Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Samantha I'm 26 and I'm around 390 and I'm having the bypass on June 6th! I feel like it's been a struggle to get here from the seminar at the very beginning. My Dr doesn't require a pre op diet just a 24 hr fast before surgery.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using BariatricPal mobile app

I will be three days ahead of you, Samantha! Welcome to the group!

Edited by FluffySaysForkIt!

Guys, they called from pre-admission to schedule my pre class and final tests today and I panicked a little. Maybe because I just realized I am 12 days(almost 11) away and that eating is literally about to stop. 🤣 I guess it’s just getting really real now and I’ve been talking about this so long I feel like maybe a part of me thought I would never get here. Is anyone else panicking a little here in the 11th hour? I’m afraid I’m going to break the rules, hurt myself or worst of all, not lose weight.

Just now, djgirl19 said:

Guys, they called from pre-admission to schedule my pre class and final tests today and I panicked a little. Maybe because I just realized I am 12 days(almost 11) away and that eating is literally about to stop. 🤣 I guess it’s just getting really real now and I’ve been talking about this so long I feel like maybe a part of me thought I would never get here. Is anyone else
Panicking a little? I’m afraid I’m going to break the rules, hurt myself or worst of all, not lose weight.

Yes, I am panicking and am a bit depressed as well. I think I have researched too much. I've read medical abstracts about complications, bulletin boards where people list all their bad experiences, etc., etc. I am questioning whether I picked the best surgeon. Another one in my area has done 2000 bariatric surgeries and has never had a single death. I only have very basic information about my own surgeon. He said one patient died from alcohol poisoning after drinking large quantities of alcohol early in his healing process. Hope I can calm down and be more optimistic before my surgery.

I was originally told that my surgery would be scheduled sometime at the end of June. Talked with the surgeons office this week for a check in and my surgeon has taken the month of June off to travel. I’m excited for him but a little bummed at the same time. This pushes my surgery back to mid/end of July. School starts mid August and I’m worried I won’t have enough healing time before I go back to work....trying not to stress out!

On 05/23/2019 at 22:28, Prestonandme said:

Yes, I am panicking and am a bit depressed as well. I think I have researched too much. I've read medical abstracts about complications, bulletin boards where people list all their bad experiences, etc., etc. I am questioning whether I picked the best surgeon. Another one in my area has done 2000 bariatric surgeries and has never had a single death. I only have very basic information about my own surgeon. He said one patient died from alcohol poisoning after drinking large quantities of alcohol early in his healing process. Hope I can calm down and be more optimistic before my surgery.

Oh no-I’m glad I’m not the only one but I’m also sorry you’re in the same boat. I think the drinking issue is a choice made by the patient, not the surgeon’s issue. I’m sure they were told not to drink. My instructions on that were pretty clear. They don’t want us drinking at all first year. And not more than an occasional drink after. It may be hard but I think for me it will be harder to know I can’t ever eat an entire sandwich again😂 I mean if I am satisfied, maybe it will be ok. It’s just hard to imagine I will ever feel satisfied from a quarter cup of food. And knowing I can’t really have sugar anymore is a little scary. I’m trying really hard to like fake sweeteners though. Lol

11 hours ago, djgirl19 said:

Guys, they called from pre-admission to schedule my pre class and final tests today and I panicked a little. Maybe because I just realized I am 12 days(almost 11) away and that eating is literally about to stop. 🤣 I guess it’s just getting really real now and I’ve been talking about this so long I feel like maybe a part of me thought I would never get here. Is anyone else panicking a little here in the 11th hour? I’m afraid I’m going to break the rules, hurt myself or worst of all, not lose weight.

My VSG is scheduled June 3rd, and I am also in "full panic" mode.. But I am taking the advice of many others... just BREATHE... We got this!

Okay so I have 26 days left until surgery and I'm FREAKING OUT lol. So many mixed emotions and stuff. Ugh

23 hours ago, Samantha T said:

I'm Samantha I'm 26 and I'm around 390 and I'm having the bypass on June 6th! I feel like it's been a struggle to get here from the seminar at the very beginning. My Dr doesn't require a pre op diet just a 24 hr fast before surgery.

Welcome love!!! I wish I didnt have to do a liquid diet lol. That's going to suck

Welcome love!!! I wish I didnt have to do a liquid diet lol. That's going to suck
I never asked about it and I was so worried about it from reading everyone's stuggles. Then at my last appointment I asked and yeah it's just a day. So all that worrying for nothing lol

I am scheduled for RNY on June 10th. My arthritic knees and hip are too painful. I can barely walk. I’m hoping and praying this helps and I can lose enough weight for knee and hip replacement surgeries. I’m a little anxious, but very much looking forward to getting my procedure. I’ve research med it twice previously and backed out over ten years ago. This time I’m really ready.

And debbiddle, this is going to succeed, work with this second chance, I'm 73, still a work in progress, almost 9 months out, lost over an 100 since surgery day, 150+ since my highest weight. I worked over 3 years to get it, I want and will make a success of it. Close to what my Nurse Practioner wanted meat but I'm not stopping, I want to be a size 15 junior and weigh 175, let's watch and see if I make it! Last time I saw them the estimated date I'll reach goal is my anniversary or slightly after it. I figured it might take me 18,mo ths, so 12-13 months; that would be so cool!

Finally have my date! June 24th baby! This was such a lengthy process and I had I believe 17 appointments total. (Includes psych, labs, EGD, etc, etc.

I’m having RNY. I started this process in January and am sooooo excited to finally have a date to begin the countdown. Wishing everyone luck and very happy to join others on the same journey.