Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No modification, but I lost 80lbs and I’ve regained 25. I can’t stop the sugar cravings which is why I put on so much weight to begin with. I have a huge sweet tooth. It was great the first 2yrs, but after slowly introducing sugar back in I have full blown sugar cravings and can’t seem to stop myself. It’s a huge problem!

Edited by mgt3boys
Spelling

Hi I had the sleeve done 3/17/15 I initially lost 55lbs but I have gained 25lbs back I know it’s me eating wrong. My question is it too late to loose the weight again. I love Cookies and cakes they go down real easy😢😢

It isn’t too late. Your stomach has stretched from over eating, this is why you’ve regained the weight. But you still can lose weight if you set your mind to it. Stick to a diet and remind yourself that you were given a second chance at life, don’t waste it. Good luck!

3 hours ago, bravepotato said:

Your stomach has stretched from over eating, this is why you’ve regained the weight. But you still can lose weight if you set your mind to it. Stick to a diet and remind yourself that you were given a second chance at life, don’t waste it. Good luck!

OP deleted...Did their surgeon diagnose that they stretched their surgery?

I haven't necessarily had weight gain, but I fear it is going to happen for me. I feel like I eat too much, I'm not really losing anymore. My cravings are horrible, and I have no will power. I feel so helpless...

3 hours ago, anl1990 said:

I feel like I eat too much, I'm not really losing anymore. My cravings are horrible, and I have no will power. I feel so helpless...

I'm sorry you are struggling. Some things to try

Eating too much? Are you logging your food and seeing that you are going over your calories and macros? With the sleeve, you will feel less restriction. Its finding ways to fill the extra space without going over calories/macros.

Cravings and hunger. Keep healthy options for sweet and salty on hand. Cook healthy recipes with flavors that you enjoy.

If you have added carbs and sugar back into your diet, you will crave them more. Detox off them.

Thank you Bravepototo I am trying to find a diet to follow right now I am kind of doing low carb . I am also trying to find some type of support group. I need help I am also looking for a nutritionist. Just need some suggestions.

Edited by Lizpeni

Hi I had the sleeve done 3/17/15 I initially lost 55lbs but I have gained 25lbs back I know it’s me eating wrong. My question is it too late to loose the weight again. I love Cookies and cakes they go down real easy[emoji22][emoji22]
Oh no! You can do anything!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I don't know how you all can eat as much as you want because I get full quickly and stay full for a while. If I eat more it just comes right back up into my throat. You can't force food and you are at risk of possibly a terrible outcome. Eat only a cup of food at one time and take 20 minutes to eat that. I have a sugar addiction too but I can't even eat enough to even make it count.

16 hours ago, iluvbears42@yahoo.com said:

I don't know how you all can eat as much as you want because I get full quickly and stay full for a while. If I eat more it just comes right back up into my throat. You can't force food and you are at risk of possibly a terrible outcome. Eat only a cup of food at one time and take 20 minutes to eat that. I have a sugar addiction too but I can't even eat enough to even make it count.

Over time if you increase your food intake you can stretch your stomach. Mine definitely has stretched some. I have thought about trying the 5 day diet that is supposed to reset your stomach down to its original post surgery size or somewhere close. Has anyone tried it? I'm hoping it will help with my cravings too. I have a lot of stress and work night shift so I'm constantly sleep deprived. I dont want to regain the 75 lbs I've lost.

57 minutes ago, HappyRN said:

Over time if you increase your food intake you can stretch your stomach. Mine definitely has stretched some. I have thought about trying the 5 day diet that is supposed to reset your stomach down to its original post surgery size or somewhere close. Has anyone tried it? I'm hoping it will help with my cravings too. I have a lot of stress and work night shift so I'm constantly sleep deprived. I dont want to regain the 75 lbs I've lost.

pouch reset diet won’t shrink your stomach. It will help you feel your restriction better. It's a kick start to get back on track with healthy habits.

Yes, I’m on my soap box because this topic comes up so often.

Your best restriction is in your first six months to a year. With the sleeve you feel less restriction as you progress *it’s not back to full size* this sensation seems common for sleeves but, won’t happen to everyone. I wish people knew this before choosing the sleeve.

Just because we have more space does not mean you have to eat over your calories and macros and gain weight. You can eat more bulk in food and keep your calories in range. With the other foods allowed on your plan, Eat dense Protein and as much veggies you want to fill the extra space.

***For anyone who feels they have stretched their surgery, get it diagnosed by a surgeon. Look into revisions. Address why you are over eating so you don’t stretch your next surgery***

Thanks for your replies. I am trying to mend my ways of eating. I can’t eat a lot but I can eat enough of the wrong things. Working on fixing me!😊

I found Dr. Berg through another helpful feed:

He really helped me kick my sugar cravings.