Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What, you had NO surgery complications?

This thread is so important! I just read the most disheartening blog post from someone who had a very difficult time post-op, written one month after her surgery. If I had read it before I had committed to this road, it would have terrified me to the point of turning back.

I love hearing your successes and knowing that the rough stuff isn't the norm. I'm going into this with my eyes wide open, but I'm expecting good things.

I'm about 7 months out, down around 70 lbs. I feel amazing, wearing clothes and doing activities I haven't done in years. My only issue is new GERD, but it's well controlled with drugs. I couldn't be happier with my tool!

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

I appreciate you starting this thread @Healthy_life2

17 months post op -94lbs

NO COMPLICATIONS FROM SURGERY

Love that it gave me a fighting chance against medical issues supremely out of my control

💖 Grateful to my Surgeons and Team perpetually💖

My heart goes out to those who had complications and those stories are important to highlight also but If i was considering WLS & needed reassurance in my decision I would rather gravitate to the positive stories. We absolutely need more stories of happy journeys.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Sept ‘17 2.5 months in hospital after my sleeve due to leak - 5 further ops to fix it. Sleeve failed and I put on 29 lbs of the 80 I lost.

Feb ‘19 - possible structure though I’m trying really hard to deal with it. Lost the 29 lbs I gained and a little more.

There are days I feel good and days I feel like crap. We’ll have to see how this all turns out but I can say for sure that our family (especially my girl who has autism and was without me for 2.5 months) has been through it. I’m hoping this is it now - with the new surgery, the thousands invested and more importantly my effort.

Staying positive is super important! Way to go!

I am almost 2 weeks post op RNY. Easiest recovery ever!

No nausea or vomiting post op, no pain meds needed at home. Walked 3 miles 6 days post op.

No issues yet drinking and eating. Best surgery and decision ever. I know the Lord led me to this surgery no doubt.

My two cents for pre op folks : if you can run or walk as many miles as you can days 3 and 4 before the surgery. Cardio is great to get you in shape for the surgery, work out the pre op anxiety and get you moving post op. Stay hydrated before the surgery :)

Keep your bed at 30-45 degrees at all times post op. Gravity helps.

Thank you for keeping it positive!

I had the sleeve 4.5 years ago.... no problems after surgery

50yo and was sleeved on 2/6/19.
Even though it hasn’t even been 2 months yet, I’m feeling great about the whole thing.
Pre-op was exactly how I thought it would be, and I have no hospital horror stories.
I knew going in that this was going to be something I had to work to get through so I was super-motivated from the moment I was taken back to my room to get drinking and moving.
In fact, after about a half hour visit with my family right after they got me to my room, I kicked them all out because I had work to do and was serious about it.
Was released the next day and never took one single pain pill beyond the first few hours post op.
Okay, so my abs were sore, but I’d just had abdominal surgery. I just knew it was something I had to put up with for a few days and then the discomfort was hardly there.

Started walking a couple miles a day 3 days post-surgery. Flew cross country to my nephews wedding 17 days post. Went back to work 20 days post. Started Pilates 3 weeks post. Transitioned from liquids to purées, to solids when I was supposed to and each time the transition went smoothly.

Each week I learn something new about my new stomach (2 weeks ago was the epiphany that it won’t kill me if I skip Breakfast bc my sleeve is pretty tight in the morning) and even though I had a stall starting on day 12 that lasted for 20 days, I’ve still lost 31 pounds in the last 7.5 weeks.
I’ve already moved down 2 clothing sizes and it is sooooooo much easier to move and live in my body than it was 2 months ago.
I still have 60-70 pounds til I’m at goal weight, and just the difference in how I feel from losing the first 30 pounds makes me so excited for the next few months. That feeling overcomes any negative feelings that “missing out” on food might give me.

Every day I ask myself if I would do it again and the answer is always yes.

I am grateful to have this second chance in life. The pain was temporary, My results were amazing. (I experienced more pain giving birth to my children) I was well taken care of by my team and my pain was managed with medication. I healed with no complications. I will be five years out in June. I’m maintaining in the 130’s.

Having my health and my life back was worth having surgery, all the food stages, logging and weighing my food, mental battles/behavior change, learning to cook/prep and getting myself to the gym.

7 months out. 70 lbs down. Barely any pain after surgery. I can eat anything - just not a lot of it. So happy with the results so far. 60 pounds to go.

No pain, no gas pain! Almost 2 months out and very happy with my choice. Constipation is real though make sure to follow your drs orders regarding Fiber.

Over 4 years and feel great. It took me 15 days to return to work I heal pretty slowly and struggle with pain from procedure. But that went away and I have hit every single one of my goals. Every single one of my dreamy goals.

Had surgery last week and I returned to work today. I feel great and had no issues.

I had the same thoughts and posted something similar prior to my 2/20 sleeve. I actually had “smooth sailing” myself - no problems with surgery!

18 hours ago, SisterWannaSleeve said:

No pain, no gas pain! Almost 2 months out and very happy with my choice. Constipation is real though make sure to follow your drs orders regarding Fiber.

Been wondering how you were doing! Glad you are well!