcome love!! Which surgery are you having?

I'm having the gastric sleeve done

TGIF Funky June Bunch,

Day 5 of the liquid diet…………

I made it through yet another day of Protein Shakes and Water.< /strong>

But I must be honest, I know I am suppose to have 3 -4 shakes a day but yesterday……

I just couldn’t stomach yet ANOTHER shake. Some Soup would be nice but my doctor said only Protein shakes and water for the first 6 days of the pre-op diet. Whoever said variety is the spice of life, they were not KIDDING!!!

I’ve been frantically getting my house in order. Cleaning up so I won’t have to worry about that and stocking up on some much needed supplies. Riley (a.k.a. The pug) will be placed in the kennel for a few days. I am bummed out about that…….. I keep telling myself it’s just for a few days.

The hospital called and my arrival time is 10:30 am June 3rd. Folks IT’S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Riley and I went for an extra long walk, yesterday. Need to get a couple of extra walks in before June 3rd.

Well, I jumped on the scale again this morning and low and behold the scale came in at 217!!!!!!!!

I couldn’t believe it but when you are reduced to protein shakes, water and walking 10K steps a day. Then threw in walking atleast 4 – 6 miles, I guess it will pay off in the end.

June Bunch!!!!! It can be done………….Keep The Faith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys! I went to the hospital this morning for type match testing and while I was there they got me registered. So I’m wearing a hospital Bracelet until Tuesday!🤦🏾‍♀️ This liver shrinking diet has me so sleepy. I don’t want to see another shake for a long time.

1 hour ago, Ashes22 said:

Hi guys! I went to the hospital this morning for type match testing and while I was there they got me registered. So I’m wearing a hospital Bracelet until Tuesday!🤦🏾‍♀️ This liver shrinking diet has me so sleepy. I don’t want to see another shake for a long time.

Ashes,

I am with you on the Protein Shakes. If a girl could get some Soup, it would be so much more tolerable (sigh)😞

Hi guys,
I officially started this journey on March 12, 2019 & as of yesterday, I am scheduled for RNY on June 18th. Super excited as I considered it for almost 2 years & no matter how much I tried to lose weight on my own, I was never really successful. With this tool, I feel like I can get back healthy & strong for the first time in a LONG time. I’m only 30 & my doctor put the fear of God in me when I was put on HBP meds at this age & told me I was pre-diabetic. I cried and called my mom because I saw the effects of these things on my parents and grandparents.
Anywho, I’m excited, super anxious & nervous!

6 minutes ago, Rozay said:

Hi guys,
I officially started this journey on March 12, 2019 & as of yesterday, I am scheduled for RNY on June 18th. Super excited as I considered it for almost 2 years & no matter how much I tried to lose weight on my own, I was never really successful. With this tool, I feel like I can get back healthy & strong for the first time in a LONG time. I’m only 30 & my doctor put the fear of God in me when I was put on HBP meds at this age & told me I was pre-diabetic. I cried and called my mom because I saw the effects of these things on my parents and grandparents.
Anywho, I’m excited, super anxious & nervous!

I totally understand your journey, surgery has been something thats been brought up over the past almost 4 years for myself as I continually had issues losing and keeping weight off...

I was diagnosed pre-diabetic at 15 and have arthritis so this chance to get my overall health better is super exciting!

I've only lost 3 pounds since the beginning of the pre op diet 5/20. So frustrating.

On 5/31/2019 at 12:50 PM, Purpledva said:

TGIF Funky June Bunch,

Day 5 of the liquid diet…………

I made it through yet another day of Protein Shakes and Water.< /strong>

But I must be honest, I know I am suppose to have 3 -4 shakes a day but yesterday……

I just couldn’t stomach yet ANOTHER shake. Some Soup would be nice but my doctor said only Protein shakes and Water for the first 6 days of the pre-op diet. Whoever said variety is the spice of life, they were not KIDDING!!!

I’ve been frantically getting my house in order. Cleaning up so I won’t have to worry about that and stocking up on some much needed supplies. Riley (a.k.a. The pug) will be placed in the kennel for a few days. I am bummed out about that…….. I keep telling myself it’s just for a few days.

The hospital called and my arrival time is 10:30 am June 3rd. Folks IT’S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Riley and I went for an extra long walk, yesterday. Need to get a couple of extra walks in before June 3rd.

Well, I jumped on the scale again this morning and low and behold the scale came in at 217!!!!!!!!

I couldn’t believe it but when you are reduced to Protein Shakes, water and walking 10K steps a day. Then threw in walking atleast 4 – 6 miles, I guess it will pay off in the end.

June Bunch!!!!! It can be done………….Keep The Faith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is extremely encouraging. I am set for June 14th for surgery and I am day 2 of liquid diet and I am super weak. But This post makes me want to push through.

Saturday is here Funky JuneBunch,
It is June 1st…..
Day 6 of the liquid diet….Tomorrow is another milestone……..
I don’t know about anyone else but the shakes are now becoming a bit too sweet for me.
I will have graduated to the Clear Diet phase. I am so looking forward to this.
I can have coffee and broths….. I am an excellent cook/baker and I am getting excited about broths? Go figure. You don’t know how much this means to me…….
I didn’t sleep much last night. I guess I am just anxious with everything going on Monday.
When I finally got my surgery date, it STILL seemed like a million years away and now….It’s finally here.
My family and friends are staying clear of me this weekend. And I wanted it that way. The talk of getting together and going out for a bit to eat or going to the movies…………I just can’t do it right now.
I got on the scale this morning and clocked in still at 217. I am so pleased. Hopefully, with surgery they say you could potentially lose 40%? Oh Jimminy Cricket!!!!!!!!! I won’t know what to do with myself.
Anywho, JuneBunch keep the faith, if I can forgo a week a delectable cuisine, anyone can. This phase/state is just temporary. We have those lovely before and after pictures to pursue.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Saturday is here Funky JuneBunch,
It is June 1st…..
Day 6 of the liquid diet….Tomorrow is another milestone……..
I don’t know about anyone else but the shakes are now becoming a bit too sweet for me.
I will have graduated to the Clear Diet phase. I am so looking forward to this.
I can have coffee and broths….. I am an excellent cook/baker and I am getting excited about broths? Go figure. You don’t know how much this means to me…….
I didn’t sleep much last night. I guess I am just anxious with everything going on Monday.
When I finally got my surgery date, it STILL seemed like a million years away and now….It’s finally here.
My family and friends are staying clear of me this weekend. And I wanted it that way. The talk of getting together and going out for a bit to eat or going to the movies…………I just can’t do it right now.
I got on the scale this morning and clocked in still at 217. I am so pleased. Hopefully, with surgery they say you could potentially lose 40%? Oh Jimminy Cricket!!!!!!!!! I won’t know what to do with myself.
Anywho, JuneBunch keep the faith, if I can forgo a week a delectable cuisine, anyone can. This phase/state is just temporary. We have those lovely before and after pictures to pursue.

Hi June Group, I'm day 6 on liquids only. Strangely go from feeling empowered and have such clarity and feeling episodes of sheer excitement that Surgery day is coming June 11th ... to then feeling nervous and scrambling to think have I got my post OP food plan in place. To then thinking it's all one day at a time. How do you access pics pre and post OP?

Sent from my SM-G950F using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, Patsydarling said:

Hi June Group, I'm day 6 on liquids only. Strangely go from feeling empowered and have such clarity and feeling episodes of sheer excitement that Surgery day is coming June 11th ... to then feeling nervous and scrambling to think have I got my post OP food plan in place. To then thinking it's all one day at a time. How do you access pics pre and post OP?

Sent from my SM-G950F using BariatricPal mobile app

If you are wanting to see other people's pics, there are a couple of forums that have "Before and After Pics" sub topics. If I remember right there are some in The Lounge. If you are wanting to post some, I'm not sure it can be done on the mobile app but I know it can be done on a PC since I have uploaded some myself.

What's up all you June misfits??? It is officially our month finally. It is also the first official day of my pre-op liquid diet, even though I started on 5/15 and as of this morning am down 11 lbs. WooHoo. Wishing a warm welcome to all of our newbies that have joined in the last couple of weeks.

I know a lot of people get nervous as their date gets closer but I am actually anxious as hell. It's like the days are going by sooooo slooowww. I am so ready to be sliced and diced.....for the second time. Just hoping and praying that it will be done right this time.

Anyway, best wishes to all getting ready for surgery this month and on the journey afterwards to a new and healthy life.

What's up all you June misfits??? It is officially our month finally. It is also the first official day of my pre-op liquid diet, even though I started on 5/15 and as of this morning am down 11 lbs. WooHoo. Wishing a warm welcome to all of our newbies that have joined in the last couple of weeks.
I know a lot of people get nervous as their date gets closer but I am actually anxious as hell. It's like the days are going by sooooo slooowww. I am so ready to be sliced and diced.....for the second time. Just hoping and praying that it will be done right this time.
Anyway, best wishes to all getting ready for surgery this month and on the journey afterwards to a new and healthy life.
JamesL73,
I am glad you are coming along for the ride. Your bio speaks so eloquently [emoji4] about your triumphs and struggles in the WLS journey. By this time next week, I will be recuperating. I am still a bit nervous but anxious to crossover to the Post-Op side[emoji16]. We CAN do this!!!!