Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Sleeve Surgeries!! 2019

Hope you get well soon and recover quickly from your surgery! My surgery is on Monday, April 22nd in New York City.

I’m from NYC and I had my VGS on April 8. I ain’t gonnah lie my stomach was hurting, I guess it was stomach gas pain. I didn’t fell pain from the incisions. The two days and night I stood at hospital I had horrible nausea that I would make the motion of a person vomiting but nothing came out. That motion would make my stomach hurt. Them doctors must have given me pain medicine threw IV 10 times. When I tell you your stomach gas pain hit you, they hit hard. One nurse was taking my blood pressure at same time I started getting stomach gas pain. My blood pressure went up fast to 256. I told her it’s because if they pain. She waited until the pain finish and took blood pressure again and it went down to 106. I also remember them giving me a lot of nausea medicine but then suckers didn’t work. So they used a different one and that was God sent. The people who got same surgery as me and my aunt, none of us left home on the second day. We all stayed and left the third day cause them pains were intense. But when I got home the pain was nearly gone. I feel much better don’t get a nauseas as before. But man I did have a lot of phlegm. The whole two days I arrived home I was spitting phlegm Filled up a whole cup. But today I haven’t spit phlegm so that’s good. It gets better as the days go bye. Oh and I am able to drink Water from the little cups they gave more frequently. I know some people get nervous when they are about to get put under for surgery. Can’t lie I was a little worried, but man I was so sleepy that my worries left me and I told the surgery people to just knock me out because I’m about to knock out myself since I’m so sleepy. Anyway I pray both your surgeries go well and successfully. That you have a great recovery. And if it hurts ask for them pain meds cause they help.

I’m from NYC and I had my VGS on April 8. I ain’t gonnah lie my stomach was hurting, I guess it was stomach gas pain. I didn’t fell pain from the incisions. The two days and night I stood at hospital I had horrible nausea that I would make the motion of a person vomiting but nothing came out. That motion would make my stomach hurt. Them doctors must have given me pain medicine threw IV 10 times. When I tell you your stomach gas pain hit you, they hit hard. One nurse was taking my blood pressure at same time I started getting stomach gas pain. My blood pressure went up fast to 256. I told her it’s because if they pain. She waited until the pain finish and took blood pressure again and it went down to 106. I also remember them giving me a lot of nausea medicine but then suckers didn’t work. So they used a different one and that was God sent. The people who got same surgery as me and my aunt, none of us left home on the second day. We all stayed and left the third day cause them pains were intense. But when I got home the pain was nearly gone. I feel much better don’t get a nauseas as before. But man I did have a lot of phlegm. The whole two days I arrived home I was spitting phlegm Filled up a whole cup. But today I haven’t spit phlegm so that’s good. It gets better as the days go bye. Oh and I am able to drink Water from the little cups they gave more frequently. I know some people get nervous when they are about to get put under for surgery. Can’t lie I was a little worried, but man I was so sleepy that my worries left me and I told the surgery people to just knock me out because I’m about to knock out myself since I’m so sleepy. Anyway I pray both your surgeries go well and successfully. That you have a great recovery. And if it hurts ask for them pain meds cause they help.
I want to thank you for the information. I pray that I don't get nauseated. I hear a lot about the gas pains while at the hospital. Do you know if they would allow me to take Gas X chewables at the hospital? I am concerned about the pain. How do you get out of bed with the incision not healed?

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

Wilsntomas truth fully I’m not sure, because all they gave us to eat was sugar free Jello, some broth Soups, hot Water if we wanted to drink tea. My aunt has high blood pressure and they didn’t let her take her medicine the day or her surgery, they injected her the blood pressure medication. You can always bring them with you on surgery day, before you go into surgery your doctor will come talk to you and have to sign papers. So while he visit you you can show him the pills you have, and ask if you are able to take them. If not then your stuck with asking them to give you them nausea meds thru IV.