Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 hours ago, Janet G Burch said:

June 17th! Cleared and ready. Only 2 more medical visits and pre-op labs. Whee, what a wild ride! Nerves are now on edge, but I’m looking toward my better future.

Welcome Janet, and congrats, that's such good news! You're just a few days after me - I'm June 11th 😄

You've got this! And you're in really good hands with this group, too!

10 hours ago, New_Me2019 said:

Quick update. Surgery on HOLD. Dr. looking for cause of high white blood counts. Baratric signed off, PCP says no go. CT scan and referral to blood doc. Very disappointed and worry about what they will find.

New_Me 2019

Oh NO!!!! New_Me,

Hopefully everything will work out. I am praying that this is just something minor.

Hematologists are smart people, may they find out you're recovering from a minor- league infection and things will still continue going forward!

11 hours ago, New_Me2019 said:

Quick update. Surgery on HOLD. Dr. looking for cause of high white blood counts. Baratric signed off, PCP says no go. CT scan and referral to blood doc. Very disappointed and worry about what they will find.

New_Me 2019

I am sorry, I am sure that is really tough emotionally on a couple of levels.

You are going to come through this, whatever comes your way, and when you do you will go into your surgery knowing all is well. Both body and mind will be clear and you will be ready for all the good things coming your way. Hang tough, you moved a few mountains to get this far, climb this last peak. You deserve to enjoy the view!

Know that you are in my thoughts and keep us posted. 💙

7 hours ago, ARMoma45 said:

Just think of it as a birthday present to yourself...a brand new you :)

That's true to😃

The increased white blood cells could just be from an infection. That's the bodies' response to infection or what it perceives to be foreign. This is all to make sure that you are as healthy as you can be going into surgery.
Think Happy Thoughts [emoji4]
I am. Today we did a CT of sinus, Monday we did an ultrasound of ovaries, my colonoscopy and endoscopy look good, so did my lung eray. Oh yeah, next week they are doing a mamogram. So I will have had whole body scanned! Hopefully they will pinpoint the problem soon. Thank you for all the encouragement.

New_Me 2019

05/16/2019 04:07 PM, Caltania said

I hope you can get an earlier date if you want one - if you're anything like me, you're rather eager to have this done and be moving on with life! 🙂

I am super in need of getting this done! I have to fly to AL in August for my doctorate program, and I just want to be fully recovered before... so I’m going for a little earlier. I am a nurse so I won’t be going back to work for 6 weeks.

7 hours ago, New_Me2019 said:

I am. Today we did a CT of sinus, Monday we did an ultrasound of ovaries, my colonoscopy and endoscopy look good, so did my lung eray. Oh yeah, next week they are doing a mamogram. So I will have had whole body scanned! Hopefully they will pinpoint the problem soon. Thank you for all the encouragement.

New_Me 2019

That's good. You'll be good to go before you know it 😀

Hi there! I’m Ashlay. 38 years old until Wednesday and have one daughter. I originally started my journey in 2017 and got to the end of the process to learn my insurance had an exclusion. I no longer have that insurance and am scheduled for my fully covered duodenal switch on June 4th.

22 minutes ago, Ashes22 said:

Hi there! I’m Ashlay. 38 years old until Wednesday and have one daughter. I originally started my journey in 2017 and got to the end of the process to learn my insurance had an exclusion. I no longer have that insurance and am scheduled for my fully covered duodenal switch on June 4th.

Like you, I started years ago (2015), got to the end of process, and got denied by my insurance. I started in another district in January 2019 and immediately began the wls process when I found out I had coverage with my new insurance.

Im scheduled for RNY either June 26 or July 2. I'm a 42 year old high school teacher, so I'll be spending my summer break recovering/ enjoying my new life.

I don't have a required pre op diet but I figured I better start one with my surgery being two weeks away from Monday. It's been hard. My PCP gave me a phentermine prescription but I don't think I should be taking it with surgery so close.

I'd been replacing one meal with a shake for a few weeks. Yesterday I started replacing two meals.I am hoping it gets easier but I had a headache by the end of the day.

wow....this is like being in a huge family of nothing but sisters. But thats cool, I always wanted sisters anyway, I only had one miserable, drug addicted, brother who has caused nothing but pain to our family. ANYWAY.....
I went to Sams and bout about 300 dollars worth of Premier shakes and the Clear drinks, which taste ok but leave you with a very dry mouth so I really do not care for the Premier Clear Protein Drinks. Too bad I bout 5 cases. LOL
Surgery is 6/15 and I am only supposed to do a 2 week pre-op liquid diet but I have been trying my best to start it early. I have been doing ok but I find myself getting bored at night, especially since being laid off my job a couple nights ago. So I have been slipping in a meal or two of regular food. Still somewhat healthy and has Protein, like hamburger patties and sausage. Boredom is one of my worst enemies when it comes to eating. I have got to find something to occupy my time, something that won't cost money since I am jobless now.
I am also have a hard time weaning myself off the alcohol. I wouldn't call myself an alcoholic, but the last year os so I have found that a couple or a few glasses of Crown Royal or Vodka help me to fall asleep. I don't ever get hangovers and something tells me it is safer than taking sleeping pills (which never worked for me in the past anyway). But, I do know that I need to stop drinking soon and at least until a couple months post op, and even then, only vodka.
Anyway, Just figured I would jump on here and babble a bit rather that go look for food. LOL
I know some of you are starting Instagrams for this journey, If anyone is interested, I have one that is mostly of st journey with my VSG. I haven't posted in a while since gaining back a bunch of weight but I will probably start again with this upcoming revision. Feel free to follow me at JamesL_1973 and I will follow back. Look through my followers, there are a LOT of very inspiring people in there.
Sorry about the job, James. Being laid off sucks. Hang in there!

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

So I didnt see a June thread and wanted to make one so we could all stay accountable and have a lot of good and bad experiences together!!! Introducing myself: My name is Kassandra, I am 27 years young, I have 3 great kids, a wonderful hubby, and 3 great cats. I'm a type 2 diabetic & have sleep apnea. I decided to do this to take my life back. I'm 5 ft 2 and 258 lbs. I had planned for the sleeve but my insurance won't cover it right now so RNY it is!

*also posted on bypass board*
Hey Kassandra,
My name is Michelle and I'm 45 yrs old with 2 awesome sons and 2 totally amazing daughters. I've been fighting with obesity all my life and now that my lower back (L4 &L5) is completely shot and I have sleep apnea life has gotten more difficult. I'm the biggest I've ever been and am in total pain all day every day. People really try and tell me different ways to workout or go with them to their gym but they don't understand that the cartilage between the L4 &L5 is completely gone so that's bone on bone, and moving all this weight around is not the business. My sciatic nerve is always getting pinched between bone my right leg is always numb and the left is often numb as well and now I'm losing control of my bowls and often pee all over myself. I am also experiencing balancing issues and often catch myself B4 I fall. People look at me and thinks I'm a falling down drunk when I've giving up alchohol over 12 years ago. I then explain its nerve and spinal damage. I went to a 4 hour consultation on May 2, 2019 and I meet my surgeon on May 17 yesterday and he informed me that I have already lost 14 pounds and only need to lose 4 more pounds and they will schedule my surgery. I meet the nutritionist on Monday and believe I'll be 2 more pounds closer and hopefully they will go ahead and schedule my surgery. This is why I believe my surgery will be in June because in here in California and Kaiser has been doing them super quick. I have 3 friends that went from day 1 to surgery day in about 45 days to 60 day. I'm just so nervous about losing that extra 4 pounds and trying to keep it off till Dday. Anyways nice meeting you and will read others and praying for ea of us to be able to get surgery done in June so by Thanksgiving we will be able to eat more then a dinner roll LOL. I am getting the sleeve done. Praying for all our dreams to come true. (My dream is to not have to live in sheer and constant pain for the rest of my life)20190329_210626.jpeg 20171006_214946.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey Kassandra,
My name is Michelle and I'm 45 yrs old with 2 awesome sons and 2 totally amazing daughters. I've been fighting with obesity all my life and now that my lower back (L4 &L5) is completely shot and I have sleep apnea life has gotten more difficult. I'm the biggest I've ever been and am in total pain all day every day. People really try and tell me different ways to workout or go with them to their gym but they don't understand that the cartilage between the L4 &L5 is completely gone so that's bone on bone, and moving all this weight around is not the business. My sciatic nerve is always getting pinched between bone my right leg is always numb and the left is often numb as well and now I'm losing control of my bowls and often pee all over myself. I am also experiencing balancing issues and often catch myself B4 I fall. People look at me and thinks I'm a falling down drunk when I've giving up alchohol over 12 years ago. I then explain its nerve and spinal damage. I went to a 4 hour consultation on May 2, 2019 and I meet my surgeon on May 17 yesterday and he informed me that I have already lost 14 pounds and only need to lose 4 more pounds and they will schedule my surgery. I meet the nutritionist on Monday and believe I'll be 2 more pounds closer and hopefully they will go ahead and schedule my surgery. This is why I believe my surgery will be in June because in here in California and Kaiser has been doing them super quick. I have 3 friends that went from day 1 to surgery day in about 45 days to 60 day. I'm just so nervous about losing that extra 4 pounds and trying to keep it off till Dday. Anyways nice meeting you and will read others and praying for ea of us to be able to get surgery done in June so by Thanksgiving we will be able to eat more then a dinner roll LOL. I am getting the sleeve done. Praying for all our dreams to come true. (My dream is to not have to live in sheer and constant pain for the rest of my life)20190329_210626.thumb.jpeg.cc78efcd212c555a205bdaf68d8db408.jpeg 20171006_214946.thumb.jpeg.a06137f26752581f4cec9151a16f9bd3.jpeg

I forgot to mention oh wait who am I fooling I didn't mention my weight because I'm so embarrassed about how I've just lost control of a extremely difficult mouth disability [emoji12] [emoji15]. I'm highest weight was may 2nd of this year at 338 pounds and yesterday I weighed in at 324. I only have 4 pounds to lose and hopefully by Monday when I see the nutritionist I'll be at goal or a couple pounds away 🤞🤞.

Hi Michelle! I hear you on the back and leg problems. I fall often and have had surgery on my L4/L5 for a herniated disc. Because of the nerve damage I have very limited feeling in my legs and feet. Completely agree, it makes exercising super difficult. I'm hoping the sleeve will give me the boost I need -- losing weight should help bring my balance back and make me more mobile. Solidarity!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app