Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤ APRIL 2019 CHALLENGE❤

I've been very absent from this site lately but would like to start getting involved again.

Starting weight for challenge is: 162.5

Goals:
To drop into the 150s
To stay under 30 grams of sugar a day

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Surgery sleeve: cw is all over the place, but was 292. I was not able to get enough Fluid in, but am reaching a normal amount now. I weighed 292.4 the other day, but today this morning weighed 295😢

I'm very nervous I'm not going to lose more weight, I'm not sure why because I really can't eat that much, but there is a grazing factor, so I'm being conscious of this.

I'd like to lose to 280 this month and try to do some walking with my dog this month.

Thank you for this challenge!

C’mon April, bring it ON
Challenge starting weight 259
Sleeve / post op - losing

Goal: Lose 8 lbs this month

I’m proud that I’m still chugging along and feel better than I have in years!!

• DAY 2
  • I've had a diary/journal since I was in my teens. I'm from a military family and we moved around quite a bit. My journal kept me sane when we had to move, just when I had made friends. Or had started a new school and didn't have any friends. I still have all of them. I enjoy looking back and seeing how far I've come in life.

Haha!! Was just reading through the list. How many of us are going to be doing #6? 😂😂😂
I art journal and I’ve been away from it for a very long time. I recently started it back up as a way to distract myself when the nighttime snacking monster rears it’s ugly head. I’d forgotten how much I enjoy it and how much I NEED some time just for me.

21 minutes ago, DanaC84 said:

Haha!! Was just reading through the list. How many of us are going to be doing #6? 😂😂😂
I art journal and I’ve been away from it for a very long time. I recently started it back up as a way to distract myself when the nighttime snacking monster rears it’s ugly head. I’d forgotten how much I enjoy it and how much I NEED some time just for me.

I'm going to make diabetic friendly oatmeal raisin Cookies for my stepfather!!!!

I 💖 substituting ingredients. Friends will never really notice or care while eating them if they are delicious

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Edited by GreenTealael

Okay I am in...I will try to do better this month then last month.

Challenge starting weight 269
RNY / post op - losing

WL Goal this month - Lose 10 lbs (or get in the 250s)....loss has been somewhat slower 2-3lbs a week but I realized based on my daily average I can hit my goal weight in a year if I stay vigilant.

Other Goal this month is to exercise 5 times a week minimum. I was doing good last month and then just stopped for no reason 😐

#2 Start a journal: So I already keep a journal of sorts in MFP and also in excel. If I have something important to write, I'll add it to the notes field. :)

I do CBT and have been practicing it for so many years, it operates below the surface. So I no longer write things out and work through the steps, it just kinda happens quickly on the fly as I recognize repetitive actions/thoughts that disrupt my "real" and accurate thoughts.

It's a constant journey with this. Some days are awesome and other days utter flops! :)

28 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I'm going to make diabetic friendly oatmeal raisin Cookies for my stepfather!!!!

I 💖 substituting ingredients. Friends will never really notice or care while eating them if they are delicious

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

You, my dear, are a saint! I’m just not that strong yet. Store bought? All the will power of mule! Home baked ? I don’t think I’m strong enough. Your step dad would get 3 or 4 (if he was lucky) 😂😂😂

Just now, DanaC84 said:

You, my dear, are a saint! I’m just not that strong yet. Store bought? All the will power of mule! Home baked ? I don’t think I’m strong enough. Your step dad would get 3 or 4 (if he was lucky) 😂😂😂

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

#6 can be substituted to any Bariatric friendly recipe to share with someone. Maybe Protein Cookies that are store bought.

My April 2nd offering is a combine of # 1 and 10. For #1,i have a NSV, well there is a little scale in there also. I dropped a size in less than a month, Now a 20'22( 2 X )from my faithful old 26W, I'm a little perturbed I had bought a pair of pull- up denim pants, and now the pull-up is fall- down .Only wore them once, been hanging in closet, and now, short of suspenders, I can't wear them!
And #10 I am proud of my 30 pound weight loss in just one,month. I have felt very hateful toward my body, I had tried. all those diets, and it constantlyfought and failed me. Thank you body for helping me now to,lose, it's got to be 50% or more working with surgery, but I think you do ❤me after all And I'm going to stop putting you down,you're a good body after all. Might rub you with some sweet smelling lotion, make you feel all soft and smooth. Lets be best friends from now on!

Starting weight: 180

Goal weight: 175

I get 10,000 steps a day, lift twice a week for an hour each, and do HIIT twice a week. I feel strong and I want to feel even stronger.

37 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

#2 Start a journal: So I already keep a journal of sorts in MFP and also in excel. If I have something important to write, I'll add it to the notes field. :)

I do CBT and have been practicing it for so many years, it operates below the surface. So I no longer write things out and work through the steps, it just kinda happens quickly on the fly as I recognize repetitive actions/thoughts that disrupt my "real" and accurate thoughts.

It's a constant journey with this. Some days are awesome and other days utter flops! :)

What is CBT?

Cognitive Behavior Therapy? My best guess.