Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Got The "Foamies" Today

Shortly after my sleeve almost 4 months ago, when I first started eating solid food, I got "the foamies" where I would get an uncomfortable rolling cramping feeling in my stomach and have to throw up foamy mucus. I learned about "the foamies" here on BariatricPal and knew it meant I was trying to eat a food that I wasn't yet able to tolerate, like soft tortillas or steak.

But today I was just having salmon, which I've had a dozen times since surgery without incident. Maybe I ate too fast?

What causes you have to have "the foamies?"

Can be entirely rando. One day your playing well with your new anatomy and the other notsomuch. I think it has to do with if you've irritated it some way, or if you're dehydrated.

Sorry you had that happen! ((hugs)) Feel better soon. I'd take it easy for the next day or two with your food choices. Go back to basics...

Ahh GradyCat, I hope you feel better soon.

Grady Cat I hope you can land back on all 4 paws and keep moving along. I started today in such a good, happy mood, then I threw up a while ago and I feel like the Storm Clouds are gathering around me again. Deluded myself that I was learning and succeeding at this Bariatric Life and here I go again. More than a little sad at this turn of affairs.😢😭😪👈😢👉

I have to agree with @ms.sss, that seems to be when it happens for me as well.

7 hours ago, GradyCat said:

Shortly after my sleeve almost 4 months ago, when I first started eating solid food, I got "the foamies" where I would get an uncomfortable rolling cramping feeling in my stomach and have to throw up foamy mucus. I learned about "the foamies" here on BariatricPal and knew it meant I was trying to eat a food that I wasn't yet able to tolerate, like soft tortillas or steak.

But today I was just having salmon, which I've had a dozen times since surgery without incident. Maybe I ate too fast?

What causes you have to have "the foamies?"

Breads, toasted or untoasted it'll happen

I tried 3 oz of Salmon 2 months ago for the first time. Without fail the foamies. But it will also happen when I eat to fast or to much without fail. So I have to listen to my stomach vary carefully.

I had RNY May 3rd. Doesn't matter what goes down, foamies. I also have Crohn's Disease so I am wondering if I need to step back into liquids for a few days to see if maybe I have inflammation in my new stomach. I always take longer to heal than the average person. My tummy incisions arent healed yet. I assume it has somethimg to do with not being healed.

i will still get these seems when i eat to fast as well and some foods just dont work at all still

I got my first real bout of the foamies. Gastric Bypass July 1, 2019 lost 41 lbs. Really struggling tonight after eating toom much coconut Soup with chicken. Think I was eating too fast AND not chewing it up well enough. UGH