Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No support system

It’s fairly normal, you are the one having the surgery not them. As tough as it might be you are the one that has to learn how to deal with these difficult situations.

I remember my husband making muffins a week or 2 after I got my band, he’s lucky he is still alive

It's tough, for sure, but then again they're not the ones going through the process, so they can't possibly understand. Hang in there.

Sadly, other people's habits will not stop during this process but you can ask them to stop ordering out whike you're around in solidarity of your efforts. If they don't oh well but at least you advocated for yourself. Good luck next week 💜

Just try your best to remove yourself from the situation. Grab something to drink and head to the bedroom to paint your nails, take a bath, journal, read a book, get one of those adult coloring books or a crossword puzzle book. There are lots of ways to distract yourself and still let your family continue with the life (and meals) of their choosing.

You can do it!

Tell them it ticks you off

We are all here to support you!! You can do this!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I have 0 support. Friends out of state have my back but no one here. I’m taking an Uber to the hospital, my brother in law is kindly picking me up and my mom refuses to bring an overnight bag for me since I can’t bring it to check in. She’s made it clear she does not support my bypass revision even though it could save my life long-term (cancer, aspiration pneumonia). Surgery is Thursday and I’ve left the anxious stage after doing a thorough bedroom cleaning and now I’m just depressed knowing the mom I supported through my sister’s death (32 and I moved in with her so she isn’t alone) and she makes me completely alone when I’m most vulnerable. Sadly, I depend on these forums for support.

6 hours ago, KateBruin said:

I have 0 support. Friends out of state have my back but no one here. I’m taking an Uber to the hospital, my brother in law is kindly picking me up and my mom refuses to bring an overnight bag for me since I can’t bring it to check in. She’s made it clear she does not support my bypass revision even though it could save my life long-term (cancer, aspiration pneumonia). Surgery is Thursday and I’ve left the anxious stage after doing a thorough bedroom cleaning and now I’m just depressed knowing the mom I supported through my sister’s death (32 and I moved in with her so she isn’t alone) and she makes me completely alone when I’m most vulnerable. Sadly, I depend on these forums for support.

I’m so sorry that you are going through this. By the same token, I’m very proud of you for doing this for YOU! 🤗

Not getting any support from my husband about getting my sleeve revision to gastric Bypass,he thinks this is a stupid idea and is very negative about everything. Tomorrow is my surgery and I have to be there at 5:30 am and he’s even complaining about that because God forbid he loses his precious sleep.