Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

21 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

Love the rose quartz stone, one of my all-time favorites. Welcome Alice, this is a great place to meet people who are on similar journeys. And there are many still active that are veterans of VSG or Gastric bypass like me. If you have any questions as time goes by, please feel free to ask. I have learned so much from those ahead of me and love sharing information with the " Newbies" like you. And when your surgery is completed be sure to update us, we will be happy to Celebrate with YOU!😝

You're always so amazing and uplifting to everyone. I really love that. I love the life you are full of. Its wonderful to meet such a beautiful soul such as yourself.

Danke Leibling, I enjoy your posts as well. May you fly straight and true towards your Surgery and beyond!

Y'all, i'm trying my best to keep up but dang this thread is busy lol.

Happy Tuesday JuneBunch,

Well today is Day 2 of liquid diet. I am so proud of myself..... I haven't climbed the walls, yet.

I am going to try and get my hands on a few Premier shakes (flavor caramel). I am thinking mixing the caramel with the chocolate could be something AMAZING!!!

I noticed towards the end of the day, I was suffering from dry mouth but that is the least of my worries.

I meet with the anesthesiology dept this morning to go over do's and don'ts for the new few days.

JuneBunch, if I can do this (well it's still just 2 days in), then you all can do it too. (See how I threw that pep talk in there?)😆

2 hours ago, Purpledva said:

Happy Tuesday JuneBunch,

Well today is Day 2 of liquid diet. I am so proud of myself..... I haven't climbed the walls, yet.

I am going to try and get my hands on a few Premier shakes (flavor caramel). I am thinking mixing the caramel with the chocolate could be something AMAZING!!!

I noticed towards the end of the day, I was suffering from dry mouth but that is the least of my worries.

I meet with the anesthesiology dept this morning to go over do's and don'ts for the new few days.

JuneBunch, if I can do this (well it's still just 2 days in), then you all can do it too. (See how I threw that pep talk in there?)😆

Girl I am so happy you're not suffering through it. I can only imagine how hard it is. I'm supposed to officially start my liquid diet next Wednesday.

9 hours ago, ARMoma45 said:

Y'all, i'm trying my best to keep up but dang this thread is busy lol.

Yes it is. I can't even keep up lol

Quick update! I was getting really frustrated with all the "last suppering" I was doing, and also with friends who wanted to eat with me one last time before my life changes... so I pretty much started the liquid diet on Saturday rather than today. I've stuck to it pretty faithfully except for one small bit of cheese last night to satiate some ravenousness. It's been going pretty well so far all things considered. I've dodged some of the worse "keto flu" symptoms... mostly I've been pretty spaced out, and dealing with mildly fitful sleep and a bit of nausea. I feel like I'm over the hurdle today, but we'll see - there's still a lot of day left to get through!

Welcome to all the new folks, and keep up the awesome work all of you lovelies! I'm rooting for you all!

I’m 7 Days from my surgery. I’m so excited little scared but ready to get my life back. Prayers please I’ve got COPD plus the weight. I’ll keep y’all updated June 3rd here I come

Had my final tests and class before surgery today. Now I wait for my call Monday night to tell me when my surgery is on Tuesday. Can’t believe I made it here. This time next week I will have a new belly.

It’s exciting to hear about all of you with upcoming surgeries. I’m glad mine is happening soon. I had a meltdown last night because I was in so much pain from my hip. Somedays, every step is excruciating. I have to lose 80 pounds before I can get hip replacement. I am so ready to get going with my post surgery self. I started my pre-op diet today-no carbs, no sweets, no fruit for 13 more days. I’ll be praying for all of you June surgery folks. Please do the same for me. I know this will be tough, but I am ready.

2 minutes ago, Ready610 said:

It’s exciting to hear about all of you with upcoming surgeries. I’m glad mine is happening soon. I had a meltdown last night because I was in so much pain from my hip. Somedays, every step is excruciating. I have to lose 80 pounds before I can get hip replacement. I am so ready to get going with my post surgery self. I started my pre-op diet today-no carbs, no sweets, no fruit for 13 more days. I’ll be praying for all of you June surgery folks. Please do the same for me. I know this will be tough, but I am ready.

Yes I had to have my Bariatric Surgery I have uterine cancer and I’ve got to lose 75 to 100 pounds so I can have my hysterectomy. I’m sorry you suffer in pain. I’ll be praying for you.

Tomorrow I'm starting 5 days of just liquid before surgery. Today I had a Protein Bar but otherwise liquids all day.

Had my pre op phone call with the anesthesia department today as well