Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeve on 3/26. On surgery day, I was 327.6. At home, I was at 333, which I understood was from the IV fluids. I was on Clear for a week and now I’m on full liquids until I follow up with my surgeon on 04/08, then I start my puréed phase. So far I loss 10 lbs and I’m disappointed with the weightloss. I admit I not the best at getting my Water intake in I’m only taking 20+ oz never 64. On a typical day, I drink 2 Premier Protein, so I get 60 g of Protein and for dinner it’s some sort of soup/broth. Sometimes I eat a SF Jello or SF popsicle as a snack. I try walk atleast 5 miles throughout the day. Yet the scale isn’t moving below 316 now. I am not taking any medication now, I was on omeprazole but I don’t need it anymore. I also believe I have PCOS, which I know can affect weight loss. I’m honestly disappointed with my progress. 😫

Don't be discouraged 10 lbs in 10 days is amazing so far. Looks like you need to get in more Water. From what I've read here the weightloss will happen. Remember this is a marathon and not a sprint and everyday is one step closer to the finish line.

There's the infamous Week 3 Stall that everybody goes through so you'll hit a wall there and it won't be because of anything you've done. It just happens. But you've lost weight already and you will continue to do so.

Be patient. These stalls will happen every so often during your journey. You are doing great!

• stalls happen (most of us get our first one at about three week post-op), and rates of weight loss are all over the place depending on so many things - age, gender, starting BMI, whether or not you lost a lot of weight prior to surgery, metabolic rate, etc. Your commitment to your program will be a MUCH more significant factor in your eventual success than your rate of weight loss will. I lost 16 lbs the first month, and was a slow loser from the get-go. Yet I lost all of my excess weight, over 200 lbs. Just follow your plan and the weight will come off, whether fast or slow.

Edited by catwoman7

You probably don't want to hear this, but I think you're doing fantastic! I had surgery the day after you. I gained 10 pounds of Fluid in 3 days in the hospital, so the first 4 days at home I was working on losing the 10 pounds Water weight. Then i started losing weight for real. So, since surgery I have lost 7 pounds. I think you're on the right track, but try and get more fluids down as it helps with weight loss. Keep up the hood work!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app