Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤ APRIL 2019 CHALLENGE❤

On 04/02/2019 at 11:53, GreenTealael said:

April 1&2:

Yesterday I was proud of another month post op where i feel solid in my decision to have the surgery 😍

I also don't/can't bring myself Journal (written) because I just dont feel like I have that much inner thought/dialogue I need to release. Photo or Art journaling would likely be more of my thing. Starting ASAP.

That is awesome!! You will love it ! 🎨📓🖌🖍💕💖💕

2. Not in the mood for journaling these days. When I look back at my old diaries, I was writing them when I was depressed. Not feeling depressed or lovelorn like I was in my younger days so no current journal. I do write a bit of poetry/prose when there's something I want to remember and it's usually my status on my Facebook page. But I'm with Green Tealael...some form of art would be my choice. Will I or won't I?

B Side. Getting in my Protein went pretty well for me. I use Protein Shakes when I can't have a meal. For example, I was recently travelling and ended up choosing a Protein Drink for lunch. I was stoked they had them at the airport so I could make a healthier choice for myself. And tomorrow, I'll be driving around lunch time (one of those follow up appointments), so I think I'll do a drink then too to keep my protein on track for the day.

#2 Start a Journal:
Like @seaforest, I only tend to journal when I'm feeling sad or angsty. So gonna pass on this one.

B-Side : Who still uses Protein supplements to get to the daily goal?
Me! Me! I have a scoop of Dutch chocolate Isopure whey Protein Powder with 400ml of Water almost every day usually mid-afternoon.

I'm a little late to the party, but I want to join in too...

Current weight: 251 Weight loss goal for April: 10 Surgery: RNY upcoming on May 16, 2019

Personal Goal: To keep true to my pre-op diet.

#1 - I'm proud of the fact that I have stuck it out for almost two years in my program to get to this point.

#2 - I'm not really into journaling. I've done it at different times for different purposes, usually in times of emotional upheaval. I've been doing really well with my food tracker for the last few months though. Haven't missed a day since the New Year.

Day 2

I'm really good at journaling but I'd like to get back into doing Morning Pages. If you aren't familiar with the concept, it's part of The Artist's Way https://juliacameronlive.com/basic-tools/morning-pages/

B Side I'm not quite two months post surgery and my nutritionist wants me to get at least 70 grams of Protein a day so I do tend to supplement. I do three small meals a day and have a Protein Bar, shake, or bottle of protein Water as a snack. I'm averaging less than 750 calories a day with the supplement so the struggle to get that much protein in is real. I do focus on high protein meals and try to keep carbs and fat as low as possible.

Starting weight 174lbs
Goal: lose 6 lbs
Goal: drink at least 80 Oz Water each day

Just a quick update. I did my crunches today. They were pitiful...I don't remember the last time I tried to do any. Lunges done but could be improved. Plank had to be done in two parts and my bum was complaining on that one. Interesting to see how I progress as the month goes on. 😁

3 minutes ago, seaforest said:

Just a quick update. I did my crunches today. They were pitiful...I don't remember the last time I tried to do any. Lunges done but could be improved. Plank had to be done in two parts and my bum was complaining on that one. Interesting to see how I progress as the month goes on. 😁

Proud of you!

On 04/02/2019 at 18:09, seaforest said:

Me too!!!

1 hour ago, DanaC84 said:
2 hours ago, seaforest said:

Me too!!!

😍 So everyone is planning to have Abs, huh? 😍

#22, Dear ❤ I am now 73, contnued existence ranks pretty high, after that, to mentor where I can , show the world surgery at my age is still a good thing. I would like to see great- grandchildren, since on grand- daughter is still in college, considering a career in forensic medicine and the other just got divorced, may not be happening. May have to enjoying about everyone elses I would like to. travel, except for a few trips into Canada, I have not g wen out of Ohio. I would like a garden , both to grow veggies and a flower one to potter around in. I would like to buy a small efficient house so Tomkitten and I would. have something of our own and he would have someplace to live if I don't live to 100+,that's when my whole life , life insurance pays me and I do ,not have to die to get it. They already promised to,hand- deliver the check to me,they think they will win out in the Death Derby, but im6 backing a WINNER----'ME!

1 minute ago, Frustr8 said:

#22, Dear ❤ I am now 73, contnued existence ranks pretty high, after that, to mentor where I can , show the world surgery at my age is still a good thing. I would like to see great- grandchildren, since on grand- daughter is still in college, considering a career in forensic medicine and the other just got divorced, may not be happening. May have to enjoying about everyone elses I would like to. travel, except for a few trips into Canada, I have not g wen out of Ohio. I would like a garden , both to grow veggies and a flower one to potter around in. I would like to buy a small efficient house so Tomkitten and I would. have something of our own and he would have someplace to live if I don't live to 100+,that's when my whole life , life insurance pays me and I do ,not have to die to get it. They already promised to,hand- deliver the check to me,they think they will win out in the Death Derby, but im6 backing a WINNER----'ME!

💜 This is nice but generally I would like to stay in chronological order for consistency. Today is April 3rd so we (as a group) are up to #3 💜

Okay, the 4th is Exercise, refresh my memory on what #3 is, want to do this in a successful manner, really be committed, now and in the future. These challenges make you freshen up your plans, and also you do feel a part of a group, even if our journeys differ we can wave at each other on the pathway.