Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤ APRIL 2019 CHALLENGE❤

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

What is CBT?

cognitive behavior therapy. It's especially useful for people with depression and addictive issues--including food issues.

Works great! Essentially: "I "THINK" therefore, I FEEL" which means our cognitions determine our emotions and influence behaviors. Change the cognition or correct the cognition to an unskewed accurate position empowers a person to determine how they will react and relate to the thought or cognition. :)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=13&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiq4ZKmu7HhAhUHD60KHVZ2BY4QFjAMegQICBAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.verywellmind.com%2Fwhat-is-cognitive-behavior-therapy-2795747&usg=AOvVaw2Z44T46l8-TkBr0crEvbwT

It's kinda evolved into EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique)

33 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

#6 can be substituted to any Bariatric friendly recipe to share with someone. Maybe Protein Cookies that are store bought.

Well, dang!! There’s the answer 💪🏻

Day 2: I'm not much of a journal type. But I used to write daily bullets on a calendar when my son was young, but I don't even do that anymore. He's 19 and my daughter is 8. So yeh, I just suck.... :(

1 hour ago, DanaC84 said:

Haha!! Was just reading through the list. How many of us are going to be doing #6? 😂😂😂

CHAAAALLLLENGE!

For yesterday, I'm proud that I hit my goal weight last month. I really didn't think that I could get that low when I set it, it was more of a fantasy number. I now weigh less than I ever have as an adult,

I don't really journal, putting words to paper is a nightmare for me. However, I kept my food journals during this process in pretty notebooks and added notes about dr. appointments or significant issues as I went along. So they are the "journal" of my weight-loss journey.

57 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

CHAAAALLLLENGE!

You got THAT right 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, thatch said:

Starting weight: 180

Goal weight: 175

I get 10,000 steps a day, lift twice a week for an hour each, and do HIIT twice a week. I feel strong and I want to feel even stronger.

^^^this is phenomenal ^^^

i need to change my goal. New goal for challenge is to not be such a sloth 😁

Thank you so much, @DanaC84! I never thought I would enjoy exercise but walking hills in the gorgeous spring weather and lifting weights are my jam. Ask me again when it's 100 degrees here, I may go back into sloth mode then! 😁

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

B-Side questions y'all:

Who still uses Protein supplements to get to the daily goal?

Me, at least one Protein Bar a day and sometimes a second bar or a Protein shot.

2 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

B-Side questions y'all:

Not so much. Sometimes if I do OMAD, then I will down one. Or sometimes I'm just hungry for a green smoothie. Then I will, but it's not for nutritional "needs."

2 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

B-Side questions y'all:

me for sure...only 2 months post op....but really I hate eating meat right now so much I have no choice. I just had a great salad for lunch, but no meat :( So i had some nuts and feta on it and then if I am short today I will have another shake tonight but so far I only need one a day and I am getting enough Protein in. Eating is such a PITA lol

April 1&2:

Yesterday I was proud of another month post op where i feel solid in my decision to have the surgery 😍

I also don't/can't bring myself Journal (written) because I just dont feel like I have that much inner thought/dialogue I need to release. Photo or Art journaling would likely be more of my thing. Starting ASAP.

On 04/02/2019 at 11:44, GreenTealael said:

B-Side questions y'all:

Yes. I got so sick of planning Breakfast. When I chose “real” food over my Protein smoothie I am always short of protein goals. I bulk it up with spinach and blueberries and I’ve gotten much more “regular”. I can never drink a whole one so I just freeze half