Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HAVEN'T REALLY LOST ANY WEIGHT DURING TWO WEEK LIQUID DIET SURGERY IS IN TWO DAY.

Hello my name is Diana, so far I am having my surgery on April 8 at 12:30pm. So i have to get to hospital at 10:30am. Im worried only for the weigh in, because Ive read some where that if you don't loose weight in two week liquid diet then they cancel surgery. MY two week liquid diet was like this. I'll write what my paper says.

BREASKFAST: Protein Shake

LUNCH: 3 oz grilled chicken, spinach salad (tomatoes, cucumbers, red Beans and beets) + olive oil and vinegar dressing

DINNER: Protein shake

SNACKS: Greek Yogurt, sugar free apple sauce, fresh fruit (berries), whole grain crackers ( 3-4 ), sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicles sticks , carrot and celery sticks, they also said I can have sugar free/ fat free pudding. ( only had pudding twice )

beverages THROUGHOUT THE DAY: Your choice of Water, crystal light, diet Snapple, diet Gatorade, Tea or coffee ( sweetened with a sugar substitute ), fat free milk/soy milk/almond milk.

2 DAYS PRIOR TO SURGERY - CLEAR LIQUID DIET

Water, ice chips, sugar free jello, sugar free popsicles sticks, diet cranberry juice, diet Snapple, Diet Vitamin Water, Diet Gatorade-G2, Decaf tea, broth based Soup ( chicken, vegetables, beef ).

I've been following this diet because it doesn't seem hard, yes at some points i wanted to eat some rice and that tasty food im used to. Shoot the spanish ladies in church that always be cooking, we had like two birthday celebrations in church, was proud of myself for not eating the food. Only one day during first early week I ate half a slice of pizza and I didn't even finish it. because i don't really like pizza that much. I tried my very best to stay in the diet especially because I read and saw allot of videos that said that while in liquid diet if i eat carbs my liver will get big again and all the hard work was for nothing. So yeah that was my fear so sugar free popsicles sticks sure to not eat any carbs. just like how i doing during my 6 Month weigh in's.

Ill give you my stats:

Beginning weigh in for VSG was: 285 lb ..... (my highest weight before tis was 290 lb)

height: 5,6'

BMI: 46.0

I was cutting carbs such as bread, rice, Pasta, and would not eat Snacks like i used to. I would get a small snack once a week and like every 2-3 weeks would have some type pf carb. shot i was really proud of myself in thanksgiving during 6 month weight lose. only carb i ate that day and not a lot, it was my moms baked Tomato 5 cheese pasta. Anyway ill right how many pounds i lost every month until final weigh in.

SEP: 285

Nov: 280

Dec: 276

Jan: 272

Feb: 269

Mar: 264.6

My period was never normal and sometimes it would come and sometimes it wouldn't, didn't know what time of the month it would decide to come. Usually only knew i had my period when I got some spotting. During this weight loss journey, I realized that my body get swollen when i have my period shockingly up to 10lb . Man sometimes during 6 month weight lose i had to visit my primary doctor and thats when i found out this would happen to my body. because one month when i got went for the mandatory weight in i did good and lost the weight i had to. then that following next week i was on my period. I felt heavier and tired. so when i went to primary they told me a gained nearly 10lb i was shocked and really scared because i herd that if you gain weight during this process then they cancel your process and you don't get surgery. Didn't even change my diet, so like i said felt like i nearly had a heart attack when they told e that. During this 6 month weight lose my period seems to start getting stable, two months out of the six my period acted abnormal. As in i started realized that i would get period during middle end of the month. one time it come during last of the month and into the beginning of month. Before this sometimes that would happen to me. that i why i was always so nervous and scared to get my weight in at the bariatric hospital where i would go. Now in this two week liquid diet like i said I've been following it .... but man they got us running everywhere to get the clearance before surgery, so another reason i couldn't have final normal meal like how some people call it. because i had to go to primary and they always weigh you first, and i didn't want to risk them canceling on me for after they said i was approved. Im here hella nervous not really about surgery itself because i know i did what i had to do for the pre-surgery diet. i had to go to my primary for the pre- surgery clearance exams. i had to pee in some cup. i told them i got my period so they said when my period finished i as able to take test that was going to be nearly during begging of week two before surgery. Man i was so nervous because i had to get everything done, in a short amount of time. So i decided to tell them my period finished because it was still in spotting phase for a week. So thankfully no blood was in pee sample and they was able to get result of that test. I kid you not two days later y period came in like it usually does. heavy-medium. Thank God i decided to do that pee test when i had spotting period, because so far im still on my period. Man when i got my regular period i immediately went to weigh myself and i was scared cause i went from 264.6 to 270. i was scared yet again because my surgery is around the corner. Man you don't know how serious i was with the two week liquid diet so that i can loose the weigh. So far today i weigh in at 263lb. this is nice but in my mind not good enough because from my last weight in, im still with my period and swollen and so nervous and scared that they are going to cancel my surgery because of my weight. they probably going to be like oh you didn't loose weight so you didn't do the diet ... BAM no surgery. I really hope this period ends before surgery and my weight goes down, because this would happen to me. like i said im not worried about my liver not shrinking because i did the diet and cut the carbs like i said and sugars so that my liver could shrink. My aunt is also getting surgery same day and i was the one constantly telling her what she was able to eat and what she wasn't and why. The lady who called form hospital said that if i still have my period that they will give me a special pad/underwear to wear. Oh and i got the clearance for cardiologist two days ago. and he gave me blood pressure pills he said a small dosage just to be safe. I was really stressed during these two weeks before my up coming surgery also running like a chicken with no head trying to get all test done and get clearance. Because my coordinator forgot to give me the paper that primary had to fill for the clearance before surgery. Also my primary doctor only goes to my clinic on MON,TH,FRI. and cardiologist on Mon and the other guy to scans your heart comes in on Friday. So that was all during these two weeks before surgery. I pray that am able to get this surgery . Has anyone had a type of similar problem like mine. if so i would love to read about it. Also will keep you guys updated on the statues of my surgery on April 8. Who ever read this thanks for reading i know its long.

I’m sure it will work out!!! My doctor has me on an only liquid diet so I’ve only lost weight because all I’ve had for the last several days are Protein Shakes, chicken broth and Jello. Just positive thoughts it will all work out!!

You lost a decent amount of weight from Sept.-March. From reading other members post ,some lost a lot while others did not. You should be proud for the total weight loss so far.

Don’t worry about that after surgery weight will just start falling off right in front of your eyes but just remember you will be swollen so you might gain give it a week weight will start coming off you got this

I think the important part is the liver-shrinking and it's not about losing weight in the pre-op diet

Update update . . . I was sneezing a lot yesterday night and today I have runny nose and a bit sore throat. I took a hot shower and I am only going to drink hot Clear Liquids for these last two days before surgery. Anyway when I came out the shower I weighed myself, because I notice that My period is starting to finish. THANK GOD anyway I weighed myself and it says now I’m 259lb. Staring from my last 6 month weight in I was at 264lb and when I got my period bam all the way up to 270lb. Like I said worked even harder in my liquid diet. Just like I said before I weighed myself and it said I was 259lb. . . . Thank god :o :) I’m feeling less stressed now. Will update to anyway changes.

Update I was nervous yet again because I herd that if you sick no surgery. Well like I said I took a shower as soon as I woke up with hot Water. And today and tomorrow I shall only drink hot liquids. So far my nose is not stuffed anymore and my throat doesn’t feel sore. I guess that was just in the morning. But I shall see what happens on Monday.

I would not worry about it, my surgery is on the 9th and I have only lost 6 pounds and i'm on all liquids with the exception of 2 Protein Bars per day. You will make it and do great:)

I didn’t have a liquid pre diet just a liver shrinking diet of high Protein low carb. I wasn’t very strict and cheated on my diet probably 5 of the 14 days. I would be good lose 4 pounds and be discouraged and then cheat. I was good the last 4 days before surgery and was really worried my surgeon would start surgery and then stop because my liver was still large. My surgeon doesn’t care if you lose weight on the diet as long as your liver shrinks. Well I didn’t need to worry because my liver did shrink and he was able to do the surgery.

I have many days now I wish I would have cheated because I am so hungry omg. But today started my liquid only diet and I am SO over all these damn Protein Shakes ugh! I can't wait until Tuesday even tho I know I will still be on all these liquids:( Come on April 30th I can't wait for mushies.

Alwazla8 My aunt was struggling A lot during her liquid diet. I mean I can’t lie it was really hard. But in my head I just told myself that it was only for a short time. Plus the fear of not being able to get the surgery helped me to not eat. Lol I hope your liver shrinks and you have a wonderful successful surgery.

1 minute ago, KhaosG00B said:

Alwazla8 My aunt was struggling A lot during her liquid diet. I mean I can’t lie it was really hard. But in my head I just told myself that it was only for a short time. Plus the fear of not being able to get the surgery helped me to not eat. Lol I hope your liver shrinks and you have a wonderful successful surgery.

Thank you so much:)

I got weighed in Before surgery and my weight was 254.2lb thank god my period finished. The surgery was a success and the recovery I’m not going to lie it was painful them gas pains, but at least the gave me pain medicine and nausea medicine because I was suffering more from the nausea.