Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GASTRIC SLEEVE AT 200 POUNDS?? RESULTS?

Hi Guys!

Can any of you share your experience from getting sleeved at a lower weight? My Surgery is May4th and I am nervous and am wondering if I will even lose. Can someone please tell me their experience? How were their losses? How long did it take to lose? Where are you now?

You will be fine and everyone loses at a different rate, so don't get hung up on big numbers or get discouraged during stalls. Stalls are your body adjusting to the process.

I think I was 207 lbs 1 month before surgery. Check my ticker. Best thing I ever did for myself ever.

Mind you, I lost way slower than most. Never lost 2 digits post surgery per month ever. Ask me if I care, though? It was easy and effortless (because the surgery was my RE-set to give up all processed carbs and anything that tastes sweet.). After a year, I added in 1/2 fruit a day. I love my diet and I still can’t believe what I weigh and what I can wear and do. Happy to answer any of your questions about starting at a lower weight.

I was at 227 I was 235 when I started the process and was told not to lose any weight. I was on the lower end of qualifying. I'm 18 mos post sleeve, 6 weeks post bypass and had my bypass follow up today, I'm literally 1.6 lbs from 100 lbs down ( 136.8). I expected 60 lbs. I'm completely amazing to be where I am. But it hasn't been without complications and struggles. You'll have times were you will stall, and it's gonna be frustrating. Remember just because the numbers aren't moving, you're still losing inches. You got this.

I had mine done 24 nov 2018 and my results have been slow pre surgery 207 surgery weight was 199 now I am 165 have been trying to lose the last 10 pounds for a month , but considering it has only been 5 months and I only have 10 lbs to go I would do it again

I had mine done 24 nov 2018 and my results have been slow pre surgery 207 surgery weight was 199 now I am 165 have been trying to lose the last 10 pounds for a month , but considering it has only been 5 months and I only have 10 lbs to go I would do it again
That's great. The less you have to lose. The slower it comes off. I'm having mine late may

Sent from my SM-J727V using BariatricPal mobile app

I was at 204 surgery day. I’ve lost slowly but surely.

I wish I had done the surgery at a lower weight when I first considered it (was 230 then). Would have been at my goal by now. Just don't be discouraged if you lose slower than us heavier-starting folk.

Edited by mousecat88

I won't get discouraged. I listened to a physician on YouTube saying that there is less saggy skin issues with a lower weight. I dont care about that. I just want these excess 40lb off.

I was 187 on surgery day - as you can see from my ticker it is coming off painfully slowly. But it's better than gaining.

Wow. How much weight did u lose before the pre op diet. I'm 203 and they want me 196 for surgery. I'm not going till end of may

11 hours ago, nssmia said:

Wow. How much weight did u lose before the pre op diet. I'm 203 and they want me 196 for surgery. I'm not going till end of may

I had to do the 6 months of weigh ins before surgery, and was told not to lose anything. I just squeaked under the 35 BMI cut-off with co-morbidities. My weight fluctuated between 188-192 during the weigh-ins, then I lost a couple of pounds during the 3 day pre-op diet so it was 187 the morning of surgery.

I had to do the 6 months of weigh ins before surgery, and was told not to lose anything. I just squeaked under the 35 BMI cut-off with co-morbidities. My weight fluctuated between 188-192 during the weigh-ins, then I lost a couple of pounds during the 3 day pre-op diet so it was 187 the morning of surgery.
Thx for the info. Good luck in your journey

Sent from my SM-J727V using BariatricPal mobile app