Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 minute ago, Batty2000 said:

Totally get it. I work in the Loop, but live in Oak Park. I saw your other post of BCBSIL. I'll let you know. I believe they are submitting for me early next week. They told me to plan for 2 to 4 weeks, but they are overly cautious about setting expectations.

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

Awesome! Yeah I work in the loop too. About an hour to hour and 15 minute commute one way, every day. This contributed to my weight problem. Plus i work sometimes 12-16 hours a day. So little time for anything after taking care of necessities around the house. My insurance lady said it would take about 2 weeks turn around and that I'm looking at the end of May or early June surgery depending on the surgeon. Fingers crossed 🤞

Hi all.

So happy to see a June group! I have been cleared for surgery, BCBS insurance approved June 3rd surgery date for RNY. I'm super excited. Married, 43, with 2 kids and I have been overweight since my last child....shes 14!!!!
5'6",
CW 242
GW 142
Comorbidities and medication: high blood pressure, depression, anxiety

I'm planning to go back to a Keto household to support my new way of eating.

Let's prep since it's almost time: what checklists have you completed so far?
Me: all Vitamins purchased, apps downloaded (my fitness pa, bariatastic, this one), purchased a bunch of comfy transitions clothes-yoga pants and cute off the shoulder tops, personal measuring cups and plates, meal prep containers, bone broths, Jello packs, etc., after surgery scar gel....
What things have you done to prep? Let's exchange tips and ideas. [emoji847]

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

1 minute ago, ChelseaMari said:

Hi all.

So happy to see a June group! I have been cleared for surgery, BCBS insurance approved June 3rd surgery date for RNY. I'm super excited. Married, 43, with 2 kids and I have been overweight since my last child....shes 14!!!!
5'6",
CW 242
GW 142

Me: all Vitamins purchased, apps downloaded (my fitness pa, bariatastic, this one), purchased a bunch of comfy transitions clothes-yoga pants and cute off the shoulder tops, personal measuring cups and plates, meal prep containers, bone broths, Jello packs, etc., after surgery scar gel....
What things have you done to prep? Let's exchange tips and ideas.

Ugh... my goodness!! You're so prepared, I haven't done anything but make notes about what I need to do and read the crap out of everything to mentally prepare myself for everything. I'm a wicked huge procrastinator and somehow it works for me. Everything always falls into place. But seeing your surgery date and hoping that's the date I get I'm feeling a little pressure to get my butt in gear. You're my inspiration!

Ugh... my goodness!! You're so prepared, I haven't done anything but make notes about what I need to do and read the crap out of everything to mentally prepare myself for everything. I'm a wicked huge procrastinator and somehow it works for me. Everything always falls into place. But seeing your surgery date and hoping that's the date I get I'm feeling a little pressure to get my butt in gear. You're my inspiration!
Thanks. I know what you mean. From the moment I received the call this week, I've been a little anxious. It will all work out. That's what these forums are good for--support, reminders, tips, and just to give us some peace of mind. [emoji847]

11 hours ago, ChelseaMari said:

Hi all.

5'6",
CW 242
GW 142

Welcome!

I just got my approval today (that was quick thanks BCBS of MA) so June 17th is a definite for me!!! I have all of my pre-op and my 2 and 6 week post-op appts scheduled. Now I'm nervous! lol

I've prepped a few things too...

So far I have: New blender (pricey but does awesome purees and makes soup!), digital scale, 3 cute tops in a 1x (I'm in a 2x now down from a 3x :) ), Vitamin E oil for scars

Amazon shopping list which now I'll buy: kids fork and spoon set, 100 2oz plastic cups w/ lids, 100 4oz plastic cups with lids, Isopure Zero Carb unflavored Protein Powder (to throw in Soups in jello), compartmentalized containers for lunch when I go back to work and an extra Blender Bottle for work

Walmart and grocery store list: Premier Protein shakes (which I already use), Flinstones Complete chewables, Protein20 drinks (different flavors), herbal teas, sugar free ice pops, sugar free Jello pudding mix (going to make w/ Fairlife milk), sugar free jello, Oikos Zero yogurts, cream soups, broth...etc.

I plan on prepping a bunch of 2oz cups w/ yogurt, jello, jello pudding, cottage cheese...etc.

I definitely need to get some transition clothes. I got rid of everything smaller sized in my closet last year when I was sick of looking at it (from 12's all the way to 26's). I have nothing smaller than my 28 jeans and a few pairs of 26/28 capris and bermuda shorts.

Welcome!
I just got my approval today (that was quick thanks BCBS of MA) so June 17th is a definite for me!!! I have all of my pre-op and my 2 and 6 week post-op appts scheduled. Now I'm nervous! lol
I've prepped a few things too...
So far I have: New blender (pricey but does awesome purees and makes soup!), digital scale, 3 cute tops in a 1x (I'm in a 2x now down from a 3x [emoji4] ), Vitamin E oil for scars
Amazon shopping list which now I'll buy: kids fork and spoon set, 100 2oz plastic cups w/ lids, 100 4oz plastic cups with lids, Isopure Zero Carb unflavored Protein Powder (to throw in Soups in jello), compartmentalized containers for lunch when I go back to work and an extra Blender Bottle for work
Walmart and grocery store list: Premier Protein shakes (which I already use), Flinstones Complete chewables, Protein20 drinks (different flavors), herbal teas, sugar free ice pops, sugar free Jello pudding mix (going to make w/ Fairlife milk), sugar free Jello, Oikos Zero yogurts, cream Soups, broth...etc.
I plan on prepping a bunch of 2oz cups w/ yogurt, jello, jello pudding, cottage cheese...etc.
I definitely need to get some transition clothes. I got rid of everything smaller sized in my closet last year when I was sick of looking at it (from 12's all the way to 26's). I have nothing smaller than my 28 jeans and a few pairs of 26/28 capris and bermuda shorts.

Great list!!! Nice. I have a vitamix and one of those shake cups with the blending ball inside. So Isopure is the Protein you are going with. How's it taste?

Just now, ChelseaMari said:

Great list!!! Nice. I have a vitamix and one of those shake cups with the blending ball inside. So Isopure is the Protein you are going with. How's it taste?

I haven't tried the Isopure yet. I'm going to buy a 1lb bag soon to make sure it mixes well and has no taste - I'll let you know when I try it. I've already tried a few flavors of the Protein20 Water to make sure I liked those. I read they had horrible aftertaste but I don't notice any and I think they taste pretty good.

I finally have a date on June 3rd. My insurance approved my surgery back on April 5th but the surgeon's office was crazy slow and didn't schedule me until today.

HW 315
CW 292

I'm 38 and married with 2 children age 2 and 9. Started low carb last week and have lost 5 pounds.

15 hours ago, ChelseaMari said:

Hi all.

5'6",
CW 242
GW 142

I have a blender cup for my shakes, a new blender, an instant pot for Soups, sf Jello, sf pudding, stretchy pants, 3 tubs of Unjury Protein powder, one body fortress protein powder, a food scale, and Vitamins. Downloaded baritastic and log it regularly.

I also got a **** ton of spices to spice it up a little because I get bored with repetitive food lol.

50 minutes ago, starladustangel said:

I finally have a date on June 3rd. My insurance approved my surgery back on April 5th but the surgeon's office was crazy slow and didn't schedule me until today.

HW 315
CW 292

I'm 38 and married with 2 children age 2 and 9. Started low carb last week and have lost 5 pounds.

I have a 2 yr old, 5yr old, and 9 yr old. Have you told your kids yet? I did my oldest 2 and they are pretty excited they're always shaking my belly saying "jiggle jiggle jiggle" lmao. I just started low carb meal prepping.

16 hours ago, ARMoma45 said:

I'm now certain that won't happen. They are booking in July right now. Apparently he only does 2 per week.

I hope they move you up! I met dr Paul today and he seemed really nice. Apparently they are scheduled so far out because he will be gone for 2 weeks before my surgery for his wedding.

I have a blender cup for my shakes, a new blender, an instant pot for Soups, sf Jello, sf pudding, stretchy pants, 3 tubs of Unjury Protein powder, one body fortress protein powder, a food scale, and Vitamins. Downloaded baritastic and log it regularly.

I also got a **** ton of spices to spice it up a little because I get bored with repetitive food lol.
Smart thinking with the spices.

2 minutes ago, ChelseaMari said:

Smart thinking with the spices.

Someone told me if you're a fan of pumpkin pie to buy pumpkin pie spice and put it in a vanilla Protein Shake and it tastes like a pumpkin pie latte. I tried it and it is effing amazing lol

Is anyone else going to use Instagram to document their journey? I am if anyone wants to follow. Kassyyy13

I have a 2 yr old, 5yr old, and 9 yr old. Have you told your kids yet? I did my oldest 2 and they are pretty excited they're always shaking my belly saying "jiggle jiggle jiggle" lmao. I just started low carb meal prepping.
My 9 year old we have talked about it. He wants me to run and play with him. My 2 year old doesn't understand yet