Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where am I going wrong?

Not quite beat ... but I’m on the prowl for any signs of it returning and attend a melanoma clinic every 3 months ... 😊

Please do, you are too good and sweet and getting successful at this Weight Loss. game we all are in. I will not willingly sacrifice you to the Cancer God,, he already marked you, he will not have any more of you. I will hit him with a bolt of Righteous Indignation is He Tries!

so... I upped my cals to closer to 800 (I've been 500 or less for the past week) and low and behold I lost 0.5-0.7lbs this morning... this is such a crazy mind-f**k of a roller-coaster.

I can't work out what my perfect food day should look like ... I will need another 85 cals of Protein for this evening just to get the protein right so I'm going to have some king prawns with ACV.... about 70 cals and 16g of protein ... yum!

674154781_Screenshot2019-04-2314_24_27.thumb.png.5199edbe9fe703bad3d580d824deb330.png 457001778_Screenshot2019-04-2314_28_40.thumb.png.776ee8c9074d4858df2bb161a7683a25.png

Yum, your menu looks and sounds divine! Yes it's a total mind f**k!!! LOL. You are rockin' it girl!!!

So... I attended my first party yesterday - an 80th birthday party! Lots of nibbles, birthday cake, party food flowing all afternoon... surprisingly, I was so strict with myself!! I had about 1.5 glasses of Bollinger (first alcohol since October) a piece of parmesan and 2 slices of meat - one chicken and one ham. I had to sneak the birthday cake into my bag and then throw it away when I got home... I ate when I got home - 75g prawns, 30g of avocado, 40g cucumber, 1 scallion, 2 cherry tomatoes, cup of watercress a bit of garlic, chilli and some ACV... and this morning I've lost .9lbs!! Unbelievable! I was convinced that the champagne would have done some serious damage.

I'm arranging to see a nutritionist again - a different one this time who I hope thinks outside the box on trying to figure out what I can do to make the journey less rigid... I was also thinking of going back to my diet when I lost weight on Atkins... I was down to 5g/10g of carbs and that was successful for me... but eating at that rate isn't really practical long term... but keeping to 20g carbs which is what I'm on at the moment means I can add bits of veg onto my plate and keep that cup of hot chocolate in the evening... although I'm noticing that I don't want it every night at the moment which is fantastic!!

My head witch doesn't think I have BED anymore although I'm not convinced. She went through the BED test with me and for the moment it does look like I'm not in that place right now... she said the stats for BED after surgery were that 50% of BED folk pre-surgery didn't have it after surgery. Please god that I'm one of the 50%!

I'm feeling super charged this morning! I have one more hurdle to face tomorrow as it's another birthday event - this time lunch at a local lovely restaurant... I will have half a glass of wine and hopefully something simple from the menu like grilled chicken and salad... fingers crossed I make it! :)

Just had a very successful baking session this morning ... cooked my first egg loaf or cloud bread or oopsy bread - it seems to have lots of names and versions on google... I used 2 eggs, 2oz cream cheese, 1oz mozzarella, 2tablespoons melted butter... baked in oven for 15 mins - perfect and SO filling... I can only eat half a portion ... let’s see what impact it has on the scales tomorrow!! 🥺

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

And one portion is 216cals but I could only manage half a portion

I'm not complaining at all, but I'm completely confused about the behaviour of my metabolism this last week!! I've lost 3.1lbs!! And that's even when I've had half a champagne flute of champagne on Friday at an 80th birthday party and about 1.5 glasses of sauvignon blanc (maybe closer to 2 glasses) yesterday at an 80th lunch!! When I got home last night I was feeling quite tipsy, so I ate some king prawns marinated in parsley & garlic and some low fat grated cheese - splashed some ACV over it! Thank goodness I reached for the foods on my plan! Was given another piece of birthday cake to take home which I will throw away today. I didn't even hanker over the cake last night!

My food choices at the lunch were great - I had 2 oysters for a starter and then a simple, but juicy thick piece of cod (maybe about 3 or 4oz) and just some lettuce leaves - I hardly ate any lettuce as I was stuffed.

And... I wore a skirt!! first time of wearing a skirt for 6 years!

I really wish I understood my metabolism better... thank you all for your amazing support. :)

2 hours ago, Alpaca55 said:

And that's even when I've had half a champagne flute of champagne on Friday at an 80th birthday party and about 1.5 glasses of sauvignon blanc (maybe closer to 2 glasses) yesterday at an 80th lunch!! When I got home last night I was feeling quite tipsy, so I ate some king prawns marinated in parsley & garlic and some low fat grated cheese - splashed some ACV over it!

Why is this so surprising? The calorie count of the items you listed is by far not enough to have a big impact on a whole week's deficit if the deficits is really aggressive (and it usually is on this board), let alone cancel it out.

4 hours ago, Alpaca55 said:

I'm not complaining at all, but I'm completely confused about the behaviour of my metabolism this last week!! I've lost 3.1lbs!! And that's even when I've had half a champagne flute of champagne on Friday at an 80th birthday party and about 1.5 glasses of sauvignon blanc (maybe closer to 2 glasses) yesterday at an 80th lunch!! When I got home last night I was feeling quite tipsy, so I ate some king prawns marinated in parsley & garlic and some low fat grated cheese - splashed some ACV over it! Thank goodness I reached for the foods on my plan! Was given another piece of birthday cake to take home which I will throw away today. I didn't even hanker over the cake last night!

My food choices at the lunch were great - I had 2 oysters for a starter and then a simple, but juicy thick piece of cod (maybe about 3 or 4oz) and just some lettuce leaves - I hardly ate any lettuce as I was stuffed.

And... I wore a skirt!! first time of wearing a skirt for 6 years!

I really wish I understood my metabolism better... thank you all for your amazing support. :)

I’m not going to slam this board or judge how people work their plans. To each their own. Do what works for you.

You’re doing fantastic!

Dialing in your plan takes time. You are upping your calories and getting results. All surgeons’ instructions vary. At Six months out with the sleeve, I was at 900 to 1000 calories. Find your range that works with your body physiology and your health issues. When in doubt, ask your team.

It can be a slow but moving road. Bodies in pain or otherwise under attack want fat reserves. Very little research on WLS with Comoros conditions Know it has been done and one can choose not to be average. We are the exception

I’m really excited for your loss!! I was in the same boat, scared to death to up my calories when my nut told me to. It took me days to try because basically I was basing my info on what I read on here and not taking HER advice. The very professional I was paying to lead me through this . She thought my body was in starvation mode at my very low calories. Same. When I upped them I started seeing results . At the moment I’m not seeing those drops and I think I’m too early to already be in maintenance so I’m taking a hard look again to see what can be tweaked . Again, congratulations and enjoy celebrating again today👍🏻