Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I didn't realize when I lost weight that _____

And I am following a little ways behind you, 30w,28w, 26w, 24w, 22w and teetering now on the brink of 18. And I never thought when I lost weight - that I actually could do it! Sure I'd heard the stories, read the pamphlets, even said" Do it Do it "to my surgeon but thought I would lose a tiny bit and then stall into maintainance. After all, I was 2 or 3 times as old as the younger patients, could an old body be taught new tricks? But by golly it is happening for ME, 2 people did not recognize me, one thought I might be my cousin, and I got 3 wolf- whistles. Yeah most females want to slap the whistler silly, I'm gratified, at least for a little while. Better than the little brat who came up to me in the store, asked me if I were fat, a woman or just ugly? I wanted so bad to tell him to go play in traffic but thought some of his family might hear, of course they should have been supervising the little darling, amazing how many people turn their kids loose like that! Don't they remember what happened to Adam Walsh and the others? I NEVER turned mine loose, I went through too much sorrow and pain to be flippant about responsibilities. Rant has concluded, but sometimes things are not better than they once were!

On 4/26/2019 at 12:08 PM, Sophie7713 said:

Will I need a size 8 someday? No way! Is that even possible. Oh boy.

It's entirely possible! I started out a size 18 and my goal was to get to size 8. I just bought a pair of size 4 capris and need belts to hold up my size 6s!

Okay I'm just going to come out and say it:

I DIDN'T REALIZE HOW MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE SEX WOULD BE!!

oooh you horney little puppy, you! I salute you for cutting right to the chase! May you rock your world as well as that of your Lovers!!!👍😛

On 4/26/2019 at 1:08 PM, Sophie7713 said:

I didn't realize that when I lost weight...

That I would be so inclined to purchase 5 pairs of the same affordable, Jones New York Lexington Bermuda white shorts (we can wear white here all year around) in decreasing sizes. I started out with size 18 in February. Dropped into a size 16 by March. This April - I am now wearing size 14. Size 12 by late May? Maybe settle into a sound size 10 by June or July? At any size, I really like the tailored jean fit and feel. Goes with everything in my revolving wardrobe. You might want to check them out. Purchased at our Dillard's store here.

Will I need a size 8 someday? No way! Is that even possible. Oh boy.

Silly, I know, but I always liked looking nice before surgery even in sizes 2X or 3X... AND, I am absolutely elated like Greentealael to Celebrate regular size labels again!!! It is a euphoric moment.

And, by the way ladies - Guess who tried to pick me up yesterday morning... My hubby! I had laughed when I read earlier posts and thought to myself - I don't think mild manner Robert the engineer would ever try to pick me up. But he did. I kid you not, he wrapped his arms around my mid-section and attempted to lift up! Not realizing a hug was turning into a gymnastic routine, a resounding big OOCH came from my mouth. It really hurt. My ribs and back were sore all day. Understanding he didn't mean to crush me - I said, maybe will use bubble wrap protection the next time.

So, definitely, another thing I didn't realize when I lost weight... A new HE MAN thing would emerge. ;]

@sideeye @sillykitty @Orchids&Dragons

Ok so we are confirming that this is a thing now...

💜CONGRATULATIONS BTW💜

Edited by GreenTealael

2 hours ago, KCgirl061 said:

Okay I'm just going to come out and say it:

I DIDN'T REALIZE HOW MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE SEX WOULD BE!!

🎠🌈🎢🎪🎡🌈🎠🎡🎢🎪🌈🎢🎡🎠🌈🎢🎡🎠

Edited by GreenTealael

Ooooo la la!

I didn’t realize when I lost weight that—————

I would be cold all the time. Right now it’s in the 70s and I’ve got a long sleeve t shirt and a sweatshirt on.

How many people who have not had surgery and have never taken any nutrition classes know everything about what I am and am not allowed to eat.

How much my bones would stick out.

How bad my butt and tailbone hurt after only setting for 10 minutes.

6 hours ago, kimberlymi said:

I didn’t realize when I lost weight that—————

• How cold I get
  • Needing a pillow between my knees when sleeping
  • My tailbone would hurt
  • Sitting on a hard surface would hurt
  • Realizing I bought a lot of clothes when I was heavy (All given away)
  • The amount of money I spent eating out 3-4 times a week
  • I'd look so much younger. My kid brother (10 yrs younger) used to introduce me as his Father and people believed it. Now when he does it people tell him how can he be your Father, he looks younger than you.
  • How much I took good health for granted, now I cherish it.

I didn't realize when I lost weight that ______:
  • I'd be sooooo cold aaaaallll the time...I wear a jacket and socks at hot yoga for fricks sakes (though, I now own an impressive collection of woollen socks)
  • other people would be more obsessed with my weight loss than I am (which is saying a lot, i'm pretty obsessive). It dominates the conversation and I find it increasingly annoying.
  • I would end up loooooving to cook and prepare meals that I don't even eat. I am now one of those people who instagram painstakingly-plated dishes of food.
  • that I would develop an all-consuming fixation on pooping (or not pooping).
What's your ig name.. I wanna see some post op dishes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using BariatricPal mobile app

14 hours ago, big_ange said:

What's your ig name.. I wanna see some post op dishes

IG account: cucuBungaBirdCooks

https://www.instagram.com/cucubungabirdcooks/

Ok, so I had been meaning for a long time to create a separate IG account for just my food pics, and your post motivated me to finally make one. So I just did this morning! Lol.

I had at first planned to copy all my previous posts to the new account, but that got tedious, so I stopped. There are a few of them there though, so good enough, I figure ;) . Going forward, I'll just post new ones :)

** note that the food on here is almost 99% for the fam, and I don't eat it (I don't even taste test them most of the time, I just get Mr. or the Kid to taste for me). When I get to maintenance I hope to start posting/making more pics of food that I would actually eat...hopefully that will be sooner rather than later!

IG account: cucuBungaBirdCooks
https://www.instagram.com/cucubungabirdcooks/
Ok, so I had been meaning for a long time to create a separate IG account for just my food pics, and your post motivated me to finally make one. So I just did this morning! Lol.
I had at first planned to copy all my previous posts to the new account, but that got tedious, so I stopped. There are a few of them there though, so good enough, I figure [emoji6] . Going forward, I'll just post new ones [emoji4]
** note that the food on here is almost 99% for the fam, and I don't eat it (I don't even taste test them most of the time, I just get Mr. or the Kid to taste for me). When I get to maintenance I hope to start posting/making more pics of food that I would actually eat...hopefully that will be sooner rather than later!
I'm glad rhat you posted them.. I'm enjoying your pictures.... your dishes look great.. I'm gonna have to make that seared tuna one for sure... I'm still in pre-op.. I just want this summer to end and boom I go under

My wife and I used to keep the house thermostat at 66 year round. Everyone that would come to our house would complain it was like a meat locker. Now I freeze to death at anything lower than 71.

Yeah I know just exactly what you are going through. How is your Iron levels? A couple times I have complainee and my blood tests show I am anemic enough to require an Iron INFUSION.

I didn’t realize when I lost weight........

How people would react. I Surprised my 87 year old mother for Mother’s Day, we live out of town so hadn’t seen my family since Christmas and my mom literally stumbled backwards and fell into a chair! Then proceeded to tell me she wanted to buy all the cloths I had on for herself! I told my husband maybe not a good idea to surprise her anymore!
My sister kept saying she didn’t know who I was and kept taking pictures on the sly and sending them to a friend of ours so she could see how I looked now! The whole experience was kind of unsettling to me I really wasn’t prepared for that and made me really uncomfortable..........