Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@jennigurl23 it depends on a few things, your BMI how much weight you need to lose? But most will tell you the RNY is more effective, more restrictive, it changes your metabolism and your internal gastric system...

Most studies will show RNY better overall loss and better management of type 2diabetes... But you will need to be on more Vitamins than sleeve.. but it also helps with reflux or gerd...

Surgery was February 4th, 2019 and I’ve lost 62 lbs in all. I had to do the liver shrinking diet and lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks prior... starting weight before liver shrinking diet was 240 at 5 , 4” had RNY because of hernia and awful acid reflux.. been to counseling and following plan like a trooper , just worried that I am able to fill up that little pouch.. doesn’t mean I will, I just feel no discomfort and was expecting more..nice to feel so good though, and I am determined to make this work.. reminding myself the surgery was a TOOL.. a tool I must use... no miracle , well, maybe I can make my own miracle... NO!!! I WILL make my own miracle... this is an excellent place for support .

29 minutes ago, Carrot64 said:

Surgery was February 4th, 2019 and I’ve lost 62 lbs in all. I had to do the liver shrinking diet and lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks prior... starting weight before liver shrinking diet was 240 at 5 , 4” had RNY because of hernia and awful acid reflux.. been to counseling and following plan like a trooper , just worried that I am able to fill up that little pouch.. doesn’t mean I will, I just feel no discomfort and was expecting more..nice to feel so good though, and I am determined to make this work.. reminding myself the surgery was a TOOL.. a tool I must use... no miracle , well, maybe I can make my own miracle... NO!!! I WILL make my own miracle... this is an excellent place for support .

Very nice.

RNY September 5th 2018*8,5 months ago
HW 365+ pounds October 2017
Loss of 150 pounds
SW 319
Loss of 104 pounds
Current Weight 215 pounds on May 10th 2019
High Size 28'30W
Current Size 20W getting ready to transition to 18s
Bariatric Team -200 pounds Goal
My Goal 175/size 15 Junior
Current Age---73 years 4 months. and. 17 days
D..O..B December 26th 1945
Results Look Good---Journey there has been VERY BUMPY!!!
You're doing great. I am almost 64 and need RNY REVISION SURGERY after my sleeve surgery 2.5 years ago.

HW 318
SW 287
CW 225
I have gone down to 199.8 and then started gaining weight again.
I never had a problem eating even a whole sandwich.
I drink constantly and now crave things I never ate before.
Chips, icecream and just junk.
Grrrr, salt intake is way too high seems like I can't get enough.
My reflux has become so much worse than it was before I started.
It's crazy.
Now waiting approval for the RNY revision surgery from my 2 insurance companies.
I am absolutely miserable and can't wait for the approval and surgery date.
I'm concerned about the surgery but I know I have to have it.
Good luck
Allie in SC

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations on your journey and weight loss.
I also had a hernia repair when I had my sleeve surgery and it was back almost immediately.
Waiting for approval from my insurance companies for the RNY revision surgery.
My reflux is awful.
Allie in SC

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

7 months out lost 141lbs so far, but my starting weight was about 452lbs so I want to lose 80-100 more ☺️

On 05/11/2019 at 08:16, allies journey said:

Mousecat88,

Awesome results. Any tips for those of us who are waiting approval for the RNY??

Allie in SC

Hi. We are surgery twins! I’m down about 22 lbs since surgery. Looks like we’re losing at the same rate too.