Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I didn't realize when I lost weight that _____

I would always see commercials for pillows and stuff where people are trying to get comfortable shoving a pillow between their knees. I'd chuckle to myself and say "who needs pillows between their knees?! That's weird!" Now thin me can't sleep on my side. Why? Because my knees bang together and hurt! I'm totally one of those people now that need some weird fancy pillow to put between my legs!

I also want to carry an inflatable donut around because I lost all my padding and my tailbone hurts sitting on a lot of chairs. Time to start a squat challenge and build up some glutes!

What has surprised you about your new body?

sleeping on the side seems to the be quite common, I can't sleep on the side without a piece of my blanket between my knees.

To this day, when I take public transportation, I still tend to retract into my seat when someone sits besides me because unconsciously I still think I take a seat and a half on my own, which is not the case anymore, I must just seem very antipathic somehow :x

And the only "bad" thing about the after-surgery body is how cold I always am. Winter has become a true enemy of mine, I wear layers and layers of clothes, scarves, gloves, and yet, I am always shivering when the temperature reaches below 10°c... Which is quite unfortunate since Belgium is not the warmest place on earth!

1 minute ago, BelgianGuy said:

sleeping on the side seems to the be quite common, I can't sleep on the side without a piece of my blanket between my knees.

To this day, when I take public transportation, I still tend to retract into my seat when someone sits besides me because unconsciously I still think I take a seat and a half on my own, which is not the case anymore, I must just seem very antipathic somehow :x

And the only "bad" thing about the after-surgery body is how cold I always am. Winter has become a true enemy of mine, I wear layers and layers of clothes, scarves, gloves, and yet, I am always shivering when the temperature reaches below 10°c... Which is quite unfortunate since Belgium is not the warmest place on earth!

Im FREEZING all the time! Can't wait for summer to get here!

I didn't realize when I lost weight that ______

My ribs would hurt if i leaned on them/something for too long 😭

Edited by GreenTealael

I didn't realize when I lost weight that ______:

• I'd be sooooo cold aaaaallll the time...I wear a jacket and socks at hot yoga for fricks sakes (though, I now own an impressive collection of woollen socks)
  • other people would be more obsessed with my weight loss than I am (which is saying a lot, i'm pretty obsessive). It dominates the conversation and I find it increasingly annoying.
  • I would end up loooooving to cook and prepare meals that I don't even eat. I am now one of those people who instagram painstakingly-plated dishes of food.
  • that I would develop an all-consuming fixation on pooping (or not pooping).

3 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

that I would develop an all-consuming fixation on pooping (or not pooping).

Oh I feel you! There is nothing more satisfying now... right?!

4 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I didn't realize when I lost weight that ______

My ribs would hurt if i leaned on them/something for too long 😭

Haven't had that issue.... yet!

16 minutes ago, KCgirl061 said:

IKR?!!!!

I didn't realize I would take SUCH joy on seeing a number on a scale. I NEVER once imagined I would ever see these numbers!

I didn't realize I would ever become a fashion slave. I LOVE clothes. I ADORE shopping at Goodwill for SIZE 8s!! (Am I yelling? Cuz it feels like I am!)

I never realized I would feel confident and "great" in my outfits!!!

22 minutes ago, KCgirl061 said:

omg I had (a long-awaited) one this morning, and I feel so chill now that I will likely ride this poop high for a couple days :)

Having been very thin in my past, I didn't realize how much being obese had changed the way I function day to day. I think the biggest thing I've noticed is that I can cross my legs. I forgot that that is a totally normal thing people can do and I hadn't been able to in a few years. I cross my legs all the time now just because I can. LOL

7 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

I cross my legs all the time now just because I can. LOL

ME TOO!!

My "I didn't realize" was that I would lose so much of my face. I expected body and skin loose places, after all I had been increasingly obese over the years, but my cute puppy face has become more like an aged bloodhound, and somehow i don't expect a call from Search and Rescue in the the near future to find anyone. I think my skin tone is off, Tomkitten says " Mama, you're still as beautiful as ? ever!" Of course at his last opthamology appointment they did fit him with his first pair of glasses, so maybe I can't trust his assessment? But I'm keeping on, muttering under my breath " It is what it is!" So far only a few assorted children run at the sight of ,,, me and maybe I didn't want to be friends with them anyway! 👶👦👧😝🍀

Feeling bones that I never knew I had. Who knew I had a sternum and clavicles

Sent from my SM-G920T using BariatricPal mobile app

Well the books said so, but isn't it neat to find out out for yourself! LOL and cheering you on!😝

• I didn't realize when I lost weight that ------my tailbone would hurt so much! Lost all of my booty!!
  • Also agree with ms. sss, everyone is obsessed with my weight loss. I've heard, they can see my clavicle, sternum, hip bones etc. My mom is concerned because she can see my jaw. Yes, I said my jaw! Could it be at 232 lbs you couldn't see my jaw, due to the double chin!!! It's funny but also annoying.