Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone put on a one month liquid diet??

I make a week since yesterday and I was put on a 4 week liquid diet, I am not sure if it is 4 weeks counting the first week or 4 weeks from my release day? I see most people were on liquid for 2 weeks or even less. Is it strange I am in for a whole month? I would feel so much happier if I could have mush of vegetables.

In only had to eat a liquid diet for a couple of weeks, but I suppose you'll have to stick to what your surgeon says. But when I switched to mushy food after two weeks, it felt OK.

hello. i am currently on a liquid diet of broth, Protein Shakes and sugar free Jello for 2 weeks. then im being moved to pureed foods in inclusion of what im already doing. 1 month. Then 2 weeks later soft food like eggs.

I was on liquids for 3 weeks post-op.

3 hours ago, iliana00000 said:

4 week liquid diet,

egads............4 weeks liquid, that must be very hard. i would count the liquids from DOS. I could be

wrong, (it has happened before, not often though😉) To be sure, call the doc and ask what the official

date you should start counting from (btw, i was on liquids for 2 weeks PO)

good luck newbie

kathy

I didn't have to do any pre op diet. Just 24 hours before surgery I was on a liquid diet. 4 weeks seems a little much.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I was expecting a 4-week liquid diet due to fatty liver but my program changed the requirements while I was still pre-op so I only had to do 2 weeks. Honestly it was a huge relief. But now that it’s behind me, I don’t think it would have been too awful because it wasn’t bad after the first few days. Hang in there—you can do it!

55 minutes ago, angie_is_losing_it said:

I didn't have to do any pre op diet. Just 24 hours before surgery I was on a liquid diet. 4 weeks seems a little much.

That's what I am saying is technically 6 weeks because of 2 weeks pre and then another 4 weeks post-op. It is wayyy too much. I am so hungry!!

35 minutes ago, lzucks said:

I was expecting a 4-week liquid diet due to fatty liver but my program changed the requirements while I was still pre-op so I only had to do 2 weeks. Honestly it was a huge relief. But now that it’s behind me, I don’t think it would have been too awful because it wasn’t bad after the first few days. Hang in there—you can do it!

Omg I was crying today because I feel so hungry and I am so sick of the Protein Shakes. I went to get unflavoured Protein Shake to see if that is any better now.

That's what I am saying is technically 6 weeks because of 2 weeks pre and then another 4 weeks post-op. It is wayyy too much. I am so hungry!!
Ugh! I'm so sorry! You can do it though! 4 weeks is a small amount of time in the grand scheme of things.

I was on full liquids thru day 21, then to purees but I could have yogurt, no fruit, and of course the Jello UGH

I was on a one week liquid diet pre-op, a two week clear liquid diet post op and then, SIX more weeks of a liquid diet after that. All in all, a 9 week liquid diet pre and post surgery. It was brutal. But the good news is, it ended. Eventually. And as hard as it was, I felt (and still feel) very empowered by sticking to it. One of the hardest things I've had to do. Worth it.

Try the brand nectar for Protein. They have fruit flavors that may help you in consuming your protein.

Edited by Bjack
New info