Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤ APRIL 2019 CHALLENGE❤

#27 Dream Vacation: Any place by an ocean I haven't gone to already. Oh, and the vacation duration needs to be at least 2 months. I love long vacations where you basically become a local.

#28 Learn Something New: Not exacty "learning", but more discovering...Learned/discovered that I now hate Diet Coke. Went to the movies yesterday with fam and friends (watched Avengers: End Game...note to those who plan on watching it: it's THREE HOURS LONG!) and accidentally took a sip out of my friend's Diet Coke instead of my sparkling Water. It was tasted soooo sickeningly sweet to me I almost spat it out. Which is funny because before surgery I would drink 1-2 cans/glasses of the stuff daily.

#29 Do Nothing: Will save this for the weekend...gots stuff to do :)

#29. Do Nothing.- Too late for that!! Work has been a bear! Oh well tomorrow is another day!

28. Plank and lunges were completed. Learn something new: Well, I listened to Brene Brown's Call to Courage on Netflix so now I think I know who she is. I am about to start a seminar/workshop on Friday that will take place over several months and I hope to learn a lot from that.

29. Crunches and squats done. Been to the gym. I'm at work. I don't think I can check off the "do nothing" other than to say I'm not doing anything out of what constitutes my current normal. Now I'm laughing at myself. :)

Went to the gym this morning, had a good workout.

I have lost weight this month but psychologically it doesn’t feel like it. The scale I was using was driving me nuts, my weight was super inconsistent. I also always weighed 5 lbs more at the Dr. Turns out I was using it wrong (calibration issue). I bought a new scale a few weeks ago and my numbers went up 4 pounds. The good news is I lost those 4 pounds so I’m back to 149.

My old scale says I’m at 145, I kinda miss being wrong!

#30- At this point I am dubbing this "Don't accomplish much of Anything" although it should be "Take Inventory- Did you Meet Your Goals?" At 3 pm I have a Bariatric Clinic appointment, seems to be with Nurse Practitioner Valerie, if I get a paper full of euphemisms like the last one, I am either going to have a tantrum or tear it in teeny tiny pieces and throw them on the floor. " Frustr8 is doing well for being____months out from her surgery and is recovering well" I am not,in a cattle barn, so please stop with the B.S. please. I am also not in the Military so "Don't tell me "I am all I can be" cause I do not think I am"
This morning I woke up in a nasty humor. My stomach wall is sore from vomiting before I went to bed 2 nights in a row, my right arm is throbbing, I had surgery on it April 4th to remove the titanium hardware I had still retained since my,broken upper arm and surgical repair 9 years and 3 months ago. Who would have thought as I lost weight I lost fat in there and when it started to Rock back and forth it became a constant source of inflammation and irritation? Fine I was willing to have it removed, but while looking around the open incision,which is 6 inches long, 2 inches on top, 4 inches going down right upper arm, he noticed my rotator cuff was hanging together by one beleaguered tendon so he repaired it so I wouldn't have to return in a couple months for another surgery. Thank You Dr Ken Doolittle( spoken through clenched teeth) this surely adds a glimmer of Joy to my days! I sleep with it propped upon a pillow, I rest fitfully , maybe 3-4 hours and then I awake to feel like it has been twisted behind my back. Have Norco in the house, but try to do Tylenol if I can, Norco pushs me back to Constipation if I take more than 1 or 2. My day starts with Carafate. at 6 AM, I am told it comes in a liquid form, but my Medicare part D doesn't cover it, cheap b****** in Arizona! So I am.stuck dissolving big white horse pills in warm or hot Water, then drinking the slurry down. And I get to do this every 6 hours around the clock. Then 1.5-2 hours in goes the PPI, wellbutrin and Ditropan, then I have to wait for my Zofran because it and Dexilent seem to fight with each other . And the other pills follow all day at intervals. Its a wonder I don't rattle when I walk around. And now the latest, every since my endoscopy on the 12th, well actually late 12th when I had to go NPO, it did something to my bladder and urinary system. Try as I may, no matter how much Fluid I swallowed my urine stayed a disgusting darkish color. I have Tidy Bowl tabs in, the back. turns the pretty blue water nasty pea green. Had an appointment with PCP, gave him a liquid sample, stated" yep looks like some sort of UTI, when do you see your urologist?" told him Monday the 22nd, so he says I'll give you a small script for Macrodantin to tide you over the weekend, but he never called it in. And he hides down in AppleValley on his pontoon boat without cell phone etc Okay Monday I saw Dr Henry , my step- urologist, my Dr Clemens decided to stay in Franklin County and Columbus and no longer comes here. Dr H says he doesn't like the appearance of my urine. Well Duhh, why else would I have come in? So he says I want to try testing exactly what it is causing it, just force fluids until I get back to you on Wednesday. Never heard until Thursday noon, went and picked up Bactrim from Wal-Mart, now I have taken it before, never had a reaction. Boy I did this time. I have a diffuse rash on most of my body, but my face is the worst, the whole left side of cheek and eyelids have an ugly purple rash with a couple blisters that have broken open. I look like Rocky Balboa either hit me or whacked my face with a board containing nails. The GOOD news, it did kill whatever bacteria was infecting my Urinary SYSTEM, the bad news? I look like I was a victim of Elder Abuse! So my April 30th challenge to be met? Try to smile and act reasonably happy while looking like Crap warmed over! Might as well go take a shower, don't think body temprature water can harm me any and then my pick-up to go to Columbus 1:30 or 2 o'clock this afternoon. Do hope they don't send Terry, he always gets lost because he won't drive with the GPS on and plays whiney country music on the radio.

#30. My goal is to never create a goal board.

I’ll do the lunges and planks at the gym today. They correct me every time I do planks there and each time my time gets shorter! I end up doing 2-3 sets vs one long plank. If I let my hips sag I can go a lot longer!

Even with my wonky scale issue I did meet my goal for April, which was to be in the 140’s.

Edited by Cheeseburgh

30. Plank and lunges completed. I have a mental goal board. Right now it has May Challenge on it. That and some personal goals regarding my career. I had also hoped that getting to Onederland by July was an option but it seems much less likely now based on my rate of loss. Still, I have lost weight this month...of course, I wish it was faster/more...but that I'm losing is still wonderful. So onwards we go!

I will try to create a goal board this evening. I'm finding short term goals as a really good motivator for me so perhaps I'll tie it to the May Challenge.

I forgot to weigh in this morning since it's not my normal weigh-in day so I'll go with my last weigh in from last week. I'm ending this challenge 10 pounds lighter which was my goal. Ready to rock May and hopefully be better about posting daily to check in.

• #30- I don't necessarily have a goal board, I have goal post it notes stuck on my doors.
  • I write on them, positive information I get off the boards here.
  • Funny quotes, sayings etc.
  • Looking forward to the May challenge. I met my April challenge of losing 5 lbs and start jogging. The weight loss has slowed but I'm okay with it.

Okay so I love the idea of a goal board, but will have to create in May. Just zero time this week to make that happen.
However, speaking of goals, my goal for this April challenge was to come in at under 200 pounds, and today I barely squeaked in.

Honestly I didn’t think I would make it, but between Friday and this morning, 2 pounds magically fell off.

image-0.00393390655517578.jpg

2 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

Okay so I love the idea of a goal board, but will have to create in May. Just zero time this week to make that happen.
However, speaking of goals, my goal for this April challenge was to come in at under 200 pounds, and today I barely squeaked in.

Honestly I didn’t think I would make it, but between Friday and this morning, 2 pounds magically fell off.

image-0.00393390655517578.jpg

Love that quote at the bottom.

Thanks! I found that quote back 10 years ago when I was diagnosed with breast cancer and was undergoing chemo for a whole year.

Amazing Team:

Goal boards can be digital or analogue!!!

As long as you are comfortable with the medium and it feels relatively low stress to make

Edited by GreenTealael