Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mine started with the sleeve after several months. My brush fills every couple days and clumps come out in the shower. I’m a year and a half post op but I’ve had complications so I’m a little malnourished plus I have autoimmune disease that causes Hair loss. Just adding those facts so you don’t think the hair loss has to last as long as mine. Hair has thinned but luckily no bald spots *crosses fingers*

Mine started around month 4 and started slowing around month 6. I still have strands come out here and there. I'm almost 8 months out, havent seen the new hairs start sprouting out yet.

At 7 months ( well it will be Friday) I have lost only a minimal amount. My beautician Sheliah said she could tell but doubted others would. Good thing because I am a Redhead (well actually strawberry Blonde, but it's in that family) , well known redheads have the fewest hairs per square inch in the first place.. I was fearful I would be combing my hair with a damp washcloth! Maybe the 3 months of TPN helped out there, my fingernails must be trying,still,to,overcome the surgery. this week they are teally cracking and breaking. Started trying Hair, skin, nail capsules but they make me nauseated, do I really need that? Vomited,more with,my RnY recovery than ever I did with 3 babies. Back then it resolved itself quickly each time, not now, I'm like a large cat with hairballs, Belch, retch, puke, cry, repeat! Ms Pouch, the Precious thing she is rules with an Iron hand, little benevolence from her " I DO NOT LIKE THAT, NEXT STOP, UP AND OUT of Frustr8. Only blessing, it returns up so fast there isn't any oder. Wonder if interaction and peristalsis returns or will she forever be an tupperware container with a small pin- point leak in the bottom., opening into the jejunem, section #2 of the small intestine, I know a lot about the mechanics of surgery, but learning the after effects as I go. I need to commission a t- shirt to quiet a few people. It will say
"Long enough to to be effective, short enough I am not constantly malnourished" So How's Yours?"
Would you believe we once had an entire thread on this subject? It was still going strong when I joined into Bariatric Pal. From all that I read , people constantly was to know how long bypasses are and how thick or thin VSG sleeves run. Don't worry so much myself, just want Precious to gain some maturity and start behaving herself. I give her good health and hearty food, chewed into a glutinous paste, never spit out mouthful to see if they are a grayish shade, but they should be senile as long as meals take. People kvetch about a month or six weeks of liquids, put on my moccasins, yours truly has been partaking of Protein Shakes since last summer, some shake company ought to hire me as food taster, I now have the training and experience.🍀🍶🍶🍶🍶👈👸👉!

I lost hardly any. At about six months out, I noticed a few more strands of hair in my comb (after I washed it) than usual. This went on for probably three months. Had it not been for the extra strands in my comb, I would have never noticed.

I had a the sleeve. My hair started shedding at month 3. I had really long hair, and I felt like the weight of it emphasized the thinness at my scalp, so I chopped it all off and it looks so much better (i.e., fuller). I just passed my 5 month mark, and while I don't notice any further thinning, I don't notice any new growth yet either. I guess I'll just keep my hair short until it does start to grow back *crosses fingers*.

I also started losing hair at 3 months post op, at about 6 months post op it stopped.

Now at over a year post op it is growing back. I have about 3 inch long chicken hair sticking out all over 🤣

15 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

I also started losing hair at 3 months post op, at about 6 months post op it stopped.

Now at over a year post op it is growing back. I have about 3 inch long chicken hair sticking out all over 🤣

I would kill for some chicken hair right now.

2 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

I would kill for some chicken hair right now.

It's actually more noticeable (and not in a good way) then my Hair loss was. I'll be happy when it is long enough to lay flat!

4 hours ago, ms.sss said:

I had a the sleeve. My hair started shedding at month 3. I had really long hair, and I felt like the weight of it emphasized the thinness at my scalp, so I chopped it all off and it looks so much better (i.e., fuller). I just passed my 5 month mark, and while I don't notice any further thinning, I don't notice any new growth yet either. I guess I'll just keep my hair short until it does start to grow back *crosses fingers*.

I'm pre-op, so I haven't experienced this from surgery yet, but in the past when I've experienced hair thinning, keeping my hair short has helped how I felt about how I looked immensely. Colouring my hair a darker shade (I'm normally dark blonde/mouse brown) made it look fuller as well.

I'm actually planning on getting my hair cut soon as it's too long now for me (middle of my back), and I don't want to be having to care for long hair after surgery.

Thank you guys for all your feedback!! I appreciate it.. a while back before surgery my hair was very unhealthy and wouldn’t grow. I started to take some pills and within 3 months my hair grew long, natural, and thick people thought I had hair extensions but in reality it was my natural hair.. I am 2 months post op, I haven’t lost any hair (yet) I am going to start the pills again to see if it will help prevent it or if it does fall to see if it’ll grow back fast.. if you ladies want pics of the hair pills let me know and I will post them

I’ll post it tomorrow morning on here 😁 Everyone should ask their doc first before taking them just to be on the safe side

8 hours ago, bariutiful said:

Thank you guys for all your feedback!! I appreciate it.. a while back before surgery my hair was very unhealthy and wouldn’t grow. I started to take some pills and within 3 months my hair grew long, natural, and thick people thought I had hair extensions but in reality it was my natural hair.. I am 2 months post op, I haven’t lost any hair (yet) I am going to start the pills again to see if it will help prevent it or if it does fall to see if it’ll grow back fast.. if you ladies want pics of the hair pills let me know and I will post them

Yes, pics pls ❤️