Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all, I am 22 months about and was getting my work up for a Tummy Tuck only to find out I’m pregnant! Besides being freaked out by the fact that I’m having a baby at 42 after a gastric sleeve.... I’m surprised and getting used to the idea. My major concern is how will this progress? At 22 months out I am still eating 4 ounces three times a day averaging about 750-900 calories has anyone gotten pregnant? Any issues?

1 hour ago, SouthernGirl76 said:

Hey all, I am 22 months about and was getting my work up for a Tummy Tuck only to find out I’m pregnant! Besides being freaked out by the fact that I’m having a baby at 42 after a gastric sleeve.... I’m surprised and getting used to the idea. My major concern is how will this progress? At 22 months out I am still eating 4 ounces three times a day averaging about 750-900 calories has anyone gotten pregnant? Any issues?

Congrats on the news. Make sure to take your Multivitamins and take supplements with dha and folic acid for the healthy development of the baby. Your OB/GYN might be able to more insight on the rest.

My cousin got pregnant at 40 for the first time after her procedure, and she had a healthy baby girl.

Talk with your Dr. Maybe you need to eat a bit more to get adequate nutrition? Maybe Snacks? Congratulations!!

Baby will need iron! But definitely discuss with your obgyn and explain your surgery

Major congrats, that is so exciting! You won't have any issues as long as you get frequent check-ups with your OBGYN and they know about your surgery. Your surgeon's office can advise if they've never had a patient who has a VSG. The recommendation is generally to wait about a year to 1.5 years after surgery to get pregnant, so you are well outside of that limit. I hope everything goes well!

Congratulations! Had my first at 40! talk with both your surgeon and your OB/GYN. make sure that baby can get what it needs

Congrats and all the best

Sent from my SM-G925T using BariatricPal mobile app

I know this post is old. I got pregnant 6 months post op from gastric sleeve surgery. I delivered a healthy girl 7/26. I still ate the same and it was fine. This is my second pregnancy and a total surprise. Didn't think I would get pregnant at all since im 40 years old and believe the baby making ship sailed long ago. My baby is now 9 weeks old, im back to eatting super healthy to catch up and get back to my regimen before pregnancy. I never had a chance to get to my goal weight but I am more determined than ever!

Congratulations your going to have an amazing time being a mom. I realized I am a better mom in my 40s than I was in my 20s.

Congrats! There are some ladies on youtube who discuss pregnancy after WLS, Don't know how useful their info is... but you might want to check it out. Honestly, I would talk with your nutritionist. I am sure s/he can guide to to what to eat to promote a healthy baby... but not ruin your WLS. Your bariatric Vitamins should have you covered as far as prenatal needs.. but your nutritionist can verify that as well.

On 4/7/2019 at 9:54 AM, SouthernGirl76 said:

congrats this is so exciting. The one thing i do know is you should make sure your OBGYN has experience with bariatric patients and pregnancy bec you do have very special needs as does your baby. So get a DR who understands the special needs of being pregnant after surgery. I am so happy for you.

For those you

On 10/2/2019 at 4:17 PM, BGrundee said:

I know this post is old. I got pregnant 6 months post op from gastric sleeve surgery. I delivered a healthy girl 7/26. I still ate the same and it was fine. This is my second pregnancy and a total surprise. Didn't think I would get pregnant at all since im 40 years old and believe the baby making ship sailed long ago. My baby is now 9 weeks old, im back to eatting super healthy to catch up and get back to my regimen before pregnancy. I never had a chance to get to my goal weight but I am more determined than ever!

Congratulations your going to have an amazing time being a mom. I realized I am a better mom in my 40s than I was in my 20s.

Did you have a normal birth or a C-section? sorry if its too personal but many say that after WLS that pregnancies end up being C-sections

On 4/8/2019 at 12:43 PM, Avery's Mom said:

Congratulations! Had my first at 40! talk with both your surgeon and your OB/GYN. make sure that baby can get what it needs

was it a normal birth or c-section?

43 minutes ago, AchieveGoals said:

For those you

Did you have a normal birth or a C-section? sorry if its too personal but many say that after WLS that pregnancies end up being C-sections

I had a c-section and our daughter was born 3 weeks earlier. I tried to push her out but it was not good for the both of us. I had Chorioamnionitis resulting in an last minute Csection...