Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 months post OP and 5 weeks pregnant

9 hours ago, Mikeyy said:

Couldn't you hold back and take contraception so that your surgery hasn't been for nothing...

SO obviously you did not read the post. Bye Felicia

Congratulations on your pregnancy and as FluffyChix said just work closely with your medical team.
Please ignore all of the rude and insensitive comments.
Wishing you a safe and successful pregnancy!!
Thank you ma'am, I appreciate it

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations!! I have not experienced this before but I know MANY women who have been pregnant and not gained any weight, some that were overweight even loss. I would definitely talk to your nutritionist and your dietitian as you want to ensure that you are getting what you need for a healthy pregnancy. I would think that with a healthy, balanced diet, proper Vitamins and exercise that you can have a healthy, successful pregnancy with little to no weight gain. Please keep up posted. Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!
Thank you very much, I will definitely keep ya'll posted. Thanks again for the advice, much appreciated!

Congratulations. Life happens when we are planning other things. Like others have said follow your nutritionist, and doctors orders . You will probably be placed in the high risk pregnancy category but don’t stress about it.

Be safe and if you feel off no matter what follow your instincts. You know your body no one ease can tell you how you feel.

Congratulations. Life happens when we are planning other things. Like others have said follow your nutritionist, and doctors orders . You will probably be placed in the high risk pregnancy category but don’t stress about it.

Be safe and if you feel off no matter what follow your instincts. You know your body no one ease can tell you how you feel.
Thank you Kim [emoji1374]

Congratulations and best of luck! I have nothing to add but wanted to say congrats and best wishes!

(And as others have said, ignore the rude jerk...of course a dude wants to weigh in on taking contraception bc he knows SO much about it...lol)

Congratulations and best of luck! I have nothing to add but wanted to say congrats and best wishes!

(And as others have said, ignore the rude jerk...of course a dude wants to weigh in on taking contraception bc he knows SO much about it...lol)
Thanks dear.

Yea I know right? I'm gonna do my best to ignore him. Lol

Congratulations!!!! I wish you nothing but happiness and joy 😘

15 hours ago, Bebeak said:

3 months post OP and I'm almost 6 weeks pregnant.

@Bebeak

hmmmmm, i was in your exact position 40 years ago (no WLS though)!!!,

and my DD turned out just like her mom.

wonderful weight loss.

repeating from all, talk to your NUT/team - take care of yourself.

it always should be, but these next few months - it's totally all about you!!☺️

out of curiosity (you know what they say about that)! Is this your 1rst child?

holding a glass of Water to you and your healthy beautiful baby to be.☺️

best wishes

kathy

congrats

12 hours ago, Mikeyy said:

Couldn't you hold back and take contraception so that your surgery hasn't been for nothing...

Seriously, could you be more of a d**k? Save your judgment for yourself.

15 hours ago, Bebeak said:

Like my title says; I'm 3 months post OP and I'm almost 6 weeks pregnant. Has anyone ever find themselves or know someone who's been in this situation? Was the pregnancy successful? My surgeon said while they recommend waiting 12 to 18 months post OP before getting pregnant, it's not impossible to do. I wanna know what to look forward to..... thanks in advance guys!

Congrats on the new baby!!! That's a wonderful thing, even if the timing isn't as ideal as your doctors might have preferred (hey, **** happens, right???). In the end, there is nothing more important that children and being good mommies and daddies--which also means we need to be taking good care of ourselves. I am sure you've heard this all before, but you really need to work closely with your surgical team, Ob-Gyn and your nutritionist during this pregnancy. It's going to be a big challenge for your to get in the calories you need for your growing baby and to keep your weight down so after you have your little one, you don't have an extra 30-40 pounds to lose. You can do it--but it's going to require a lot of extra work on your part. You can still exercise your @ss off during the pregnancy and sticky to a healthy diet created by your medical team (really stick to it!!). It will all work out well in the end! It's going to great if you put in the effort!!