Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeing hungry, post op week2

Hello

Brand new here. I was wondering if it’s normal to feel hungry and actually crave foods after the sleeve surgery? I was hoping my appetite would vanish like magic but I am daydreaming about all the food and then sipping Water. It’s getting frustrating and it makes me hopeless about when I am allowed to chew and eat real food that I might choose the wrong stuff.

Yes, you'll still have some hunger, although it's different post-op, more manageable. The thing that's harder to manage is the head hunger, boredom hunger, nerve hunger, psychological hunger. Mine still needs work.

It gets easier once you're able to eat yogurt, cottage cheese, mashed potatoes, refried Beans. Hang in there. It gets better for sure.

Mine was also on the 3rd and was hungry so late 1/2 cup of creamy Tomato Soup instead of 1/4 cup. I still need to learn how to slow this down to 20 to 30 minutes as not much volume there to begin with.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Me too, sleeved on April 1st. Hungry today, so,I had an extra sugar free pop cycle, very filling, lol

Thanks for all the positivity! Yes i know it will get easier.:) i will say I'm doing great after surgery, no nausea no vomiting only twice in hospital. Waking twice a day, listening to healing music. They said at my doctors that i might be able to start on soft foods early to! :) Since i'm doing so good.

I just started the pureed diet after being hungry for two weeks. After two days on it now I've found that having just that little bit of bulk is very helpful to curb cravings. Mush veggies, tuna/w pickles and last night's creamy onion Soup really does fill me up. I'm pleased with this because I was quite worried I was going to overdo it.

On 04/12/2019 at 17:55, si*******on said:

I just started the pureed diet after being hungry for two weeks. After two days on it now I've found that having just that little bit of bulk is very helpful to curb cravings. Mush veggies, tuna/w pickles and last night's creamy onion Soup really does fill me up. I'm pleased with this because I was quite worried I was going to overdo it.

Last three days until pureed state and I am counting down hours.

Just now, curtains said:

Last three days until pureed state and I am counting down hours.

I never thought a tuna smoothie would taste so good! Best of luck with your new life.

I was sleeved about 2 1/2 weeks ago and I'm a week into the pureed stage. I have a lot of times what I think is hunger, but it's the dreaded head hunger. My stomach will ache like it's hunger, but I'm sure it's still healing or dealing with the changes I'm giving it.

I'm learning to be very careful because even this early on, I'm still finding "slider" foods that are not filling me up. Just yesterday I pureed a can of New England clam chowder and ate the whole 2 cups of it. Since the potatoes and clams are not on my diet yet I felt it necessary to Ninja them up. Instead of the normal 100 calories or so that I'm getting with most pureed meat and veggies, I just got 400 in one sitting since I didn't get full. Other sliders for me have been yogurt, popsicles, and Protein Shakes.

I'm doing good with the purees, though, since I spent a lot of my first week running veggies, fruits and lean meats through the ninja and then used a food saver and froze them all flat. Works well and very healthy. Just have to be careful with other stuff, I'm finding.

Good luck to you