Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I didn't realize when I lost weight that _____

Do you people treat you all differently? I wonder if you are no longer invisible.

Yes, it evens out. I was always either very visible or invisible. Now I get roughly the same amount of casual attention as everyone else, unless I aim to be more or less visible.

The baseline’s changed, and now I’m actually in control of how visible I am, whereas before other people kind of decided that for me.

Being so cold all of the time.

Before surgery, I was that girl who was always complaining about how hot it was.
I swear I could’ve broken a sweat in a snowstorm.

Now the moment it gets below 72 degrees I’m putting on a second layer of clothing.

I didn't realise when I lost weight that ________

• I would feel confident about how I look
  • That I could easily walk/run a 4km charity walk
  • That I would be so cold all the time!!! It's coming into winter here in Australia and I am absolutely frozen
  • That people would be so interested in my weight. People at my work who I barely know comment all the time (it's annoying)
  • How little interest I would have in eating the cakes I bake (I have a small side business baking cakes to sell)
  • How good it feels to wear a size M rather than 2X or 3X.
  • How sexy my fiance now finds me. He's always loved me no matter what size I was, but now he can barely keep his hands off me (not that I'm complaining 😄)

I didn't realize when I lost weight that ________

I would be hungry. Like really hungry... because I am

And like a normal weight person, I don't have to feel ashamed about it.

(I think we are often conditioned to feel shame about eating as if you shouldn't need to. If we are overweight, obviously we've had enough for a lifetime and real hunger isn't a real thing for us, we only emotionally eat, but no one else is treated this way. Other people eat when emotional and hungry as well. It *feels* like a prejudice only we as a population face.)

So so right, and our Detractors seem to feel Heaven gave them express permission to act in this manner.
This is why it hurt me so badly that a person I had thought my friend said to me" Because you insisted on pushing yourself to the head of the line,younger more deserving people lost their chance for Bariatric Surgery!"
I cried and cried, not in front of her but when I got home. I never wanted anyone or anything to suffer pain because of me. I would save all the cats and dogs of the world if I only had the funds to do so.

I'd have to move my car seat up. My ample behind was pushing me forward. Now that it's going away, my seat started to feel uncomfortable - and I figured out I was just a touch too far away from the pedals.

I had a really weird one come up last week. I've never had large breasts and like many, they shrank with the weight loss. My bra size before was 40B. Up to this point I've just purchased Tshirt bras at Walmart that come in small medium large sizing. I decided I needed a nice padded, pushup bra to fill out my dress for a wedding coming up this weekend so I headed to Victoria's Secret and requested a measuring. She measured me at 32D.

32D. D cup. Whaaaaaat?? I barely have a handful there, how the hell am I a D cup? She explained that when the band size gets smaller that the cup sizes change. I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around that kind of "bra math".

On 5/20/2019 at 6:39 AM, KCgirl061 said:

I had a really weird one come up last week. I've never had large breasts and like many, they shrank with the weight loss. My bra size before was 40B. Up to this point I've just purchased Tshirt bras at Walmart that come in small medium large sizing. I decided I needed a nice padded, pushup bra to fill out my dress for a wedding coming up this weekend so I headed to Victoria's Secret and requested a measuring. She measured me at 32D.

32D. D cup. Whaaaaaat?? I barely have a handful there, how the hell am I a D cup? She explained that when the band size gets smaller that the cup sizes change. I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around that kind of "bra math".

Listennnnnnn

Victoria's Secrets is a hot mess for bra sizing. I went in and was sized as a 36/38C...

I'm a D.

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

Listennnnnnn

Victoria's Secrets is a hot mess for bra sizing. I went in and was sized as a 36/38C...

I'm a D.

Bra sizing itself is a serious hot mess, no matter where I go it seems. Nothing is ever consistent. I couldn't tell you what size I am now, only that my bras are all too big and I'm dreading going out to replace them.

I thik I am a 42C down from a 48DD, but like you gals say, it ALL depends on where I go to get sized, seems like mostly it is Internet and that's all A GUESS BY GOSH undertaking.

And my feet have not Shortened as much as I can tell, but they sure have narrowed, going to have to get some to wear with my panty hose. And I have enough panty hose to last me for awhile, see I used to buy Just My Size in 4X than have to put another pair of panties on to keep them from sliding down, now all of my 3X and the 4X pull right up smoothly. I also have some still in packages, a lady was practically giving them away, her obese Mummy had gone bouncing off to Heaven, she was maybe a size 8 or 10, said if I didn't TAKE THEM ALL she was going to stuff Teddy Bears with them, well I DO ❤ME A BARGAIN so I took them. They're from a Portly Princess store I have never shopped, pink, forest green as well as the normal shades from sustain through top and all the way to sheer and not-sheer black. Marked 6 through 8X, maybe they will run smaller like the Goofy Bra Fixings. IPS, I pray So!

And Happy Happy JoyJoy,i just bought my first 2 pairs of Jeggings, used to feel sad when Fluffy Chic talked about hers, when you are both talk and wide they are near IMPOSSIBLE to find. One is black, the other is a navy, almost midnight blue. Lived too doggone years with the Late Lamented, 44 of them, next Social Security pay June 3rd, this slenderered puppy is buying bright shades and prints. I am gonna Rock This as long as I don't lose my balance and fall backwards. And that is another When I lost weight I didn't know_____. Your center of balance changes when you have lost your Hubba Hubba Hiiney and/or your Garbage Gut. But HELLO HELLO normalizED sizing, teetering on brink of 18 after much life at 28-30W, and the stock of wearable nice clothing has EXPLODED. NOW to have enough money to afford THEM ALL, Goodwill and St Vincent DePaul stores , even Volunteers of America, that thundering sound is ME running TOWARDS YOU!

Congratulations!! What an awesome feeling! Shopping is a ridiculously fun experience now!!