Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today was my farewell to food! Surgery date set.

Today I had my pre-op appointment with my surgeon where I was cleared for surgery. I will have to start my liquid diet tomorrow! Not so excited about that! Haha

So, today was my farewell to food day, in the sense that I will no longer be eating the way I have been accustomed to my whole life before starting this journey.

I had dreams of cupcakes, ice cream, steak, cheeseburgers, chips, Cookies and all that garbage.

But guess what happened? After all of these months of dieting and Portion Control, I only ate 1/4 of my steak, 1/3 of my potatoes and small side salad; pushing the croutons to the side. I stopped when I felt full!!!!!!

I ate none of the other junk I had hoped to.

Later I had a small ice cream cone and 1 small slice of my favorite pizza.... felt like crap all night.

I hadn't realized just how far I have come and how bad I would feel.

Motivation!

I am so scared to have surgery, but I am so ready to take this next step and start this new life.

I'm so glad I felt like crap! I know how good it feels to have control. 20190403_135810.jpeg Snapchat-843946228.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I know the feeling. I was scared too. I could eat this whole meal easily in one sitting. Today that would be 5 meals. No kidding. But, you will be so full and eventually you get used to it.

Congrats on your upcoming surgery!

Good for you! You'll have that steak again someday too! I love a good steak!

Yeah, I actually eat all of that stuff that you mentioned, just in moderation, and not every day, or even every week. I don't have any food that I'll never eat again. There are foods that I eat regularly like eggs, grilled chicken, etc... and there are foods that I eat every now and then, like junk food, but there's nothing that I won't ever allow myself to have again. I think that's what is helping to keep me on track. I can't have that all or nothing mentality, cause it's never worked for me in the past. Best of luck to you and your journey!

Congrats on the surgery. As @FancyChristine15 said above, we shouldn't make it an all or nothing type thing or we will eventually break. For me it's not a "I can't have this" but more of a "Should I have this". I'm a little over a year out and I food log and calorie count my intake. For example at birthdays I decline cake but sometimes will have a bite from my wife's if I want to try it, and I log that as well. For my birthday this year my wife picked me up a cupcake of carrot cake (its my favorite) I ate half and had the other half later that night. I still enjoyed my favorite cake but kept to a controllable portion and none left over to graze later. Good luck on your journey.

4 hours ago, FancyChristine15 said:

Yeah, I actually eat all of that stuff that you mentioned, just in moderation, and not every day, or even every week. I don't have any food that I'll never eat again. There are foods that I eat regularly like eggs, grilled chicken, etc... and there are foods that I eat every now and then, like junk food, but there's nothing that I won't ever allow myself to have again. I think that's what is helping to keep me on track. I can't have that all or nothing mentality, cause it's never worked for me in the past. Best of luck to you and your journey!

Yes, this!!

My "last Supper" was a grilled T-bone, twice baked potato and ice cream for dessert. I ate about half LOL

Thanks everyone! To clarify, I didn't mean never eating those foods ever again. First, I meant that I will now be on a liquid diet, and second, I will no longer be making those things a daily choice. I enjoyed a snack here and there, but after the surgery I know i have to make my food count. I just won't have the space for it and have to make sure I'm getting what I need first. I am not an all or nothing person. Just having a little celebration.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I've been there! I had friends over the night before my liquid diet and we ordered a ton of foods for plans to pig out and I couldn't even finish a slice of pizza. Congrats!