Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 6/17/2019 at 10:03 AM, Taralee002 said:

That makes me hopeful

Sent from my SM-J337V using BariatricPal mobile app

Girl I feel uncertain everyday about if Im losing enough quickly enough. My saving grace has been measuring myself. So when the scale doesn't move as fast as I want, I look at my measurements and know Im on the right track.

On 6/18/2019 at 7:26 AM, Ellf said:

Congrats to everyone. I just dislike the fluctuation. Went from 303.5 yesterday to 304.8 this morning, and I bet I'm down to 302.x tomorrow. I really should stop weighing myself every day, but it makes a neat graph on my phone.

I also weigh myself everyday even though I know I shouldn't. It seems like I always lose 2 pounds then gain 1 then lose 2 lol

2 hours ago, GB in CA said:

I also weigh myself everyday even though I know I shouldn't. It seems like I always lose 2 pounds then gain 1 then lose 2 lol

What sucks is I went as high as 305.5 yesterday morning, and now I'm down to 304.5. I'll probably be 302 by Saturday, and maybe down to 300 by Monday

Today I’m officially down 70lbs in 3 months and 9 days. I struggle with bipolar and this progress is what keeps me going each day. Mental illness does not discriminate.

image-0.00607967376708984.jpg

Just now, sstormer72 said:

I had my surgery Dec 12, 2018 and I'm down 6 months later to 125.8 lost..

That's amazing!! 125 in 6 months what was your start weight? How strict are you on yourself?

On 06/20/2019 at 11:04, GB in CA said:

I weigh myself everyday too. I feel like it helps me keep myself in check...seeing it go up or seeing it go down. I don’t think there is anything wrong w doing that everyday. We all want to keep the weight off so I think if that helps do that then I’m going to weigh everyday. 😊

1 hour ago, Kris77 said:

I weigh myself everyday too. I feel like it helps me keep myself in check...seeing it go up or seeing it go down. I don’t think there is anything wrong w doing that everyday. We all want to keep the weight off so I think if that helps do that then I’m going to weigh everyday. 😊

Agreed. Some people can handle seeing the daily fluctuations and get on with their day, but for some others, that occasional 1/2 pound overnight gain causes anxiety and stress. Know what helps and what doesn't help you, and behave accordingly.

I weigh myself every morning at the same time, wearing nothing at all. lol. Works for me :)

I have no sense of time. This is my 2nd go around but always battling my weight against metabolic disorders and chronic illness. I started out on my own my highest weight over 215lb and reached 124lb. It didn’t last no matter how hard I fought to eat right. At some point it just kept climbing until I was nearly back where I started. I lost height due to spine problems (and hysterectomy apparently does it too) I also used to be big boned as a teen but now (due to my medical conditions) my bones are very small. As big as I still am my wrists and fingers are bony. It’s weird to me.

Sometimes I am afraid to fail after all this. Sometimes I wonder why I just couldn’t do it on my own anymore and just eat like a normal human being. But apparently my body has the metabolism of a sloth. I’m still not tolerating anything but Protein Drinks, and maybe a little bariatric pal Soup. Even those are hard to stomach or swallow. Water? I used to love drinking water, I’d get 8 glasses before lunch. Now it’s painful. So I barely drink.

Im 5’ 0” my weight day of surgery 203lbs that was almost two months ago?

So far I am down around 30lbs. I stagnate and then it drops a little. I’ve been marking a calendar each day. I have a lot more to lose ...

Just popped back to say I had a gain and just came back from it. Wasn’t doing anything different I could see. Log everything daily. Maybe less walking.

May
13th - 92.1
20th - 91.1
27th - 90.1

Getting a bit too comfy with this nice pattern at this point!

June
3rd - 89.1kg

Still grand

10th - 89.8kg

Ooops. Grown up head saying it’s no biggie, childish head saying...WTH!

17th - 89.3kg

Better but not back to where I was.

24th - 87.2

:-O Okaaaay. Yey! Whatever. But if you check out my chart it’s not the first time. If I had logged more than once a week it would look like a set of little IMG_0781.jpgski jumps. Just learning to ride the waves :-)

Also remembered I kept a copy of this. Source was a VSG forum elsewhere. Has helped me with perspective!
IMG_0782.jpg

36 minutes ago, BrighterSide said:

Also remembered I kept a copy of this. Source was a VSG forum elsewhere. Has helped me with perspective!
IMG_0782.jpg

I wouldn’t go by this at all. I’ve lost WAYYY more than 25-35 in 3 months.

Yeah I agree that's very low numbers I guess it makes some people feel more secure