Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeves Any regrets????why and why not????

18 hours ago, WLH said:

I only had my surgery on 3/27, besides feeling sorry for myself that I can't eat that waffles and fried chicken I just saw on a commercial (but have never thought of eating before in my life!) the only regret is that I waited so long. I am 57 and wish I considered this years earlier. :)

Funny that I now too crave things I have never eaten before LOL

My only regret was waiting until I was 55 to have the surgery. I was over 300 pounds in 2015 and now sit around 150 (depending on the day and phase of the moon). I fence foil competitively and am ranked 24th among women aged 50-59 in the US. I can do so much more. I only regret waiting to do it. Best of luck.

It’s normal for our loved ones to have fears. There are risks from ANY surgery but there are also REAL risks that are practically guaranteed with long term obesity. I couldn’t agree more with @S@ssen@ch and @Danny Paul, the real work is with our head . I didn’t realize how much I depended on food until it was gone . If I could’ve faced those demons at 28 instead of 57 I could’ve avoided so much damage to this poor body. Good luck on your decision .
On a side note - I had no complications and absolutely no regrets 👍🏻

My surgery was 3/20/18, and I've had no regrets! I'd do it again in a second!

I wish I would have concentrated earlier on getting a trainer, nutritionist and psychologist. These were the true keys to my weight loss. The surgery has made it faster, but it is not easy, it's a lot of work still knowing what foods will and will not go down well. I'm 57 and needed to lose weight quickly so I can hopefully donate a kidney. If I were younger, I may not have had the surgery.

It isn’t so much your relationship with food as it is more of life is about food .Birthdays ,Holiday,Drinks with friends.I could go on and on .Im shy 1 Month to a Year of my Surgery.Everyone needs to do there Home work !! Not a quick fix just saying this is a life time commitment.I started at 217 now 138 I feel awesome.

I am just over 3 months post surgery. Would I do it again??? YES! YES! YES! I’m 65 years old and have been very overweight for 35+ years. I honestly had zero problems after surgery: no pain, no nausea, nada!
I’m losing weight more slowly than some in this forum, but exactly what my surgeon said to expect. I’ve lost 40 lbs, 2 dress sizes, and feel great! My only regret is I wish I wouldn’t have been so scared of the surgery and did it sooner.
But I thank God every day for giving me this chance to lose weight, get to feeling better, have less pain and more energy and hopefully live a fuller life with my husband, my kids, and my beautiful grandbabies!!!

13 minutes ago, rakish said:

I’m having my sleeve this morning in the hospital and this has been just what I needed to read. Thanks!

Good luck on your surgery this morning. Hoping everything goes well for you.

I'm in a regretting mood lately. I only lost 10 pounds the first month after surgery, and it dropped off precipitously after that. I don't eat junk food. I'm doing what the surgeon tells me and the weight just. does. not. want. to. come. off. It's frustrating and there are days when I think, "I paid $12000 for this?!" But I can't overeat any more. I can't binge without pain. That's a huge win for me so in the long run I know the surgery will be worth it... if I can just stop comparing myself to everyone else.

6 hours ago, rakish said:

I’m having my sleeve this morning in the hospital and this has been just what I needed to read. Thanks!

Congratulations!!! And best of luck on a quick recovery 👍🏻

13 minutes ago, thatch said:

I'm in a regretting mood lately. I only lost 10 pounds the first month after surgery, and it dropped off precipitously after that. I don't eat junk food. I'm doing what the surgeon tells me and the weight just. does. not. want. to. come. off. It's frustrating and there are days when I think, "I paid $12000 for this?!" But I can't overeat any more. I can't binge without pain. That's a huge win for me so in the long run I know the surgery will be worth it... if I can just stop comparing myself to everyone else.

You’re singing my song! I have to use my weight at the beginning of the year to keep myself motivated . It is so hard to not compare!! I have to continually tell myself “they may have started with a higher BMI “or “they’re younger “ or “ they’re male (😂)”.

Thank you, @DanaC84! I thought I was alone, truly. I hope this means that when we finally do drop the weight, it will STAY gone. Best wishes to you on your journey!

Nope @thatch, you’re def not alone! And for my two cents worth you’re doing phenomenal 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻