Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What, you had NO surgery complications?

I’ll officially be 8 months out tomorrow and I feel great. From the day of my surgery to today I’ve had no complications. I didn’t use my pain meds. I still have the unopened bottle. I’ve exceeded the goals I original set for myself and the goals my doctor set for me. I’ve had no hair lose, actually my hair is the healthiest it has been in a long time. And my skin is snapping back wonderfully. (Thank God)

Of course I’ve had plateaus in my weight but I’ve learned what these plateaus are telling me about my body and what I need to work on. My weight has been decreasing consistently.

I’ve officially lost 80lbs. 11 more will take me into ONEderland.

My surgery went well and I got moving as soon as possible. I had 3 weeks out of work but I had my surgery just before the holidays so gave myself the time. I'm glad. I started walking at home and then started at the gym in week 2. I go nearly every day. I seem to be on the slower side of weight loss but I think that's because I haven't had any trouble with food and I'm older. Also, wasn't using any muscles before surgery and I sure have some now. Anyway, the measuring tape makes me happy and the scale does too because even if it isn't huge, the numbers keep getting lower. Very pleased and no regrets at all. It's up to us to make this work and that's my goal for me, to keep up the work and things will get to where they need to be for my best health and well-being. I was gassy in the beginning but that seems to have gone away in the last week or two.

Edited by seaforest

Had a 2 night hospital stay for hydration purposes. Couldn't take anything in. Once I was released felt fine. I live on a steep hill, walked up the hill on day 4. ( I did have to stop a couple of times!) I can now walk up my hill at a fast pace. Goal now is to run up my hill. I love trying new exercises and just getting out there. WLS, best decision I ever made:-)

No complications whatsoever! Best decision ever. Had my surgery on a Monday and was back at work on that Thursday! I was up and walking immediately and even used no pain meds. I actually questioned my surgeon the first follow up if he actually did do the surgery.

No complications here either! Pretty successful - maintenance mode now. I sick around to support and encourage others as well as get support battling my ever present sugar addiction.

I’m 3 weeks post op. Never had any issues at all. Since I’ve been on soft foods this week I’ve found it really hard to get all my Water in. I feel sooo full all the time. Anyone else go through this at this stage?

4 minutes ago, Beautiful3 said:

I’m 3 weeks post op. Never had any issues at all. Since I’ve been on soft foods this week I’ve found it really hard to get all my Water in. I feel sooo full all the time. Anyone else go through this at this stage?

It’s normal to struggle with your Protein and Water because surgery restriction is tight. Your restriction will become less with time.

22 minutes ago, Beautiful3 said:

Have you tried hot tea? I like to start my day with hot herbal tea, it feels like it relaxes and dilates my sleeve and allows for easier Fluid consumption.

1 hour ago, Healthy_life2 said:

It’s normal to struggle with your Protein and Water because surgery restriction is tight. Your restriction will become less with time.

So very true!

11 hours ago, Beautiful3 said:

Yes had same issue in the beginning need to put a Glass or cup in every room and when you enter Drink some or all at the end of Day try to empty all Glasses .

No complications for me at all! Now 15 weeks post op and down 65 pounds! Best thing EVER!!!!

I had my RNY on 1-29-18 and no complications.

I was up and walking 2 hours after surgery and made it a point that every hour to get up and do a lap around the hallway then come back and do my incentive spirometer.
I was released the next day which was great.
I took tylenol the day after I was home for the slight aches I had from the incisions and didn't have to take any since.

It has been trial and error with foods I can tolerate.....I can't do anything with Tomato paste, beef is OK if ground only, pork has to be very lean and I sadly can not do chicken wings.

4month post-op sleeve surgery 12/4/18 and I have had zero problems. Woke up fine, minimal pain with anesthesia, only took pain meds for the first 24hrs just in case. I was sore for the first week and slept in the recliner but not in pain. I'm down 40 lbs since surgery. I followed all of the rules the first 5 weeks - drank plenty of fluids and rested more than I ever have. I am now able to eat anything I want just in smaller quantities. I do not count carbs or calories, I just make better choices and stop eating the moment I feel any kind of fullness. I paid out of pocket for my surgery and feel like I'm trying to make long term adjustments for a lifestyle, not just the honeymoon phase of surgery. I use vitamin patches so I dont have to swallow pills and my 3 month bloodwork was great.