Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I didn't realize when I lost weight that _____

A gree and now with the rolls etc gone I have a neck like a tortoise or 🐢. I'm sure the last time I was this weight I didn't look like this, but maybe the memory had faded, it was a LONG TIME AGO!

1 hour ago, Frustr8 said:

Well the books said so, but isn't it neat to find out out for yourself! LOL and cheering you on!😝

They were hiding under my fat. Couldn’t see them or feel them before weight loss. 😄

I didn't realize when I lost weight that ...

People would no longer recognize me. It's led to a lot of awkward personal and professional interactions.

4 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

I didn't realize when I lost weight that ...

People would no longer recognize me. It's led to a lot of awkward personal and professional interactions.

((HUGS)) I refer you to the meme in the WLS funnies that say "You mean you can see me?"

Your situation has got to be hard!!! How do you handle it?

that I would develop an all-consuming fixation on pooping (or not pooping). I HAVE A NECK did you know i have ribs and hip bones as well i have a chin as well and yes the tail bone hurts

The poop thing has me cracking up.... I'm like... oh crap... it's been 3 days... time for the MoM. Or, "I'll weigh myself after I pooped today". It makes a difference, I swear. lolol.

I have to say crossing my legs easily. Before I had to hold them together uncomfortably and they just lay over eachother now.
I love seeing my bones in my neckline(clavicle) and this May sound gross but I like it that I can feel my whole spine!!
Loose skin is ugh but I can totally get over that.
My girls are like deflated Water balloons but my goal is to get to my goal and keep it off for a solid year and then gift myself a boob lift and new boobs.
I am 12 pounds from goal!!!

I didn’t expect to grow hard lumps. Felt my upper arm, really sizeable nasty lump...that turned out to be my bicep [emoji854] Did the same with a hip bone about a week later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh.. hard chairs hurt the bum.

I can get closer to 'things' (use your imagination here).

Space between me and the steering wheel, kitchen sink, etc seem ginormous. I stand up straighter, feel taller. Still can't judge my clothing size accurately yet.

BTW, Healthy Life 2 - How exciting!!! You are three pounds away from your goal! Congratulations a head of time...

Something I didn't realize nor expect as I've lost weight is the opposite sex taking a second glance. Even my very handsome dentist was extremely complimentary of my appearance yesterday. It's nice when others are now looking at you positively and not at all the baggage once carried! One gentlemen at Earth Fare asked me out for drinks at the fresh nut bins. I wonder if hubby is becoming concerned? Haha.

A BIG smile at Ms.SSS comments!!! Oh boy - what's life come too when at bowel movement ROCKS our day! But it's true. Waking up in the morning... Could this be the day?

I've had to re-set my memory button for car seat and a lowered steering wheel. That gigantic tummy is just no longer in the way! Not to mention, I no longer roll out of the car BUT actually show some degree of poise exiting the sports car model. ;]

AND, who knew I'd ever touch the likes of swordfish, sea bass, cod or any other swimming creature for the matter! BUT you'd be proud... this solely rich meat (especially prime rib, NY strip, pork chop or pot roast... yeah baby!) and Potato girl said for lunch out yesterday, "I'll take the grilled shrimp over mixed spring greens, please". A totally new snap shot from past requests for a BLT or grilled roast beef sandwich. Just imagine I thought I was making really good strides toward healthy eating by asking for mayo on the side and multigrain bread.

At the doctor's office - the blood pressure cuff no longer feels like it is going to explode my arm off (ouch, that use to really hurt) and they could actually find my vein to draw blood. Getting up on that high examination table, no problem.

I actually wore a form fitting, clingy dress (a leopard print to boot)! VS. the old sack cloth like neutral, cotton or linen ho hum stand by's. My very cool jean jacket with said leopard dress - Now a size 10 not a 2X.

What a great topic. Just too many to mention... Fun!

Oh I have another!!
Just had my well woman and I wasn’t afraid to pop on that scale!!!

Yes, the "hurts to sit on a hard chair" thing. And the knees knocking together when I sleep on my side. Those are so true. It's been a few years now post-op and it's finally gotten better.

I'm also surprised the day after a lot of walking that I get up and feel normal, not all weak and sore. I actually like walking, and will walk extra blocks just for fun instead of taking the bus to the closest stop!! Who knew???

I thought of another one today! My armpits used to be fleshy and easy to shave. Now they're all concave and I struggle to get all the hair with the razor!

I didn't realize when I lost weight that ______

One sketchy twist and it feels like I may dislocate my hip

Other people cared so much about my weight 😳😶

Edited by GreenTealael