Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

yeah I used to eat a lttle,sip, eat some more. Boy how I. had to change things up, but maybe I'm a. better person for it, certainly a thinner one.

I'm 3 mos post op, and still struggle to reach Water and Protein goals. I just forget to drink, and I'm so sick of Protein Shakes at this point it's not even funny (although I do manage a premier shake each morning). I also miss being able to eat all I want. Not that I want to go back to doing it, I just miss it sometimes. Like I went to a Mexican restaurant the other day. I nibbled on the chips and salsa, trying not to overdo it for my main coarse, when it came (pork smothered in green sauce/chili verde, Beans & rice) I couldn't even get through 2oz. of the plate before I was stuffed. meat is so dense I can't eat very much of it. The guy kept coming over and asking me if my food was good, if it was ok, because I didn't eat much of it. OMG I wanted to tear into it sooo bad. Those are the moments I miss eating like a fat girl. And then I come back to my senses and realize I'm one of the lucky ones that has received this gift of living my best life. ❤️

I sometimes struggle with the effort it takes getting all the Protein I need per day. I got to the point where I just couldn’t drink one more Protein Shake so I switched to collagen peptides, which has helped.

Also, just the constant tracking of food intake can be tedious at times.

It’s also been hard for me to reach the requirements of Water in a day .. Protein hasn’t really been a problem for me .. have you tried drinking the fairlife milk? It has a lot of protein.. what’s also been hard for me is getting in veggies because by the time I eat my protein off my plate I am super full

Only a week post OP but smelling an cooking 4 my family has been hard but I jus keep a pic on my fridge an look at it 2 snap me back lol

~Bing~

The hardest part is finding out exactly why people constantly say that surgery is only a tool. I have found that I can eat pretty much anything and I’m only 2 1/2 months out. It’s really hard to realize that the weight is not falling off of me and if I need to lose a lot it’s going to take a massive effort on my part. The surgery was only one part and the rest is up to me. If I don’t go to the gym at least 5 days a week I know my weight will not budge .

Weaning off of my ppi. It’s been a hard, painful, delicate process and one that I was not expecting during this journey. I never had to take one before surgery.

Proton pump inhibitor (Prilosec)

On 4/9/2019 at 3:12 PM, Frustr8 said:

yeah I used to eat a lttle,sip, eat some more. Boy how I. had to change things up, but maybe I'm a. better person for it, certainly a thinner one.

One of the advantages to my 2 year program before surgery is that I've had the time pre op to make this adjustment already. I stopped having drinks with meals back in the fall, so now it's almost second nature. The tricky spot for me is to remember at restaurants not to order a beverage at the beginning of the meal.

It’s been theorized that PPIs cause issues with Calcium absorption over the long term. I was only supposed to be on one for 90 days. It’s been 6 months and while I’m almost 100% off of it, I have days where I wake up in pain from all of the acid.

It really just depends on your program I guess.

Right now it’s drinking from those little cups they gave us, I have to drink 4 every hour. Not going to lie it’s hard. But I’m trying since I don’t want to go to hospital for dehydration. That’s my challenge, plus sometimes I wake up late so I really have to get them at least 8cups of Water in before the day ends. My surgery was on April 8

16 hours ago, jasmineinmymind said:

The hardest part is finding out exactly why people constantly say that surgery is only a tool. I have found that I can eat pretty much anything and I’m only 2 1/2 months out. It’s really hard to realize that the weight is not falling off of me and if I need to lose a lot it’s going to take a massive effort on my part. The surgery was only one part and the rest is up to me. If I don’t go to the gym at least 5 days a week I know my weight will not budge .

What you just said is sooo depressing and yet it's the truth! I'm on my 5th week and I can also eat anything. My weight loss has slowed down tremendously this week. I'm still trying to stay under 1200 calories but boy it is hard. I'm walking about 40 minutes daily and I'm avoiding carbs. This week I lost a whopping (1) pound.

Hang in there.

I choose to fight and win this battle.