Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

They just submitted on Friday, but that's I great idea to watch for it on the app. Good idea! Hopefully BCBS will come through as fast!

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

It only took about a week and then another week and called from me to the docs office to kind of nudge them and be like... what the? It's been approved already, what's taking you so long to contact me but in a much nicer way.

I also found out the submitted it for the wrong surgeon and as out patient vs inpatient so they had to resubmit buuuutttt... they said it won't take long because they already approved the procedure and that the surgery scheduler will contact me tomorrow 🤩 SUPER EXCITED!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Depending on where and when it is, I might actually be willing to make the drive down from Madison for it, since it's only a couple of hours out. I might also drag my husband along, since he'll be fairly close to this cohort, just a couple of months behind [emoji4]
Wow! You're family is all-in! I kinda love that you're doing it together. BTW,I'm originally from Milwaukee.

Alex76, I think this is a lovely idea. I am in the southern suburbs but would love to meet others who are going through the journey. My date is June 3rd. Keep us posted if you want to meet up.
Purpledva! I'm having mine a few days after on the 7th. My husband is originally from Midlothian, so I've spent some quality time down by you.

Ugh is anyone else going off the rails a little?! I've been eating foods that are so shitty for me after doing amazing on my diet for the last 6 months. I'm supposed to start my 2 week liquid diet on June 5th BUT I'm going to do a 3 or 4 week liquid or low carb diet to get back on track. I plan on starting that this coming Sunday.
Me! I splurged a little on Mother's Day and have had a few little "food farewells" over the last two weeks. It's hard to say goodbye!

It only took about a week and then another week and called from me to the docs office to kind of nudge them and be like... what the? It's been approved already, what's taking you so long to contact me but in a much nicer way.

I also found out the submitted it for the wrong surgeon and as out patient vs inpatient so they had to resubmit [emoji36] buuuutttt... they said it won't take long because they already approved the procedure and that the surgery scheduler will contact me tomorrow [emoji847][emoji16]🤩 SUPER EXCITED!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm so excited for you! Let us know the date when you get it. Insurance annoys me, so I'm not shocked at all that they screwed it up. 🤣🤣🤣

Today was my last pre-op appointment with the surgeon. James, what you said really resonates -- I'm not backing out, but now that it's so close, I'm nervous. Such a huge lifestyle change. And I'll be pissed if I don't make my goal. I want the outcome to be worth the effort.

Relax now, you are almost there, Batty. Instead of worrying about what is ahead, think of all that you have accomplished to get here, give yourself a mental pat on the back, because when push comes to shove, you are doing this to improve your life, and you will have the satisfaction. when it is all done and you reach your goals. Now a deep breath "I CAN DO THIS---YES I CAN!"
Now when it is completed give us an update because you know, we will be cheering as you make it over and into our Bench of Victory aka Losers Bench, but you won't be lost but finding your way into the future. So Good Wishes for you and your FUTURE now!

Relax now, you are almost there, Batty. Instead of worrying about what is ahead, think of all that you have accomplished to get here, give yourself a mental pat on the back, because when push comes to shove, you are doing this to improve your life, and you will have the satisfaction. when it is all done and you reach your goals. Now a deep breath "I CAN DO THIS---YES I CAN!"
Now when it is completed give us an update because you know, we will be cheering as you make it over and into our Bench of Victory aka Losers Bench, but you won't be lost but finding your way into the future. So Good Wishes for you and your FUTURE now!
Thank you, Frustr8! I needed that. And you are absolutely right, it's been so many appointments, tests, tracking, hard work, etc. to get to this point. Hats off to everyone for where we're at in the journey to get to June!

On 5/11/2019 at 11:25 PM, maybelle said:

My surgery date is June 11...My name is May...I'm 33 with 1 daughter...I'm currently living in NC but will be having my surgery in MD...I'm 5'3 and I will be 240 when I have my surgery

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

Welcome.

On 5/12/2019 at 12:09 AM, JamesL73 said:

Hello all, I may be wrong but after reading all of the comments, I believe I am the first Male in here. My name is James. I am 45, happily single with two kids grown and on their own, one with two girls of his own. Yep, I'm a grandpa. :( I will be going to dr illan at BariatricPal MX, in Tijuana Mexico, on June 15. This will actually be my second surgery, I am doing a revision from VSG to the Mini Gastric Bypass. If any of you are interested I just FINALLY wrote my story in my profile if you're wondering why the revision. So most, if any, questions can be answered there. If anyone has any other questions, feel free to ask. Good luck to all on your upcoming surgeries and in your current battles with insurance. I refuse to deal with all the insurance bureaucracy so I am paying cash for the second time. i know most aren't able to do that, in fact I'm really not this time either, it is going on a credit card and I will deal with it later. haha My health is way more important than my credit score. Anyway, see you all around.

Welcome...I agree with you about the insurance red tape...it's taken me over a year to get approved and I still don't have my date(probably July...however i've been adopted into this group lol).

13 hours ago, sarahlou84 said:

Hi! My name is Sarah and I am scheduled for a VSG June 3rd!!! I have 4 kiddos, an awesome Boyfriend, 2 dogs and 2 goats. My highest wt was 349lbs. I've yo-yod for years and am currently sitting at 343lbs 😕 I love volleyball, running and basketball and I can't wait to be able to do those things again.

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Welcome to the group Sarah, it's nice to meet you! You're in good hands with this group, we'll help you along 🤗 I'd love to get back to running myself someday, assuming my knees will let me when I'm smaller... Fingers crossed!

11 hours ago, KimmieGirl said:

June 12th! Going for pre op testing, meeting with doc, and pre op class on May 20th. Woot woot!

Congrats Kimmie, that's fantastic news! You got this! *cheers* And you're the same week as me - I'm the 11th 😄

10 hours ago, Batty2000 said:

Wow! You're family is all-in! I kinda love that you're doing it together. BTW,I'm originally from Milwaukee.

Right? It's not often you get such support that people do the surgery with you! 😁 But it's been awesome to be able to talk to him about stuff and know he really does get it, so that helps.

And cool! Glad there's at least some WI connection around here, lol! I've been in Madison for about a decade now and I adore it. I'm originally from Massachusetts 😊

Yesterday tested my patience a bit - had some issues getting formal insurance clearance from my primary care, even though he'd informally granted it months ago. Then my surgeon tried to talk me into getting the sleeve, and I really want the bypass for a multitude of reasons, but I suck at debating, so my reasoning came out sounding like, "But I wanna!" Thankfully by the end of the day I had the clearance I needed and my surgeon had me down for the bypass, but it was such a stressful day...

I'll be grateful when the surgery is done and I can begin moving on with the rest of my life!