Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 hours ago, ARMoma45 said:

What fun can I look forward to with the pre-op instructions?

You have to update me as soon as they give you a date!!!! Our pre op diet is sooooo much fun lmao. We get 2 weeks of full liquids and in big bold letters it says DON'T CHEAT Haha. It made me laugh when I saw that.

I hope to have the date any day now. I'm sure it'll be in June.

4 hours ago, ARMoma45 said:

I hope to have the date any day now. I'm sure it'll be in June.

Maybe we will be surgery twins lol. I cant wait for you to find out your date. I know you've been waiting for a while too and it stinks.

I dont have my date yet, waiting on insurance approval but the person who submits it doesn't seem too concerned about being approved. She said itll be late May or early June. I'm shooting for june. Gonna do this right and be off most of the summer. IM SUPER EXCITED!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

3 hours ago, cubyblue6 said:

I dont have my date yet, waiting on insurance approval but the person who submits it doesn't seem too concerned about being approved. She said itll be late May or early June. I'm shooting for june. Gonna do this right and be off most of the summer. IM SUPER EXCITED!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile

Welcome to our little group! This site has become my extended family lmao. Btw I love your pic. I have 2 black cats lol. Doom and Lucipurr Haha and a huge black and white cat named Boots lol what surgery are you having love?

Funny, I have two black cats too... stan and stewie. I'm getting the sleeve. Didnt want a foreign object placed in my body with the lap abnd and did not like the idea of moving my intestines around and having 2 separate staple points to worry about. What are you having?

Hi. I am tentatively scheduled for Sleeve June 4th. Need PCP sign off and then good to go. I know it will be here before we know it.

16 hours ago, BulletWithButterflyWings said:

Welcome to our little group! This site has become my extended family lmao. Btw I love your pic. I have 2 black cats lol. Doom and Lucipurr Haha and a huge black and white cat named Boots lol what surgery are you having love?

I love Lucipurr lol.

I'm hoping for sometime the first week of June. I have plenty of sick time accrued to take 6 weeks off and 2 weeks of vacation at the end of July. Going to take my time getting to know my new stomach.

1 hour ago, cubyblue6 said:

I'm hoping for sometime the first week of June. I have plenty of sick time accrued to take 6 weeks off and 2 weeks of vacation at the end of July. Going to take my time getting to know my new stomach.

I'm having the bypass done. My insurance isnt covering the sleeve at this time and I hate lap bands so RNY it is. I'm not going to complain though because honestly with all the info and support you find on here, I feel better prepared. I was dead set on the sleeve but I'm actually happy with RNY now too. Your plan sounds like a great idea. you will get to focus on healing.

2 hours ago, ARMoma45 said:

I love Lucipurr lol.

If she would have been a boy it would have been Lucifurr lmao.

9 hours ago, New_Me2019 said:

Hi. I am tentatively scheduled for Sleeve June 4th. Need PCP sign off and then good to go. I know it will be here before we know it.

Yay!!! So exciting. Just a little over a month away!!! I've been using the Baritastic app to log my food and it has a countdown timer for my surgery lol. I'm excited cant you tell? Haha. Welcome to our little family!!

I have heard alot of people talk about the baritastic app. Going to have to look that one up. No time to start like present.
Lucifurr!!! Ahhhh hahahahaha I LOVE IT!

Dontcha just love that name! My mother had a friend who named her cat Stinkie Pussie, Alice claimed she tried other cat names but she never responded to them. But this one, she meows and comes running for her Kat Kibble or Catnip. So if it's true" Different Strokes for Different Folks" I guess it follows" Different names are just part of the Game"

Hi! I've been lurking without creating an account and when I saw this little June group I decided it was time to join! :)

I had my first meeting with a Dr on Jan 7th, went right into nutrition appts on Jan 17th and it was kind of a whirlwind after that with tests one after the other: Upper GI, EKG, stress test, ECG, sleep study...etc. I was cleared by all of the Dr's. The only thing wrong was sleep apnea, which was a bit of a surprise, so I've been using a CPAP machine since the end of March. I was cleared by nutrition in March after having lost 5% of my starting weight (part of my program instead of a liquid pre-op diet) and met with my surgeon last Friday to go over everything and sign consents. That made things more real! I'm awaiting surgery approval from insurance but don't expect any issues. My surgery date is June 17th!

I also love the Baritastic app! It definitely keeps me on track.

Edited by NEGirl72