Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I say those are minimums for each person

p.s. I have lost 80-something pounds with the Sleeve and then 54 lbs with the Bypass. Bypass averages 10 lbs per month.

Just now, Mikeyy said:

I say those are minimums for each person

We all lose differently.

I’m post op day 5 and down 12 lbs since surgery day. I had the RNY. 

On 06/20/2019 at 18:52, Emma2.0 said:

Today I’m officially down 70lbs in 3 months and 9 days. I struggle with bipolar and this progress is what keeps me going each day. Mental illness does not discriminate.

image-0.00607967376708984.jpg

You look great, you’re an inspiration!

Agreed. Some people can handle seeing the daily fluctuations and get on with their day, but for some others, that occasional 1/2 pound overnight gain causes anxiety and stress. Know what helps and what doesn't help you, and behave accordingly.
I weigh myself every morning at the same time, wearing nothing at all. lol. Works for me [emoji4]
I weigh every day as well

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

84lbs in not quite 6 months. Down a total of 140 or so pounds. Just got below 200 yesterday for the first time since I was around 13 years old or so. Best decision I’ve ever made for me and my family.
Congratulations that's awesome news. Hopefully you can give us some helpful tips that you have used during your journey.
I had sleeve Oct 25th will be 3 years but am going on July 16th for RNY revision surgery due to severe reflux disease getting worse.
I lost 87 with the sleeve the first year. Up and down ever since.
I want to loose about 80 more pounds.
Please message me your tips or text me 803 665 0931.I live in SC
Allie

I’m 3 months post gastric bypass and have lost around 52lbs so far. My highest weight when I started this journey was 330lbs, pre surgery weight was 284.7lbs, and my current weight fluctuates between 231-234lbs. My goal weight is 160lbs so I have around 70lbs left before I get there.
Omg your doing great. My surgery is on July 16th and so glad to see how much everyone has lost.
So inspiring.
Allie in SC

Hi All - Happy 4th weekend! Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday. I was excited to report this time last year we would have feasted on 2 ½ Boar's Head hot dogs, macaroni salad, Wise potato chips and apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Oh boy! This year - I am now 6 months out and 85 pounds down AND prepared a new menu of Tomato and watermelon salad with roasted hazelnuts, shrimp and filet tenderloin grilled kebabs with lots of veggies and chia seed chocolate sugar free pudding! Still only able to eat a few bites of each item BUT never felt deprived or the ability to enjoy such a big food centered holiday. I love my sleeve!
How did everyone do? What did you enjoy eating? Exploring new strategies to get me moving toward my goal of 130 at 5 feet tall! Any idea's or suggestions welcomed? Want to look fabulous for our 25th vow renewal ceremony with dinner and dance next spring - May 17, 2020. ;]
You're doing great... I was sleeved almost 3 yrs ago in October 25th. But am having RNY revision surgery from the reflux being so much worse.
I can eat way more than I probably should but still vomiting if I push it.
I was sick on the 4th so every time I ate I thre it up.
Anyway good luck with your journey and keep posting your success.
Allie in SC

On 7/6/2019 at 4:45 PM, Sophie7713 said:

Hi All - Happy 4th weekend! Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday. I was excited to report this time last year we would have feasted on 2 ½ Boar's Head hot dogs, macaroni salad, Wise potato chips and apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Oh boy! This year - I am now 6 months out and 85 pounds down AND prepared a new menu of Tomato and watermelon salad with roasted hazelnuts, shrimp and filet tenderloin grilled kebabs with lots of veggies and chia seed chocolate sugar free pudding! Still only able to eat a few bites of each item BUT never felt deprived or the ability to enjoy such a big food centered holiday. I love my sleeve!

How did everyone do? What did you enjoy eating? Exploring new strategies to get me moving toward my goal of 130 at 5 feet tall! Any idea's or suggestions welcomed? Want to look fabulous for our 25th vow renewal ceremony with dinner and dance next spring - May 17, 2020. ;]

The foods you made sounds awesome. I’ve made chia seed pudding with Greek yogurt and cream in the past. I haven’t made it yet post op.

Sorry my reply turned into a long winded message ...

I’m in Florida too. I went to Shillingford but it didn’t work out and I ended up going to Cleveland Clinic. I needed gastric bypass due to severe GERD and Dr. Shillingford didn’t even discuss it. He made a lot of assumptions without hearing me out. Insurance doesn’t count metabolic disorders as a comorbidity, I had enough of them but never had high BP and did everything to prevent diabetes due to pcos. I didn’t have the energy to prove my sleep apnea. I couldn’t deal with a sleep study. Even fighting my weight I ended up hitting the 40 BMI mark. I dreaded that. It was an endocrinologist that helped confirm having bariatric surgery was my last method of treatment, or at least a tool to help fight my weight against several metabolic disorders. She referred me to Cleveland clinic.

The one 4th of July bbq I went to was tough. All my mother’s friends. I ended up doing the work rather than eating anything. It was Saturday and rained on an off. (Drenching rain) Besides the person who always mans the grill, and my mother, no one did anything except say where’s the food. I felt like if I didn’t help, no one would halve. At one point I had to hold an umbrella over the grill. Would have been funny had I not been exhausted.

I wasn’t feeling well so had not planned on going but my mother wanted me there. I haven’t been able to shift past let alone into the purée phase. (And I’m about 9 weeks in, I should have been moving into phase 4) There wasn’t anything I could eat. That didn’t bother me as much as being asked how I am knowing they expect me to say just fine, if I say otherwise it’s, it’ll get better or but you look good. Words hard to deal with because of living with lifelong chronic illness that no one can see. I will never be better. But need to get to a healthy weight to ease some of the burden on my messed up body.

I have a upper endoscopy the 11th, I’ve got some kind of hiatal hernia, a stricture (3mm narrow gastrojejunostomy) and a Schatzki ring. I don’t know how the doctor will address that since I didn’t hear from them about the gi fluoroscopy results that showed these things. I’m almost tempted to cancel the endoscopy. I’m also seeing a neurologist about dysphasia separate from those things.

I guess I’m just not good around people. I don’t expect anything. Definitely not pity. And I don’t mind helping either. But when I feel like that’s all I’m good for even though my body took a heavy beating from doing so ( and no one can see it) I don’t feel very welcome.

Sorry. I have rambled on. My weight is going down thankfully. Sometimes it stays the same for days on end. I weigh myself each morning after I’m dressed. I mark it on a calendar I printed out. I started taking some notes on my tablet for each day my weight and what I’ve “eaten” calories and Protein. To make sure I get at least 50 grams of protein. I have the same Protein Shake almost every morning mixed with ripple milk. To get 30 grams. Probably is not smart but I haven’t eaten lunch. I get the rest of my protein at dinner. I’ve read some research that it’s good to have protein at rest, vs prior to exercise.

im always worried my metabolic disorders will get the best of me And sabotage my efforts as it did before. How few calories should a person eat. I thought I was doing alright before, I didn’t eat sugar, ate low carb ... everyone talks about exercise. I cannot. It’s hard to get even doctors to understand that I’ve one of few medical conditions that exertion causes literal damage and worsening of my conditions. Just doing what needs to be done takes it all out of me.

8 hours ago, froufrou said:

I think this is a really good steady weight loss that is realistic. Great reminder to just keep going - make the right choices, keep pushing through the stalls.

Thank you so very much for posting this!!! I went into surgery 4 months ago at 234 lbs. I've lost 35 lbs and have been beating myself up for not losing more. According to this chart I am exactly where I should be! Thanks again!