Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dec 2018 surgery updates please

Hey everyone hope you are all doing well and dropping those pounds. I was just curious how everyone was doing that got surgery in December of 2018. I would love to hear some updates and how everything is going.

I had my surgery done by Dr. Marc Leduc. He works at the surgical weight control center in Las Vegas. I had my surgery done at Desert Springs Hospital. I had my surgery on Dec 10th 2018, so just under 4 months ago and I have lost 109 pounds so far. I'm loving the results!

I'm so jealous! I had my sleeve the day after yours and have only lost 35 pounds in 4 months. I know, I know, I started out at a lower weight and I'm a girl, but still, you're ROCKING IT! I've done well, no complications, no problems, just slow losing and some stalls, but I am hanging in there knowing that I'm doing everything I'm supposed to be doing, exercising, eating 600-800 calories and the weight will come off when it comes off.

I had the sleeve surgery 12/14 and have lost 52 pounds. No complications at all. Very pleased with my decision. My dr wants me to eat 1200 calories a day but I find that extremely hard unless I’m eating something I know I really shouldn’t. I stick to high Protein, low carb and try to get 1000-1100 calories.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, LasVegasMike said:

Hey everyone hope you are all doing well and dropping those pounds. I was just curious how everyone was doing that got surgery in December of 2018. I would love to hear some updates and how everything is going.

I had my surgery done by Dr. Marc Leduc. He works at the surgical weight control center in Las Vegas. I had my surgery done at Desert Springs Hospital. I had my surgery on Dec 10th 2018, so just under 4 months ago and I have lost 109 pounds so far. I'm loving the results!

Good morning. I had my surgery at Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, MI on December 11, 2018. I have lost 64 pounds so far.

I had the surgery 12/12, the day after GradyCat. I've lost 31 lbs. I'm currently hovering around an old set point weight. Not fun for my head, the darn scale. But I've lost a lot of inches and I've received a lot of compliments. My A1C keeps dropping and my blood pressure keeps lowering. So the goal of improving health is real. I have no regrets and am excited to see where I land ultimately.

You all are doing really well, i'm glad to hear. I eat around 800 cal. a day and close to zero carbs and i'm pretty hardcore about it. I try to do 20 to 60 min on the treadmill a few times a week. I've hit 3 or 4 peaks where i stay the same weight for a week and then the weight just drops off again. Keep up the good work everyone!

It is wonderful to read all your success stories and the mounting rewards as December 2018 sleevers! Wow.

My surgery was 12/17/2018 at NW Medical Center in Coral Springs, FL. I am currently three pounds away from onederland!!! A total of 57 pounds from 258 start weight the first of December. Usually major consecutive holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas thru New Years in the past, meant a weight gain for me. I tried to use restraint, but all the rich, high calorie "specialty foods" of the season just continued the never ending weight battle + cycle resulting in feeling more discouraged and hopeless with each passing year. :[

BUT NOT THIS New Year of 2019! I love my sleeve and so glad to have begun a new, hopeful and promising track! Does anyone else feel the same? Refreshing, right? My blood pressure and blood tests all came back healthy - And, left injured, problematic knee is much improved. Bowels have stabilized and Vitamin regime no longer causes nausea. I follow closely Dr. V and my nutritionist's recommendations for balanced nutrition with moderate exercise, at this 3 ½ month juncture.

Other aspects I am thrilled about is the ability to be satisfied with so much less volume of food. I really have not missed sugar, salt or fat laden recipes and Desserts. While I had made major changes in my diet losing 41 pounds (298 at highest point) before considering surgery last November, the sleeve just simplifies and propels me forward in getting to my healthy weight. I desire to drop another 40 pounds and feel the confidence I can now do so. Not to mention, keeping it off and maintaining a healthy weight via reduced stomach - Breaking the vicious cycle.

I have not seen the scale read under 200 pounds in over 23 years! That's a lot of baggage for this petite 5'0" frame and interior designer constantly on her feet. My clothes closet has been purged and taken to a quality consignment shoppe or Goodwill - Now shopping in regular departments for limited clothing in size large for tops and XL for slacks. Most of these sale items are quickly becoming too loose. So happy to no longer see 1X, 2X or 3X (at highest weight) on my clothing labels. Right? Excited for my size 10 and petite medium goal.

Really proud of all of us! Let's keep on sharing our victories and "all the nuances" of becoming our best physically and emotionally. None can truly appreciate nor understand this journey we embark... except for us. That makes us a pretty fabulous group of comrades. Happy spring everyone! ;]

I had surgery 12/4 and I have had zero problems. I'm down 40 lbs since surgery. I followed all of the rules the first 5 weeks - drank plenty of fluids and rested more than I ever have. I am now able to eat anything I want just in smaller quantities. I do not count carbs or calories, I just make better choices and stop eating the moment I feel any kind of fullness. I paid out of pocket for my surgery and feel like I'm trying to make long term adjustments for a lifestyle, not just the honeymoon phase of surgery. I take all of my Vitamins and my 3 month blood work was all with in normal range however I feel exhausted ALL of the time. I have lost 70 lbs in the last 8 months but I have a desk job where I sit all day. I'm wondering if it's mental exhaustion or depression. Ugh. I finally feel like me but with zero energy :(

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:47 AM, GradyCat said:

I'm so jealous! I had my sleeve the day after yours and have only lost 35 pounds in 4 months. I know, I know, I started out at a lower weight and I'm a girl, but still, you're ROCKING IT! I've done well, no complications, no problems, just slow losing and some stalls, but I am hanging in there knowing that I'm doing everything I'm supposed to be doing, exercising, eating 600-800 calories and the weight will come off when it comes off.

We are surgery twins.

I had surgery on Dec. 4th, and I am doing good. I have lost 64 pounds, but the best part is the improvement to my health. My sleep apnea is gone. My blood pressure and blood sugar levels are back in the normal range. I feel better than I have in years. I spend 3 to 4 days a week at the gym taking classes or running on the treadmill. On the bad side, my sweet cravings have returned. I feel like I am constantly craving chocolate!! I try to feed the cravings with fruit or sugar free pudding, but I fail more often than not. Learning to eat healthy is by far the hardest part of this process.