Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 hours ago, BulletWithButterflyWings said:

So is anyone else freaking out? Each day that gets closer and closer I get more and more terrified. I know this is what I want but my mind is trying to psych me out.

Weirdly, I am more and more calm as the 3rd approaches.....

(Subject to change, no doubt!!!!!)

I dunno, I think I have just settled into the idea that this is what I have to do and that I have done as much pre-work as I can at this point. The rest will take care of itself, one way or the other.

I am actually most afraid of conquering trials as time goes on, years down the road. I have to trust that I will be ready to do the hard work then too, I guess.

All that said,

I could be calm as F*^K cause I am drinking 400 calories a day now too. My fear cells have probably just starved... :lol:

Alright June gang... so June 4th is the date... 09:45 is the time!! Unless you count the 2 hours prior I need to be at the hospital. So we'll say 07:45!! Woo Hoo!! Super excited... super anxious. Worried I won't be prepared post-op with the things I need. Start my pre-op diet today of 3 high Protein Shakes a day with a sprinkle of fruits and veggies and assorted Clear Liquids. So far so good but that's because I've got enough to do to keep me distracted. And as odd as it sounds, I have 5 days of work left, 1 is a 16 hour day and 2 are 12 hour days and I'm actually thankful for that.

I'm going through ups and downs where I get super nervous about the changes I'm going to be making, how they affect me and the people around me and then I get excited and giddy about feeling and seeing the outcome of those changes but then I slide down again and get physically anxious. It's such a roller coaster and I'm along for the ride "In it to Win it (or lose it actually)"

9 hours ago, Ohcinders said:

I am very lucky -- I only have to do a one day liquid diet, so that will be on Sunday, June 2nd :)

Ohcinders,

Rub it in why don't you.....🤣

You only have to do a one day liquid diet? Sigh..............

My clear liquid diet will be also on June 2. My Protein liquid diet will be the entire week before.

Well to look on the bright side, I will be able to enjoy the Memorial Weekend and cookout.

But when Monday hits.................It's no more Purpledva but Premier Protein shake Diva😔

Ohcinders,
Rub it in why don't you.....🤣
You only have to do a one day liquid diet? Sigh..............
My clear liquid diet will be also on June 2. My Protein liquid diet will be the entire week before.
Well to look on the bright side, I will be able to enjoy the Memorial Weekend and cookout.
But when Monday hits.................It's no more Purpledva but Premier Protein shake Diva
I'm thinking you will be more prepared than me for the liquid phase after surgery though. Honestly

Sent from my LM-G710VM using BariatricPal mobile app

6 hours ago, BulletWithButterflyWings said:

So is anyone else freaking out? Each day that gets closer and closer I get more and more terrified. I know this is what I want but my mind is trying to psych me out.

Bullet,

I am questioning myself everyday. Often dreamed of having this surgery but now since all of my ducks in a row.

I read the boards with people's comments, suggestions......... It can be a bit much but when I see some of the before and after pictures of some of these people....then count me in. I am also doing this for myself because if I don't......then I will probably have some serious health issues come down the road...........Like with anything that brings about change...it can be scary at times. But I also have so much vested right now. I ordered My Vitamin Patches and they arrived yesterday. I am also going to order some more Protein Shakes. I want to actually try the Protein Soup they sell on the Bariatricpal website. So to answer your question.....Yes, I am scared.......scared as hell but I CAN and WILL get through this.

Some of the flavors are really tasty,some aren't, that's the way many things in life are, I believe I liked the Cream of Mushroom the best. A little watery but remember I was raised on 4%milk and real butter, my aunts. cooked like a threshing crew might be happening by, always enough a stranger could be fed, one Aunt always set a place for Jesus, the fact he never quite showed up didn't deter her.

Has anyone tried the Bariatricpal Decaf coffee drink? I miss coffee right now.

It's been a few days since I've poked my head in - I've been doing some "last suppering", which I'm not too proud of, but it's not stopping me from doing what I need to do - I've got this! I'm supposed to start my two week liquid diet formally on Tuesday, but since I have a fairly chill weekend ahead of me, I think I may largely start doing it tomorrow. I've picked up a wide variety of shake varieties, so I'm not too worried about getting bored any time soon. Surgery date is still set for June 11th... Really looking forward to the next chapter in my life!

Keep up the good work, lovelies!

Update - Still do not have medical clearance for surgery. On a possitive note a hematologist reviewed my blood work and does NOT think luchemia is a worry. I am on a high power antibiotic to kill whatever is causing my high white blood count then we will test again at end of the month. So no June surgery for me. I hope all of you have success on your liquid diets and surgery. I hope to be joining you soon.

New_Me 2019

Hey! I’m Kearston. I’m 33, no kids yet! Single and awkwardly living with my ex lol. I have mild sleep apnea and I hate using my cpap. I’m currently at 300lbs and I have PCOS so I struggle to lose even 5lbs. My surgery is scheduled for June 28th and I’m super excited. More for the 5 week break from work I’m taking lol but the surgery is good too.

Hey! I’m Kearston. I’m 33, no kids yet! Single and awkwardly living with my ex lol. I have mild sleep apnea and I hate using my cpap. I’m currently at 300lbs and I have PCOS so I struggle to lose even 5lbs. My surgery is scheduled for June 28th and I’m super excited. More for the 5 week break from work I’m taking lol but the surgery is good too.
Welcome!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using BariatricPal mobile app

7 hours ago, New_Me2019 said:

Update - Still do not have medical clearance for surgery. On a possitive note a hematologist reviewed my blood work and does NOT think luchemia is a worry. I am on a high power antibiotic to kill whatever is causing my high white blood count then we will test again at end of the month. So no June surgery for me. I hope all of you have success on your liquid diets and surgery. I hope to be joining you soon.

New_Me 2019

I am glad you got good news from the hemotologist! That is great!!!!! Here's to that antibiotic getting you to the all clear soon. 🍸

And you will still be an honorary June Surgery member no matter what your date... :) Keep on keeping on!

44 minutes ago, KareBear714 said:

Hi Kearston!

Glad you are here!

55 minutes ago, KareBear714 said:

Welcome lovely!! I hate using my CPAP too. It makes me nuts. Welcome to our wonderful dysfunctional little forum family.