Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That is true I think I'll hold off on the juicing for a while. I am not taking in much Protein I am so sick of the Protein Shakes think I'll buy flavorless protein so I can add to broths and my Water. They did give me some I woke up with the worst gas pain, are you out the hospital?
Hi, yes, I came home from the hospital on Friday. Spent 2 nights there. Today is better than yesterday!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

That is great you got out quickly. How are you feeling?

I love the high Protein chocolate slim fast drinks. 20grams of protein in 11 oz. 3 of those a day meets our protein guide, and counts towards liquids at first.

That is great you got out quickly. How are you feeling?
I feel pretty good except for a sharp pinching, stabbing under left breast. That's the only really painful area. Went for 3 walks today, and drank about 90 ounces! How are you feeling?

19 hours ago, Briswife15 said:

I feel pretty good except for a sharp pinching, stabbing under left breast. That's the only really painful area. Went for 3 walks today, and drank about 90 ounces! How are you feeling?

I haven't really gone out to walk I've been walking around the house and cooking so I've been pretty active. The gas pains are getting to me. I am not doing so great with the Protein Shakes I am living on sugar-free Gatorade, and I had my first stool but it was black. Super weird.

Hi Iliana,

Sorry to hear you're going through a bit of difficulty. Everyone is different and hoping you turn the corner soon. I've been lucky that most of my pain is subsided. I've been walking as much as I can and that did relieve a lot of the gas pains for me. Now its just taking it easy and not overdoing it as I"m sure it'll take a month or so to fully recover or that's how I'm seeing it.

Hang in there... keep walking and get some better tasting Protein shakes.... believe it or not I've been dranking the Premier Protein and buying them at Sams Club. Just found a popsicle freezer thingy and put some in the freezer. The chocolate flavor reminds me of fudgesicles when I was a kid. :)

Hang in... keep up the good work and this too shall pass.

On 3/30/2019 at 2:25 AM, iliana00000 said:

Thank you today I did awesome with Water, I am basically living on Water because I am so tired of Protein Shakes. So idk how to get my Protein amount. Also did some juicing with carrot, celery, cucumber, and beats. Is this okay? and you're right I know it will pay off, and it was a lot of work put into this surgery. I know in a few months I will feel amazing just right now is the hard part. If I could at least get to the mushy stage I'll have a lot more to work with.

Buy Vital Proteins collagen Peptides and add it to your broth. It's a great way to get some of the Protein into your system. Avoid juicing as it can be too rich for your new stomach.

15 hours ago, MassMan said:

Hang in there... keep walking and get some better tasting Protein shakes.... believe it or not I've been dranking the Premier Protein and buying them at Sams Club. Just found a popsicle freezer thingy and put some in the freezer. The chocolate flavor reminds me of fudgesicles when I was a kid. :)

the caramel is really good too!

13 hours ago, koketika said:

Buy Vital Proteins collagen Peptides and add it to your broth. It's a great way to get some of the Protein into your system. Avoid juicing as it can be too rich for your new stomach.

Thank you I realized this whole thing is a trial an error. I have to keep trying different things until I figure out whats best for me.

16 hours ago, MassMan said:

Hi Iliana,

Sorry to hear you're going through a bit of difficulty. Everyone is different and hoping you turn the corner soon. I've been lucky that most of my pain is subsided. I've been walking as much as I can and that did relieve a lot of the gas pains for me. Now its just taking it easy and not overdoing it as I"m sure it'll take a month or so to fully recover or that's how I'm seeing it.

Let me tell you I ordered three boxes of this haha so I have to get rid of it somehow I will try freezing it. Hopefully that does the trick for me.

I had an extra night in the hospital after my surgery because I wasn’t drinking. I had a lot of air or gas and it prevented me from wanting to drink anything. The only thing that helped was walking. The nurses would help me out of bed and walk the hallway with me. This helped ease the gas pressure and I was able to take more fluids. The pain medicine was also a lifesaver. I took small naps after and when I woke I was ready to walk and drink again. But the biggest thing was the support of the hospital staff. They were encouraging and caring. I think you should let your surgeon know that the staff is being less than supportive.